[Poll] How would you rate episode 607?

Ran

How would you rate episode 607?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Was going to give it a 7 but both Sandor and Swearingen in the first 5 minutes gave it an extra point. 

Queen of Thorns - Best lines in the episode.

Ian McShane - Disappointing character but he did the best he could with the lines given.  Great voice.

The Lady Mormont - Amazing performance

RiverRun- Great set, great armor on Jamie , great Blackfish scene, great backhand.

Arya- No situational awareness ever.  The waif was going for a slow, painful death and those 4 stab wounds should do it but this is fantasy.  Arya did deny the waif another face on the wall by escaping so maybe hers will end up there instead.

YAY - No Danny, no Euron

The Ending- THE HOUND IS BACK !!

Edited by Ser Graymax

2/10 best episode this season. Props to the show for not dropping the ball on Jamie at Riverrun. A nice job of it. Also, Queen of Thrones givinig it to Cersei was pretty boss. As for the rest of the show....it was pretty much just terrible. I mean, horrible. Like the worst writing I have ever seen.

Forget stupid stuff like Gendry being able to use his rowboat of teleportation to get jon from the wall to bear island to Deepwood Motte in about 11 minutes. 

Forget the story of Gravedigger...er....woodchopper....being totally horrible and meaningless...like literally without meaning. What is with the big reveal? Why would any one even suspect he was dead? What is the motivation for him being there. Why did the brotherhood kill his entire AA meeting? Why did he chop their wood? Is it to make up for all the trees he has pissed on? What a waste of the guy from deadwood! Put an eye patch on him and you might have a half decent euron. Oh wait, euron crows eye doesn't have an eye patch.

Meanwhile...who is writing this stuff? The Spice Girls? Lyanna Mormont is a total joke. That goodness for Davos Peptalker. Meanwhile, I assume Mel took the week off. Oh and Theon, have a beer this will make you mutilation and torture better. Now I am off to go prove a woman can do anything a man can.  I mean great, theon's sister is now the girl who goes with the guys to strip clubs to prove how cool she is. Ugh.

This show has become such a sickening excuse to push agendas. Those agendas are a) Plot, character, theme, writing, imagry and sanity do not matter and b yayyyyyy feminism.

I am so sick of the westerosi affirmative action plan. The only person with no terrible lines in this show seems to be the mountain.

What's worse, there is more but I am too disgusted to keep writing.

I'm find it refreshing to read many of my fellow watchers are also getting very annoyed with Sansa's character recently. Lady Mormont was spot on with her tude towards her imo. At this point i'm beginning to wonder if Sansa will or will not hatch a doublecross of Jon. I dont think Sansa or LF should be trusted. It would not be the first time Sansa has thrown family under the bus..I can see her now saying she "Did what I had to do", yeah its always all about you isnt it Sansa?........gag.

Overall a very interesting episode once again, it would have been cool to have kept Ian McShane alive for more than one episode though.

The stabbing of Arya was so traumatizing, there were literally gasps and shock in our living room. Although as soon as I saw the old lady at the bridge I was sure that was the waif. It still didnt take away from the sickening feeling of seeing my favorite character getting stabbed multiple times. Please,please,please, SAVE ARYA!!!

@KL all I can say is HS and Septa shameshame you will get yours soon enough and I will happy dance when your nasty heads roll.

The Blackfish against Jaime and Bron at riverrun is entertaining. 

Am looking forward to next week once again.

Kitty gave it an 8/10 for this episode was a decent storybuilding episode but there were a couple problems which have already been mentioned.

Pros and Cons
+ Lyanna Mormont ish the most epic head of a house at the Mormont.
+ "It must have been some kind of monster..." "It was a woman." - About the Hound's defeat
+ Margaery was quite convincingly portrayed as a believer, but the rose revealed she hasn't really changed
+ The Riverrun-scene was rather truthful to the books. Kitty was wondering if they'd include Edmure at gallows and she wasn't disappointed. At least they seem to get something right about those books despite having ruined Kingsmoot a couple episodes ago.
+ Black Walder #Rekt
+- Jaime becoming more and more like his old self. The more interesting Jaime, but Jaime who didn't learn anything after all.
+ Dialogues in general this episode
+ No Dany this episode. They're finally letting her ride to Meereen without a mandatory "Dany of the Day"-scene.
+ A hanged septon. Lady Stoneheart foreshadowing much?

- Another "saw that coming"-stabbing. Arya should have been more careful, knowing that she betrayed the FM. But a proper assassin makes sure the target ish dead and preferably as unnoticeably as possible. Waif should be sacrificed for the Many-Faced God for such failure.
- Carol has become too meek for a lioness. Or is it just calm before the firestorm?

Some have wondered why it's so green at Riverlands while it's winter in the North. But it's only a proper winter north of the Wall. At wildling camp they had just enough to call it first snow and since North ish long, it's small wonder it's just autumn beginning in the south.

I gave it a solid 10 because there is nothing I disliked. Simple as that.

