[Poll] How would you rate episode 606?

Ran

How would you rate episode 606?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

10 hours ago, Fez said:

Still seemed unnecessary. The Dothraki were already loyal to her, having them become more loyal is not really worth the climatic final scene of the episode.

I agree it was odd placement(would've been better for the episode to end with Arya blowing out the candle) but I think it was entirely necessary. It was basically an echo of the speech Drogo gave in Season 1 after the attempt on her life. She's asking something big of the Dothraki. To do what none of them has done before and cross the ocean to fight for her. 

10 hours ago, Fez said:

Especially since Dany has already had far too many of these 'big important speech' final scenes and not really done much with them.

She's a person who inspires the people and gets them to fight for her. Of course she's going to have several big speeches. But she really hasn't had one like this for a little while, I see no problem. And actually she's done a lot with the previous ones. Season 3, she sacked Astapor. Season 4, she sewed the seeds of dissent in Meereen and then did a night operation to conquer it from within. 

10 hours ago, Fez said:

I was really hoping that speech would end with something like 'Forget Meereen, we ride to Braavos, that's where the ships are.' and a command for Daario to ride to Meeren to gather the Second Sons and the Unsullied for her. At least that would've had more plot movement for her.

No, that would've been dumb. Meereen is her HQ at the moment. She needs to at least return to it and make a plan. 

Gave it a 6. Really strange episode, didn't really feel like an episode of Game of Thrones. I wouldn't bring back that director at all, he didn't get the tone right.

What I liked:

- Everything in Braavos. Now that they've stopped beating Arya half to death, her storyline has really picked up. Pity they left it in a cliffhanger, but I'm thoroughly looking forward to the next instalment of that particular arc.

- Benjen reveal. I knew it was him as soon as I heard his voice, but it was still great when he took his hood off. Moment was kind of ruined by the fact that I was watching with a bunch of Unsullied who had no idea who he was.

- Walder Frey reintroduction. They've got the Frey tone spot on. Well done.

- Tommen's moment at the sept. Not entirely sure they'd done a perfect job forshadowing that, but it was still a good moment. Also loved Jamie riding up the steps of the sept.

What I wasn't wild about:

- Jamie getting stripped of the white cloak. He's basically a different character now, and I don't know why they've changed his relationship with Cersei so much. Don't think it improves him as a character at all.

- Visit to Horn Hill. Tone was all wrong, nothing from that worked for me. Randyll Tarly was a big disappointment as well. Not a fan of any of that. It felt completely out of place, like it came from a different show.

7/10 

Bran: Cheesy and unrealistic, like his scene in the last episode. It took far too long for the White Walkers to catch up with them, and it was convenient how they decided to attack Benjen one at a time.

Sam: Boring, pointless, badly written and very long. Why is Sam still in the show when so many great characters have been killed off? This wasted so much time, while many other scenes in the series have been unnecessarily rushed. 

Arya: At long last, we finally get to see the point of this faceless man storyline.

Sparrows: I liked the unexpected twist with Tommen.

Freys: Fine. 

Benjen: Fine. Glad they kept the same actor.

Dany: I don't quite get why the Dothraki would want to help Dany invade Westeros. This hasn't been explained well enough.

I gave it a 7.

Sam and Gilly story was nice, and that plus the KL plot was the most interesting thing, apart from the big revelation that was Coldhands as Benjen.

Arya leaving the FM was kinda meh imo, but I really like how it was acted. Even though sometimes I don't particularly enjoy the scene plotwise, it's amazing how well all the crew manage to bring a really good scene, considering the acting, the costumes, etc.

I thought the Dany&Drogo scene should have happened right after the burning scene two episodes ago. Why is she trying to  asure the Dothraki if they're already following her? It seemed just a way to show off cgi dragon and remind us that Dany should head Westeros already.

2 hours ago, Eddy1 said:

7/10 

Bran: Cheesy and unrealistic, like his scene in the last episode. It took far too long for the White Walkers to catch up with them, and it was convenient how they decided to attack Benjen one at a time.

Sam: Boring, pointless, badly written and very long. Why is Sam still in the show when so many great characters have been killed off? This wasted so much time, while many other scenes in the series have been unnecessarily rushed. 

Arya: At long last, we finally get to see the point of this faceless man storyline.

Sparrows: I liked the unexpected twist with Tommen.

Freys: Fine. 

Benjen: Fine. Glad they kept the same actor.

Dany: I don't quite get why the Dothraki would want to help Dany invade Westeros. This hasn't been explained well enough.

i wonder this myself sometimes. He's alive in the books because Plot Device. In the show, as i said in my post, i think they are supposed to function as the Shire of this saga-  what's worth saving in this world?? 

Just  my thought

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

I gave it a 4, not because anything was particularly rage inducing this time around but because I mostly found it to be very, very underwhelming. I have 0 interest in the King's Landing storyline, Arya's plot has fallen flat and I tend to forget Sam, Gilly and the Tarlys were even in the episode until I read other comments about it.

