[Poll] How would you rate episode 606?

Ran

How would you rate episode 606?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5/10.  I enjoyed the return of Benjen and the fact that Arya showed growth and the suggestion that she's woken up to the fact that she will never be "no one" by retrieving Needle, but I had to take points off for all the scenes that were either predictable or repeated themes we've already seen many times (the Tarly family dynamics, Cersei and Jamie, Daenerys)

5/10

Clearly a setup episode for Jaime's Riverlands arc, Arya leaving the FM and Dany finally heading for Westeros. Sam at Horn Hill dragged on for a bit too long and Dany's speech felt cheesy and redundant. The scene at The Twins came across as merely a reminder to the audience of the players in the Riverlands, which is fine since it has been some time since we were in that storyline. Also, David Bradley makes a great Walder Frey. Nice to see Benjen back and the KL storyline took an unexpected turn. I thought Jaime+Mace and the Tyrell army would easily dispose of the Sparrows. The HS has become a major player/obstacle now that he has gained influence over Tommen and Margaery. Overall, a decent enough breather episode which was necessary after the rip-roaring pace of the season thus far and the emotional gut punch of The Door.

I gave a 6 for this week. My lowest rating of the year.

Sam - Didn't like this at all. Horn Hill was absolutely massive, didn't expect that at all. Then Sam reverts back to cowardly Sam and allows Gilly to be treated very poorly. To top it off he steals Heartsbane. I know that he knows how important Valyrian steel is but I just don't like them having him do this. So where do they go now? They can't really go to Oldtown now right since his dad knows that's where he was heading. Plus what good is the sword there? Does he head back North?

Arya - This was about as expected except it will be dragged out one more episode before Arya and the Waif battle it out.

Dany - well she has her army heading toward Mereen, and seems to be understanding what it will take to get them all to Westeros, seems to finally be making plans to actually do it. I still wish she would head to Volantis and take their ships. I assume she will fly ahead to Mereen and maybe find out there about Volantis supporting the Harpy and see her fleet has been destroyed?

KL - Well that back fired. They should have known something was up when her hair wasn't cut like Cersei's was. And why was Olenna there, I mean seriously all she was there for was so Mace could look stupidly at her and she could explain the obvious. So is Maergery really following this or is she just going along to get Loras free? Tommen I could see following it if he thinks she is. Also gives us the set up for Jaime to head to the RL and meet up with Brienne, he even mentioned Bronn so likely he will be traveling with him again. Lancel shot Jaime a glance, any chance he tells him about Cersei before Jaime leaves?

Walder - well at least we know he is still alive!

Bran - nice to see some of his flashbacks. One prominent flashback was the Mad King and the wildfire. I still see this turning into Cersei and her nuking KL taking out everyone, the FM, Tyrell army, everyone, just before Dany arrives. Jaime will be in the RL with the Lannister army and so he will be saved.

Benjen - Ok, so does he have some magical powers now? How did he get his weapons on fire? I still think he will lead them to the Heart of Winter where Bran does something big near the end of the series.

All in all a good episode, just felt a little flat since the last few have been so good.

5/10 also.

Bran's flashbacks were interesting to see and I'm sure contained allot of info on things to come in the show. Aria and the FM story looks like it's about to crash, but I agree with other posters here that it was all planned and hoped for by Jaquen Hagar(spelling?). The KL showdown had a nice twist that made it interesting but I don't like what's being done with Jamie's character right now. He was making a great transition during season 4 with Brienne and I was excited to hopefully see him rise up out of Cersei's quagmire. There is still hope though. The Sam scene was interesting just because I like Sam and was wondering how they were gonna keep him in the game if he needs to train for years and years to become a Maester of the Citadel. Does this mean he is taking the sword and going back north to the Wall with his father and troops in hot pursuit? Or is he taking the sword to the Citadel maesters in an attempt to get Valerian steel back into production? Uncle Benjen scene was cool and required at this point I guess. Bran and Meera were screwed without help from someone or something. I like Meera and think she has an inner strength but they needed a physical strength replacement to Summer and Hodor to help them move forward.

I'll keep my comments kinda short about Dany the Disney princess. I started hating her around Season 2 when she gave her bratty little rant in front of Quarth and I've never turned back. Her story is the weakest part of the show and I hope she doesn't win it all in the end. It's the thorn in my side each episode but I just roll my eyes and stay interested in the other stories. This is just my opinion as a viewer of the show and not a book reader so please don't get too upset about my single opinion. She has a big part to play with her dragons and their abilities so I am looking forward to seeing how that plays out. With all the hints about dragons and stuff related to dragons (dragon fire, dragon glass, attacks from the air, etc...), the Night King is going to have his hands full when they finally meet.

Edited by Ordee

Gave it a 6.
After all the action and bloodshed we've seen in the previous episodes it's hard not to get a little bored with this one. But it's not a bad episode at all and we got some interesting plot development.

My favorite scenes were the ones in Braavos and the plot development we get here, with Arya finally realizing she can't be no one and getting ready for the consequences.

I also liked the North of the wall with those flashbacks and the reappearance of uncle Benjen. His reveal as coldhands is something I was expecting from the books and never got (yet), so seeing it on the show was nice.