It's true that the Hound's comeback and septon Meribald are totally different from the book.
But the show won't last forever, and it can not have the same level of complexity/details as the book. So the way they were portrayed was fine to me, and it got Sandor back in the game immediatly, which was the point.

I can imagine Game of Thrones fans not being too impressed by this episode. But 9 /10 for me.

This was one of the best acted, and best written episodes I have seen in all six seasons, reinforced by the cameos by two great underrated British actors. Blackfish, Kingslayer, the Tyrells, the Ironborn, Ser Bronn of Blackwater, Lord Glover, Septon Meribald (Ray?!), even the little Lady Mormont were flawless.

with the exception of Arya getting stabbed this episode was a whole lot of "standing in place". I think they gave the hound's new buddy way to much screen time, They didn't give Jon & Sansa enough screen time. This was like a holding pattern. Nothing seemed to move forward. I am very annoyed with this episode.

An 8.  My favorite episode of the season.  The Lyanna Mormont and Riverland scenes were incredible.  You have to give them a lot of credit for not just having Jaime and Blackfish talk in an empty room.  There was an actual setting with castles, drawbridges, and soldiers.  The dialogue was good as it came straight from the books, it was well acted, had tension, made you feel conflicted.  That may have been the best scene of the season.  The kid actress that played with Lyanna was wonderful.  I hope to see more of her.

Also good that we had no Dany, Tyrion in Meereen, or Bran.  I may be in the minority for Bran but I hate the over the top fantasy part of the show.  I hated Episode 5.  Not a fan of skeletons running on ceilings, time travel plots, teleporting undead army, and elves throwing grenades.

This episode would have been a 9 if it wasn't for the strange stuff with Arya.  That seems like shitty writting no matter what direction they're going with it.

8/10.  Although I felt there was something missing,  there's not much I can complain about.

Positives:

-Finally,  we're starting to see a potential payoff in the High Sparrow mess.  It seems Margaery really is playing him after all.  

-The Lyanna Mormont kid is great. 

-I mostly liked the scenes with Jaime at Riverrun.  The previews for next week have me a bit concerned,  though.

-If it was necessary to bring Sandor Clegane back,  I think they did it mostly right.  That being said,  I think they spent too much time on it.

-Its good too see Arya's story is finally going somewhere, though obviously,  that ending is worrisome.

-No Dany this week.

Negatives:

-The Jon/Sansa/Winterfell story line that was largely carrying the first half of the season is definitely starting to feel rushed,  much to the detriment of that entire story line. 

-The Theon/Yara scene seemed like mostly pointless filler.  I could live with that,  if it weren't for the fact that this was a short episode and that several other story lines desperately need more time onscreen than they're getting.  

Edited by bb1180

There's usually some redeeming qualities to any particular episode, in S6, but even the Hound and Mormont couldn't save the awful writing this episode. I gave it a 4, if only because of Sandor and Lyanna.

---

Int. DnD's Office. Day.

Camera pans the room. The floor is pristine, no crumpled paper anywhere. The whiteboard is clean. Pause on DnD and Cogman, they're having a casual conversation but the shadows have come to dance, my lord... their shadows are all sucking each others dicks. Zoom past to underneath a massive desk. Chins resting on forearms: 

Arya:

[chews her lip] Well... Lots of people can't write.

Hound:

[pause] ...Lots of cunts.  

Edited by JEORDHl

36 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

There's usually some redeeming qualities to any particular episode, in S6, but even the Hound and Mormont couldn't save the awful writing this episode. I gave it a 4, if only because of Sandor and Lyanna.

---

Int. DnD's Office. Day.

Camera pans the room. The floor is pristine, no crumpled paper anywhere. The whiteboard is clean. Pause on DnD and Cogman, they're having a casual conversation but the shadows have come to dance, my lord... their shadows are all sucking each others dicks. Zoom past to underneath a massive desk. Chins resting on forearms: 

Arya:

Hound:

Do you consider yourself a good writer? ^^^ Because that's not witty whatsoever, it's just flat out strange.

41 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

---

Int. DnD's Office. Day.

Arya:

Hound:

brilliant. 

I mean what the fuck was that? By far the weakest episode of season 6, imo. It was boring and ridiculous. 

Queen of Thornes was good and I'm glad that Margaery is only playing everyone. 

But all the chit-chat with the HS is boring as hell, the HS ordering Margaery to share Tommen's bed and the idea that Tommen goes with that issue to the HS are both beyond ridiculous. 

Cersei is a waste of screen time, she does and says nothing. 

Riverrun was boring, the Jaime Blackfish scene was flat and dull, neither Jaime nor the Blackfish got to shine. It was so boring even Bronn failed to shine. Glad to see Bronn exists though. 

And I mean did we honestly have to waste some ten minutes for septon meribald and company just so they could all die? Yes, the hound is back, we get it, surprise, surprise... And it just comes to my mind, was that mustard cloaked dude supposed to be Lem Lemoncloak? Such a waste of time. 

