[Poll] How would you rate episode 606?

Ran

How would you rate episode 606?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

17 minutes ago, Vastet said:

Absolutely no mention of swords or other personal belongings = you fail.

So you are now claiming that the sword is his by birthright so it is ok for him to go into the house of his still living father and just steal it? However, you think that Mormont, who took the exact same vows as Sam, has no right to his sword that his sister sent to him?

A LC who was explicitly told by the previous LC that if the NW executed every man who took off for a night that the wall would be manned only by ghosts. = you fail.

And yes, took off for a night to go to moles town to get laid...not started a family. Master Aemon specifically told him that the reason they don't do that is so they won't be conflicted by duty. 

Are you kidding? If you are it is funny. If not seek help immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Vastet said:

Not even remotely.

"A man's eldest son is his heir"

Not if you renounce all claims to being an heir. through one of the sacred organizations. 

You think Kingsguard inherited? How about Maesters? 

Aemon could have been king. But made an oath. Robb couldn't have just strolled into winterfell back before Ned Went south an shipped ice just because. He especially couldn't have done that if he had joined the nights watch. Then ice would have passed to the next oldest.

2 minutes ago, Vastet said:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Customs

Amazing how you ended up being that very person.

You literally are claiming that Mormont has no right to his ancestral sword because of his vows but sam, who took the exact sam vows, is totally entitled to go grab it from Horn Hill while his father is like still using it

And yes, took off for a night to go to moles town to get laid...not started a family

As yet Sam hasn't started a family.

Are you kidding? If you are it is funny. If not seek help immediately.

Right back at you.

Just now, Vastet said:

As yet Sam hasn't started a family.

Really, because his girlfriend and adopted kid prob see it otherwise. 

Just now, Vastet said:

Right back at you.

Not if you renounce all claims to being an heir. through one of the sacred organizations. 

Not one oath ever mentioned refers to personal belongings. Only lands, titles, and family. A sword is none of these things.

You think Kingsguard inherited? How about Maesters? 

Who's to say? We've yet to have any example of personal belongings inherited or not by any of these.

Aemon could have been king. But made an oath. Robb couldn't have just strolled into winterfell back before Ned Went south an shipped ice just because. He especially couldn't have done that if he had joined the nights watch. Then ice would have passed to the next oldest.

So then Mormont had no right to keep Longclaw.

You literally are claiming that Mormont has no right to his ancestral sword because of his vows but sam, who took the exact sam vows, is totally entitled to go grab it from Horn Hill while his father is like still using it

No I'm using Mormont and Longclaw to prove Sam has every right to Heartsbane. And Randyll isn't using it. He's displaying it.

Edited by Vastet

8 minutes ago, Vastet said:

Irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, Vastet said:

Not one oath ever mentioned refers to personal belongings. Only lands, titles, and family. A sword is none of these things.

Who's to say? We've yet to have any example of personal belongings inherited or not by any of these.

No I'm using Mormont and Longclaw to prove Sam has every right to Heartsbane. And Randyll isn't using it. He's displaying it.

he wasn't in the process of using it, but Randyl Tarley is one of the best warriors in Westeros (even Stannis was impressed by him and Sam's mom is Stannis' cousin by marriage or at least was before he was dead and we know how much Stannis loves family). Valerian Steel never goes dull. I assume when Tarly rides into battle he uses his sword right?

Let me ask you this. Assume you were right (plot spoiler, you're not) for the sake of argument and Sam as the eldest son has some kind of claim on hearts bane. What happens to it when sam dies? Does it go to Craster's bastard? No, because there is no right of succession because sam is forbidden to have children and is honor bound to the nights watch. So you are basically saying that when sam dies the 500 year tradition of passing the sword on dies too?

No. 

Sam said the words and joined the nights watch which made Dickon the heir to Horn Hilly and, by extension, Heartsbane,.

10 minutes ago, Vastet said:

13 minutes ago, Vastet said:

Irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant that sam is in love with a woman that he is traveling with and taking care of. It's the whole point of the vows to make sure that doesn't happen. 

Sam, by rights, should be beheaded as soon as he sees anyone with any authority which would probably be his father and his army when he came to get the sword back. 

