[Poll] How would you rate episode 606?

Ran

How would you rate episode 606?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it a 7/10.

It was well done and all; it just wasn't plots I was interested in, and the Dany scene just seemed like a repeat of the Khal burning scene.

The Jaime/Cersei scene was really good though (and I'm super excited to see Jaime in the Riverlands) and it was awesome seeing Benjen again.

Edited by Fez

I gave it 8/10.

For all that there were no shocking moments, nor any great actions scenes, it was a decent episode, apart from the yet again cheese ending with Dany. And though the Benjen rescue was a cool scene, and despite the explanation that followed, it was still a deus ex machina moment. But I liked seeing Walder Frey again, the King's Landing plot actually moved forward (though Cersei has fully regressed to her old self), as did Arya's story, and I liked the part with Sam, especially the sword stealing scene.

Edit: And holy shit, no one died this episode! That alone makes it deserving 1 point. :P

Edited by Corvinus

After last week this was always going to be a take-a-beat, develop-some-plot.  Tarly bit felt a tad overlong.  Kings Landing stuff was well done.  Dany scene was cool.  The best stuff was north of the Wall - seems like they've merged Benjen and Coldhands (GRRM has said they Coldhands is not Benjen in the books, and Benjen is apparently not scared of fire on the show).  Walder Frey is still Walder Frey and Arya was never going to stay no-one - I just hope once she kills the Waif the FM don't come after her some more, because if they do it's not going to end well for her.

Bring on the Gravedigger :-)

5. It was a set up episode. Expected after how fast paced the last 3 were.

Didn't really care for the Dany scene at the end. Didn't have a purpose. 

Atleast we got set up for the Jamie in the Riverlands plot, Lord Tarly, Sam gets a Valyrian steel sword. Benjen's rescue scene was well shot, as was the vision of Aerys  

The Frey scene was redundant. Like they wanted to remind everyone of them. 

Weakest episode this season. 

Not a flashy episode but you really have to give them credit for managing to cover so much ground in only an hour. They repaired some of their own missteps by moving all the Riverland facets back into play. They filled in Sam's entire back story in 20 minutes and they even mentioned to name drop Bronn and the BWB lest you forget them. 

Giving it a 7 for the fast forward on the exposition, just on a technical level. They really brought things up to speed in a way I thought  wasn't possible.

Edited by Fredwin

I have mixed feelings. It felt like not much happened, but on the other hand the plot was moved along significantly? I did quite enjoy it. Maybe a 7? 8 if I'm generous? Favourite part was Arya. I'm looking forward to Jaime going to the Riverlands. I quite enjoyed Dany's part. I think Margaery must have something going on.

Just now, nogginthenog said:

I have mixed feelings. It felt like not much happened, but on the other hand the plot was moved along significantly? I did quite enjoy it. Maybe a 7? 8 if I'm generous? Favourite part was Arya. I'm looking forward to Jaime going to the Riverlands. I quite enjoyed Dany's part. I think Margaery must have something going on.

For sure M is faking...Tommen probably isn't though and she's probably abandoning Loras too...

Just now, nogginthenog said:

It was like one step forward for Bran, Tommen, and Arya but 10 steps forward for everyone  else. Except for Dany, she pretty much hovered literally and figuratively .

7/10.  Not bad,   not great. I expected this to be a slower episode to set up the rest of the season and that's what it was.  I liked the scenes with Bran and Arya quite a bit.  The King's Landing scenes were OK,  if perhaps a bit rushed.  Getting Jaime out of there and into the Riverlands should be a major improvement.  The Sam and Gilly scenes felt like mostly filler,  but I didn't mind it.  And finally,  I don't know if its the producers' intent or not and its certainly nothing new,  but the over-the-top Dany crap is well beyond being obnoxious at this point.