The Benjen/Coldhands hybrid reveal and Bran's visions especially were the highlight of the episode.

Dany's speech on top of Drogon felt redundant after the finale for episode 4. They should have just held off on showing her riding Drogon until the horde returned to Meereen. The Dothraki were already devoted to her. Meereen could sure use a rousing speech and a display of strength however ...

Gave it a 6.

Slower than last episodes, which is generally fine. But Tarly scene could have been a bit shorter.

Hooray for Benjen return, hooray for once not having to see the faces of Tyrion or Ramsay or Jon.

Dany seemed able to control Drogon, I wonder how. If(!) from now on she has complete control over him, that was the biggest thing happening this episode and maybe the entire season. Even without Khalasar or Unsullied, if a legitimate Targaryen would fly to Westeros on dragon back, all she would need to do is burn one great house for everyone to shit their pants and declare for her.

I gave it an 8

I liked every bit of it, maybe the House Tarly scene should've been a little bit shorter. Also Arya turning her back on the Faceless Men was a big 'YAY!!!' moment for me, I couldn't feel that they wasted a season and a half on her story arc. I do hope it goes different in the books though.

A good solid build-up episode. Plaots are coming to a head now in readiness for the season finale.

Arya and the Waif are set against each other.

Jaime is en route to the Riverlands, where we have the Freys battling The Blackfish, The Malisters and The Blackwoods, with BWB in the mix. Brienne also heading towards this.

The Faith and Cersei are set to have their Trial by Combat.

Dany has a Kaleshar charging towards Meree and conquet.

Only Bran is still unclear as to what he is up to.

I really enjoyed it as a filler episode.  It was lovely to see Sam and Gilly again, yes they are a bit cheesy, but their scenes make me smile and in such an intense show as this I like to have a bit of light relief, especially after the trauma of last week's episode.

Enjoyed the flash backs, Benjen reveal and The High Sparrow's clever games.

Not a fan of Jamie/Cersei this year, I can't see anything pushing them apart in the show which I think has taken away a major part of his character growth and development.

Drogon looked awesome but the speech was a bit meh, although I am looking forward to seeing Dany the Conqueror take on Westeros and how she will react when she realises that the true threat is not from the other houses by from an undead winter army.

I gave it a 7 since I liked or was okay with everything in it (though the Tarly segment was too long and felt a little awkward at first) except for that stupid Dany scene at the end. Getting so tired of these boring speeches about how amazing she is. Hopefully the God's flicked the coin the other way and she ends up being a mad Targ. That would be much more interesting...

8/10

Well, the dragon was bad ass, but his absence and sudden appearance were a bit weird.  What the heck was he doing this whole time? How did Daenerys know he was lurking around the corner? How the fuck does a 100-ton dragon hide from the mother of all khalasars? Did he have a growth spurt during his perhaps month-long separation from his mother, because I swear he looked three times larger than before?

His entrance would have been better if he'd landed in Vaes Dothrak right after setting fire to the Khal tent.

Benjen's reappearance was nice.  Explains a lot of stuff. Guess he can help Meera drag Bran's sled and de-brain a few zombies with his sweet morning star along the way. Hope he's got a pad nearby.

I'm glad Sam took the Valyrian steel sword from his father, that fucking prick.  Fuck them and their racist fantasy world. Sam's gonna take their fancy mantle piece and disembowel some White Walkers like a boss.

The look on the High Sparrow's face was priceless.  I know he's a crazy, dangerous fanatic, but he knew he was winning and his face showed it.

I'll be interested in seeing how (or if) Arya gets herself out of her predicament. The Waif is NOT going to make her death painless or swift, and since she can smack down long-pole-wielding Arya with some crazy ninja shoulder moves and probably won't look like the Waif when she finally makes her move, Arya better have some tricks up her sleeve (e.g. the ability to warg into a gigantic wolf and eat the Waif?).

This episode could have had some more action, but I understand the need for plot development.  I'm hoping the remaining episodes are a little faster paced.

1 hour ago, MrsStocksey said:

Not a fan of Jamie/Cersei this year, I can't see anything pushing them apart in the show which I think has taken away a major part of his character growth and development.

Yeah, nothing in the show is making Jaime very endearing at the moment.  He was doing better when he was riding with Brienne, but his sister's a bad influence on him. Hopefully his separation from her while he's retaking the Riverlands will improve his behavior.

The Good

• Randyll Tarly (almost looks the same as I imagined him in the books!)
  • Benjen Stark
  • Walder Frey 

The Bad

• Jamie returning to his old season 1 character, taking interest in his 'son' and the show butchering his chance at redemption.

The Ugly

• Dany's god awful speech, she is a megalomaniac (how D&D think her character is appealing is beyond me) 

Edited by Ser Dalton Vaas
Typo