36 minutes ago, Vastet said:

The sword is not Sam's.  Sam is neither the Lord of Hornhill nor the heir.  Thus, he has zero right to the sword. 

I gave it an 8.  I really liked it and thought it moved the story along well.  It was nice to have a bit of plot building after the insane dramatics of last week.

Arya - Her giggling through Joff's death scene was great.  I loved the advice she gave Lady Crane.  "She would be mad that she didn't get to say goodbye...now I have to go see my father".  And Needle...I got chills. 

She stood on the end of the dock, pale and goosefleshed and shivering in the fog. In her hand, Needle seemed to whisper to her. Stick them with the pointy end, it said, and, don't tell Sansa! Mikken's mark was on the blade. It's just a sword. If she needed a sword, there were a hundred under the temple. Needle was too small to be a proper sword, it was hardly more than a toy. She'd been a stupid little girl when Jon had it made for her. "It's just a sword," she said, aloud this time . . .

. . . but it wasn't.

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me "little sister," she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.
Polliver had stolen the sword from her when the Mountain's men took her captive, but when she and the Hound walked into the inn at the crossroads, there it was. The gods wanted me to have it. Not the Seven, nor Him of Many Faces, but her father's gods, the old gods of the north. The Many-Faced God can have the rest, she thought, but he can't have this.

AFFC Arya 2

I think she'll kill Waif.  The Waif's desire to kill Arya seems to go against the FM so I'm interested to see if Jaqen is setting up Waif or not.

Jaime - Looks like he never lost his hand.  I was surprised by his dismissal and Cersei's indifference to it.  Even though there's been a big divergence from the books it looks like his destiny is tied in with Brienne's in the Riverlands. 

Marg - WTF?!  Is she taking her situation into her own hands or has she been completely brainwashed? 

HS - Ohhh, he know what's up.  Playing their game well.  Suckas!

ColdJen - He's back, yay!  I knew it as soon as I saw his eyes.  The scarf covering his mouth was indicative of CH.  And when he was skinning the squirrel I was thinking of his Elk.  And they did a good job of giving him Black hands.  Nicely tied together.  I like that we know he's "alive" but it'll be a different reveal in the books since they are different people.  I'm glad he had answers for Bran. 

Bran - HOLY SHIT those visions!  Bloody Hand (Lyanna), Wildfire, the Mad King, so fricking much!  Although I need to see some emotion from him soon about Hodor and Summer.  Perhaps once they are out of immediate danger?  The Bran we've all come to know, the sweet boy would be heartbroken over his loss. 

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the Mad King.  BURN THEM ALL!

Dany - Uh, is she paying attention to Daario?  I don't think he's happy with his dragon love.  When she burned down the temple in Vahes Dothrak he seemed hesitant to kneel with Ser Jorah.  And his conversation with her this week wasn't complimentary.  I think he was stating a fact that she's a conqueror and he didn't seem glad about it.  Dany, what happened to your horse? 

Lord Tarley - I expected him to be a HUGE dick.  I was not disappointed.  Lady Tarley is adorable!  I love the way little Sam lite up and went to her easily.  Kids and dogs know a persons true self. 

Heartsbane - DAY-UM Sam, Coward my ass.  He grew some stones!

he wasn't in the process of using it, but Randyl Tarley is one of the best warriors in Westeros (even Stannis was impressed by him and Sam's mom is Stannis' cousin by marriage or at least was before he was dead and we know how much Stannis loves family). Valerian Steel never goes dull. I assume when Tarly rides into battle he uses his sword right?

The last time he rode into battle would have been in the Greyjoy rebellion. All he does these days is sit on his arse and go hunting. Sam intends (imo) to bring the sword North where it is needed most.

Let me ask you this. Assume you were right (plot spoiler, you're not) for the sake of argument and Sam as the eldest son has some kind of claim on hearts bane. What happens to it when sam dies? Does it go to Craster's bastard? No, because there is no right of succession because sam is forbidden to have children and is honor bound to the nights watch. So you are basically saying that when sam dies the 500 year tradition of passing the sword on dies too?