And Jon and Sansa... For fuck's sake, can they look more ridiculous? A bloody ten-year-old calling them out on shit... Jon the poor broken man no.3 is lamer than hot pie. It must truly be tiring to die, but it didn't seem to bother lord Beric to have a voice, and even Theon fucking Greyjoy, broken man numero2 has more spirit than Jon. And Sansa didn't even do anything, she just stood there. So yeah, little miss assertive tells them to take a hike, but ser Davos saves the day after the two idiots fail to compose an offer, because he is good with kids because he was a fan of Shireen. I mean come on. 

And then Glover rejects because he won't fight with wildlings and house stark is dead. Does he argue that Sansa is a Bolton? Does Jon explain the bigger picture? Do they tell him about Rickon? So all Sansa was there for was to remind Glover of his allegiance and when he said that allegiance doesn't exist because the Starks are dead, she just said Oh well okay then... BLOODY HELL that was the worst writing ever. 

And it's not over yet. They go back to the camp and she is back at bitching about how they need more men and criticizing Davos. GIRLFRIEND, did you help convince anybody to give men? Did you do half as much as Davos? All you do is bitch about what others should do and then act behind their back. Davos is a battle seasoned man with good judgement who's been advising a king for half his life, he is straight with Jon. Sansa is a secretive, stupid and bitches about everything. So who should be his most trusted conselor? Sansa? Littlefinger? God, I want to bitch slap Sansa so hard. She was totally fine from season 2 to 5 and now she is back at it again with this full force Cersei attitude. 

Yara and Theon... Drink! Right, because ale will fix the shit he's been through... And if it does, that's just fucked up writing. And since when is Asha gay? 

Arya... First I thought the old woman with the cart was pyat pree. At least I was half prepared for what was coming. So what now? Game over? Where is a girl's caution? Where did a girl put his mind? Will the girl die alone in the streets? Will the girl magically warg into her direwolf? Will the girl honestly have the lamest and most unworthy death on the show? A girl's overconfidence is her weakness. (I'm warning you Sansa) 

Yes, my expectations were probably too high, but this was just pathetic. 

I should say something positive too. Queen of Thornes was one. The other was the (not so) subtle foreshadowing. 

And last bit of rant: why the fuck did Edmure Tully not die? I want death. Not oh s/he'll come back anyways death. Real death. Lots of death. Heads. Spikes. Start closing the bloody storylines already! 

Edited by RhaeBee

6/10.

just when I thought the show had just lost it and could never get back to where it used to be, along came this episode, that wasn't good, but surprisingly decent. I like the first scenes, they had dialogue that wasn't as awful as it was in the previous episodes. It wasn't exciting, but the show remembered that the books are as much about intrigue and diplomacy as they are about dragons and zombies. Margaery was good, Cersei and QoT were okay too, the scene at Bear Island was great even, although the comic relief was a bit silly.

That Sandor's back is great, that he's back on a revenge trip, however, just isn't. Such a cheap setup for the trial by combat, shame on you show writers. And The Brotherhood without Banners sure has become an evil bunch of f**kers. The Arya Waif showdown was nearly as bad, so easy to see that one coming, so pointless. Why just ruin the FM, they were properly interesting in the books. So much stickfighting all for nothing.

I'm almost sure the next episode will go back and be as bad as the previous ones, but I still wish the'll more like this. Not great, but at least not stupid.

Gave it a 7. Some individual scenes I really liked but there's something just not working with this season so far, it's not quite gelling and I'm not getting lost in the episodes like I used to. 

Love that Sandor is back. Pissed at how they've handled the Arya/Waif thing - it'll just be ludicrous if Arya miraculously recovers to have that roof top chasing scene in the season trailer. 

So individual moments of wonderfullness (Queen of Thorns I'm looking at you) but all in all a bit...lacking.

I do however think that the Queen of Thornes being so utterly brutally  honest with Cersei is what's going to tip Cersei over the edge into doing something incredibly rash and foolish, there was a gleam in Cersei's eye at the end....she is starting to lose it. 

I gave it an 8 because the Hound is back and the scenes with him and that other guy were pretty good. Most of the rest I don't even really remember, it was kind of forgettable. Poor Arya, though:(

Book spoilers

Spoiler

The broken-man-speech was lame, though. Not even close to the awesome Meribald-monologue.

Utter garbage. No wonder you people liked it.

RAWR CLEGANE and LAWL EUNUCH JOKES and the waif is not only spiteful and emotional she can't even murder for shit, true FM style all the way, let's make Asha a lesbian since she's so badass she's bascally a dude, those feminist bitches can't criticize us this season bro, hey let's have sansa lick LF's balls to get the army that would follow her in a heartbeat if she'd just hanged him with his own bowels last episode, who gives a shit if nothing makes any sense, we have a hard on for every character that is an absolute piece of shit because they remind us of our favorite people, har har they have like 62 men that's liek too funny bro lolololol let's have the Glovers piss on Ned Stark and our invented bro houses be faithful because why the fuck not, hey guys so what do we put on Marge's message, hell fuck it my head hurts we've written enough cock jokes for today let it just be a drawing that's totally the way you'd warn your family of imminent danger, k it's a wrap who wants a line?

Edited by Facebookless Man