The rest of the episode felt weird. Sam's scenes were way too long; King's Landings events dull; and Daenerys last scene unnecessary in this episode.

23 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

7, well done and Benjen was great but the pacing in this show is crazy.  One or two scenes and the world changes. Dany gets all Dothraki against their traditions with 15 minutes on screen. Tommen rolls over to the High Sparrow and betrays Jaime with no trouble or angst.  This show needs to be longer, with more transitions

When did Tommen betray Jaime? Tommen had strict orders that no one was to attack the FM, and Jaime went against those order and planned an attack. If Tommen is a true believer then he does what is right, Jaime betrayed his King and his King dismissed him for it.

6 hours ago, MrsStocksey said:

Not a fan of Jamie/Cersei this year, I can't see anything pushing them apart in the show which I think has taken away a major part of his character growth and development.

I am hoping Lancel talks to Jaime before he leaves for the RL. They made a point to show Lancel on the steps of the Sept, making eye contact with Jaime, holding out hope for this.

Jaime heading to RL and so is Brienne, could be a meet up of former pent up flames! Brienne would now have two suitors!

4 hours ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

The Bad

• Jamie returning to his old season 1 character, taking interest in his 'son' and the show butchering his chance at redemption.

The Ugly

• Dany's god awful speech, she is a megalomaniac (how D&D think her character is appealing is beyond me) 

Jaime still has a shot at redemption. He is still heading to the RL just as in the books and maybe, just maybe Lancel talks to him before he leaves.

Dany - yeah, she loves speeches.

33 minutes ago, AGS Martell said:

My favorite scenes were the ones in Braavos and the plot development we get here, with Arya finally realizing she can't be no one and getting ready for the consequences.

I also liked the North of the wall with those flashbacks and the reappearance of uncle Benjen. His reveal as coldhands is something I was expecting from the books and never got (yet), so seeing it on the show was nice.

The rest of the episode felt weird. Sam's scenes were way too long; King's Landings events dull; and Daenerys last scene unnecessary in this episode.

Agree with you on Braavos, time to get Arya moving.

The flash backs were really good and revealing. Coldhands however does not equal Benjen in the books or show. GRRM has said himself that Coldhands is not Benjen.

I found the KL events very interesting for once. I see Maergery as playing the HS. She seems to be the one in charge and is just letting him think he has the best of her. She knows Tommen is not smart or cunning enough to see what it happening so she uses him as a pawn. This whole season has been about woman coming into their own so this would fit right in.

Arya - not being no one but instead remembering who she is

Sansa - If you won't help me I will do it myself

Yara - Fine, I'll take the ships and take control of my life, likely heading to Dany

Marg - taking control of KL and the King, from the other woman in charge

Dany - didn't need to be saved by men, saved herself and took the entire Dothraki population with her

Sand snakes- yeah the whole story there sucks, but the women are now in charge

Lady Olena telling her oaf of a son that they were outsmarted

35 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Jaime still has a shot at redemption. He is still heading to the RL just as in the books and maybe, just maybe Lancel talks to him before he leaves.

Honestly, I've been waiting for this all season and I just don't see it happening,

I think it's fair to say D&D see Jamie as an antagonist overall, sure they begun his character's redemption during season 3 and again during season 5 with Myrcella (albeit this one was strange and largely pointless as a plot device) 

I can see him returning from the Riverlands only to then be maimed and killed by one of Daenarys' Dragons. Of all the characters in the show I think his is being twisted and wasted, as you said there is a chance at redemption but I can only see it ended up ultimately as deflating. 

Personally gave this ep an 8, as personally the filler episodes like this one can be just as rewarding as the big blockbusters (Hardhome, Red Wedding ep, Episode 5 of this season). 

The return of Benjen is a great twist and the storyline with Brynden/Walder Frey could be a key part of the season, with Brienne on her way to Brynden and with Walder having taken Edmure captive.

4 minutes ago, Vastet said:

No, Randyll is the thief for denying Sam his birthright. Sam took what was his.

that some idealistic crap...

ALL BELONGS TO RANDYLL every last blade of grass belongs to the LORD OF HORNHILL that is lord Randyll Tarly until his death or abdication.

the sword is lord tarly's, after the death of randyll we could talk about sam and dickon and who should have it, in my opinion is dickon's because even though i really like sam he took an oath, and dickon didn't do anything to sam so it would be out of character for sam to come out of nowhere and say "sorry bro all those oaths and shit i crossed my fingers so they don't count gimme all your stuff"

That's ridiculous. It belongs to the family, not Randyll. Sam could just as easily have killed him and been no different than a dozen other lords and kings who offed their parents to take control of their house for themselves.

Dickon gets the house because Sam would be breaking his vows, but the sword belongs to Sam.

1 minute ago, Vastet said:

That's ridiculous. It belongs to the family, not Randyll. Sam could just as easily have killed him and been no different than a dozen other lords and kings who offed their parents to take control of their house for themselves.

Dickon gets the house because Sam would be breaking his vows, but the sword belongs to Sam.

kinslaying and oathbreaking yeah sure...