[Poll] How would you rate episode 606?

Ran

How would you rate episode 606?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The show's been pretty schizophrenic this season so far.  Every episode has had some really good scenes and some really bad scenes and I've based my rating on which I thought there was more of.  This was the first episode this season where I didn't think there were any really bad scenes, but it also was a pretty dull episode without a lot of great scenes.  I gave it 6/10, it's a perfectly fine episode without much to complain about but I hope it's a set up episode for some spectacular stories later in the season.

2 hours ago, WingedShadow said:

Here's a hint: it's been a few weeks in-show since we've seen him. It's been at least 2 weeks since Tyrion struck the deal with the Masters, but we don't know how long it's been since Dany left AFAIK.

There has to be enough time for Dany to walk to Vaes Dothrak, gather everyone together and arrive back within a week's ride of Merreen. Could easily have been a few months and many animals can grow allot in that time. 

I hope Arya and Needle are getting the hell out of Braavos and reuniting with Nymeria soon. Be cool to see her and Nyms pack killing Freys in the Riverlands and meeting up with her badass uncle Blackfish!! 

The Benjen/Coldhands rescue of Bran and Meera was well handled I thought. Brans greenseeing is really better than I expected, intrigueing flashback of Aerys "Burn them All".

@KL I was so hoping to see the HS lose his head when Jaime rode up the steps, that wouldve been lovely. Where was the Mountain in that scene, didnt see him? Also Tommen is frustrating as hell, he will not survive that Iron Throne long I dont think.

All around tons of setup for next weeks episode that looks to be quite exciting again. Loving this whole season really.

I gave it a 6.  Much better than last week for the Sam/Gilly scene alone.  I was surprised how good that was since I'm usually not into their scenes.  Very well acted, well written, very tense, made me care more about Gilly and Sam.

Arya is finally getting some progression and it was nice to see her be empathetic to someone.  If this is the end of her FM training, that entire story arc was pointless as hell however.  She just got beat up with sticks for 1 1/2 season and that was the extent of it.

Those were the only scenes I felt strongly about.  I was really bored by another Dany speech.  I was excited in King's Landing that the Tyrell army was about to slaughter all the boring sparrows, but then Tommen came out and put a stop to it.  I hate that it looks like Jaime and Cersei won't split up.  It was a powerful moment in the books when he refused to help her.  Now he begs to stay and help her?  Why are they doing this to his character?  I don't know why the Benjen reveal didn't do anything for me.  Could be because I was in a room where everyone besides me just asked "Who's that?"  Could be because his voice gave it away for me before he showed his face.  I never really felt strongly about Coldhands in the books either.

Edited by Lothar

I gave it a 3 for Undead Benjen, Aerys II, and Ned and Lyanna bloodie hands. Should have gave it a 4 cause I'm happy Jamie no longer in the KG he really never should have been made a member. Hes good(was) with a sword, but his personality never fit with the whole KG thing.

At this point if you don't believe in R+L=J your either in denial or just really don't want to believe it

I adored it.  Loved Cold Hand's eyes ... loved Bran's visions - my god - Aerys II!  Worth the whole episode for him and his crazy wildfire hamfisted future-proofing ... and Jamie sitting on the throne ... fanfrickentastic.  And ending with BIG Drogon - all the Dothraki going nuts absolutely loving the calibre of Dany's new horse.  Loved it :D

Bran's vision makes me wonder about the end game, the last great battle - I always thought it would happen in Winterfell, but am wondering now that it might be KL.  Boom!

Gave it an 8. Solid across the board. Thought Dany's scene at the end was a bit unnecessary. Really surprised at how much I enjoyed Gilly and Sam's scenes. Also loved the flashback to the Mad King. He had one line and he really knocked it out of the park. 

8/10 - excellent episode that reshuffled the pieces, helped get things back on track for where feast/dance and tWoW are with certain storylines, and also had some major WFT does this mean for the books reveals. The biggest is obviously Benjen's return. It's super unclear if they are combing Benjen with Coldhands, or if Benjen's story here is indeed his story in the books, OR if Benjen somehow is really Coldhands in the books, despite what GRRM apparently told his editor. My theory had always been that when we find Benjen again in tWoW, he will be somehow part Other. This is because I figure a possible Benjen POV or reintroduction into the storyline via Bran's POV, would be used to give us insight into who and what the Others are.

So much to chew on...

8/10 for me. I really liked it, setting things up nicely for the second half of the season, lots of political manouvering and I liked how they've easily brought the Riverlands back into it with just a couple of small scenes, it's really well done this time. Sometimes it's a bit hurried/obvious that there's a filler scene but I thought all of this episode was solid, with a couple of stand outs.

Really enjoying Arya's storyline and I am so going to have to go back and re-watch Bran's visions, so many quick glimpses of some really important stuff right there.

And Benjen is back :)

Kind of weird Bran had no reaction to Summer and Hodor but I guess that is down to shock, but that's the only part I didn't like. 

The opening fight scene was really meh. The Sam/Gilly/Family stuff was extremely boring. Tommen and Margaery was long, tedious, cringey. I had to fast-forward through it. That dinner scene as well...talk about going on forever. I also don't buy Sam going there, even sending Gilly there, when Randyl is present. Seriously, those scenes felt endless. Arya kills the waif next, I'm guessing, so good thing they've done a Meryn Trant on her, making her as unlikeable and 'deserving' as possible. Dany's end scene was pretty repetitive. Felt like that should have been linked with E4's moment. 

5/10

I understand they need to take a breath before moving to the final showdowns on all fronts, but between prolonged and utterly boring Tarly dinner, converted King and Queen and the most pointless speech of all the speeches Dany had, this was such a lackluster.

Not even the uncles could have saved that.

So what the fuck has Drogo been eating to get so big in the desert?

Bonus points for no Tyrion

Why does Benjin's face look like a White Walker? How come when he turns he turns like them but other people just turn into zombies? WTF is going on?

I liked Kings Landing. And I like how it lead into the Riverlands plot.

Arya was predictable - meh, I want her dead now. No fucking discipline - she chose to join up with the assassins and then has some change of heart why? Because she liked an actress - stupid girl - hope the waif kills her.

Sam, I dunno - I dunno how I feel about it. I just want him to get to Old Town and start reading so we can find out how this fantasy world is supposed to work, if there is actually any logic behind it or not?

Just now, Faereth said:

@ummester I thought Benjen said the CotF stopped him turning into a wight by piercing him with a shard of dragon glass? That would explain it I think. 

Yea but he looked like a Wight Walker, not a wight. The wights are the zombies with blue eyes - The Wight Walkers are the ice things made by the Nights King. Benjen looked like his face was turning White Walker, not wight.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Yea but he looked like a Wight Walker, not a wight. The wights are the zombies with blue eyes - The Wight Walkers are the ice things made by the Nights King. Benjen looked like his face was turning White Walker, not wight.

I would assume that is the obsidian working? If the obsidian made the white walkers in the first place and seemingly has the power to stop a dead person becoming a full on wight, then I guess it would have some side effects? Plus Benjen wasn't killed by an ordinary weapon - but the ice sword of the Nights King I think he said? 

I'd say one of the weakest ones of the season so far imo. I suppose it could be caused by the fact that after the full of action and plottwists previous episodes, this one seemed more like an interlude that's buliding up to something, just like episode 1.