I'd say it should go to his brother under the current scenario. However, by the time Sam dies the NW will be gone. His vows will be irrelevant because the order is dead. So the scenario changes.

Sam said the words and joined the nights watch which made Dickon the heir to Horn Hilly and, by extension, Heartsbane,.

Heartsbane has nothing to do with his vows.

How is it irrelevant that sam is in love with a woman that he is traveling with and taking care of. It's the whole point of the vows to make sure that doesn't happen. 

He was ordered to take care of them. Noone can prove they are in love, and there's nothing to say Sam is starting a family at this point.

he sword is not Sam's.  Sam is neither the Lord of Hornhill nor the heir.  Thus, he has zero right to the sword. 

False.

5 minutes ago, Vastet said:

The last time he rode into battle would have been in the Greyjoy rebellion. All he does these days is sit on his arse and go hunting. Sam intends (imo) to bring the sword North where it is needed most.

I'd say it should go to his brother under the current scenario. However, by the time Sam dies the NW will be gone. His vows will be irrelevant because the order is dead. So the scenario changes.

Heartsbane has nothing to do with his vows.

He was ordered to take care of them. Noone can prove they are in love, and there's nothing to say Sam is starting a family at this point.

False.

you are categorically wrong about everything. There was not one correct thing you said with the exception of the sword going north, but even cousin orson could figure that out.

It seems you have missed the whole point of 1) The Night's Watch 2) Sam's Character Arc 3) Who Randyl Tarly is 4) Honor

you are categorically wrong about everything.

No, you are.

There was not one correct thing you said with the exception of the sword going north, but even cousin orson could figure that out.

Wrong again.

It seems you have missed the whole point of 1) The Night's Watch 2) Sam's Character Arc 3) Who Randyl Tarly is 4) Honor

At least you're consistent.

So far in GoT: 6x1: 6/10 / 6x2: 8/10 / 6x3: 5/10 / 6x4: 9/10 / 6x5: 10/10 --> average: 7,6/10

Episode 6: 7/10 --> altogether: 7,5/10

That episode was a notable piece inferior to the last two great ones.

1) The scenes in King´s Landing are getting worse and worse: What the moke was this scene under the sept? 250 spearmen against 150 armed sparrows infront and 1000 aggressive citizens in behind preparing for a close combat? Jaime not knowing the location of king and kingsguard: (-1)

2) Okay i like Sam/Gilly scenes but why do i have to watch a boring family dinner in GoT? And how the hell is Sam supposed to flee a well manned stronghold in the night not to mention having Heartsbane with him?: (-1)

3) The whole Braavos scenerie. Useless...even if the whole blabla is just a deception of the Kindly Men/ Jacqen.: (-1)

1 hour ago, Facebookless Man said:

wow... you think you've seen the worst of this board and somehow it still manages to surprise you.

It is the gift that keeps on giving, like the Jelly of the Month club

1 hour ago, Vastet said:

No, you are.

Wrong again.

At least you're consistent.

Seriously? You are just making stuff up out of thin air to support your wishes. I responded to you false assertion with a passage containing quotes strait from the books that proved you wrong and your response was basically, uh, uh, your wrong. Your argument is comparable to a little child throwing a tantrum when they don't get their way. It's clear why you are such a big fan of the show, you have no regard for logic and facts, just as d&d. You ignore valid points against your argument and make up your own fan-fic to fill in the gaping holes in d&d's fan-fic. Like seriously, grow up man, this is not a subjective opinion, this is fact, you are wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Seriously? You are just making stuff up out of thin air to support your wishes. I responded to you false assertion with a passage containing quotes strait from the books that proved you wrong and your response was basically, uh, uh, your wrong. Your argument is comparable to a little child throwing a tantrum when they don't get their way. It's clear why you are such a big fan of the show, you have no regard for logic and facts, just as d&d. You ignore valid points against your argument and make up your own fan-fic to fill in the gaping holes in d&d's fan-fic. Like seriously, grow up man, this is not a subjective opinion, this is fact, you are wrong. 

I have come to the conclusion that he can't be serious and is just having a go at trolling and driving me nuts. That is the most charitable way I can look at this. It is either that or he is cousin orson.