(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

16 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

We cannot know the thoughts of R'hllor - we know the thoughts of his devotees, Stannis and Melissandre. They are utterly intolerant of opposing belief-systems and are very explicit about Stannis being born to destroy the Great Other's minions.

Stannis is not a devotee of R'hllor. He acknowledges that Mel has powers, and uses it. Also, we know Mel has her own agenda, even if we don't know what exactly that agenda is. 

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Right, but there are plenty weirwood trees north of the Wall, which the Red religion in their Taliban zeal would cut down.

I don't know that. I know that Mel would, but as I said above, Mel has her own agenda. It is possible all r'hllorists would want the same, but impossible to be sure  with what we know so far.  

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Stannis is not a devotee of R'hllor. He acknowledges that Mel has powers, and uses it. Also, we know Mel has her own agenda, even if we don't know what exactly that agenda is. 

What makes you say Stannis isn't a follower of R'hllor. He's got the magic sword and crusader zeal, willingness to perform blood sacrifices and everything! He may not believe it in his heart, but he's certainly execute the religion's agenda, to the point (probably) of offering up his daughter as a sacrifice.

He walks like a red duck, quacks like red duck ...

54 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

What makes you say Stannis isn't a follower of R'hllor. He's got the magic sword and crusader zeal, willingness to perform blood sacrifices and everything! He may not believe it in his heart, but he's certainly execute the religion's agenda, to the point (probably) of offering up his daughter as a sacrifice.

He walks like a red duck, quacks like red duck ...

Well the daughter's sacrifice thing is just D&D hating the character of Stannis. But I do kind of understand him in a way. Sometimes the weather is just a tad too chilly, your toes get a lil' numb, and to get that nasty snow melting all you have to do is burn your only child and heir xD. 

You are kind of right, technically - yes he is a follower of R'hllor but he doesn't actually believe in the god, he believed in Mel's powers. Compare him to literally any other followers of Red God in Stannis' posse, and he stands out as the guy who doesn't really care.

red stag*

1 minute ago, Rupert Honeybun said:

Well the daughter's sacrifice thing is just D&D hating the character of Stannis. But I do kind of understand him in a way. Sometimes the weather is just a tad too chilly, your toes get a lil' numb, and to get that nasty snow melting all you have to do is burn your only child and heir xD. 

You are kind of right, technically - yes he is a follower of R'hllor but he doesn't actually believe in the god, he believed in Mel's powers. Compare him to literally any other followers of Red God in Stannis' posse, and he stands out as the guy who doesn't really care.

red stag*

Even if deep down his faith is insincere, how many of his troops are now fundamentalist crazies?

Anyway, this is all moot - the point I was making is that him bringing an army flying R'hllor banners along with a Red Priestess was unprecedented in Planetos history and enough to provoke the Others into a strategy of forward defence - i.e. to attack the humans south of the Wall as a pre-emptive measure to keep their antithesis out of their lands.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, dooog said:

Btw... was anyone else thinking that that Braavos play depicting King Robert, Ned and Joffrey etc was to Game of Thrones show as the Game of Thrones show is to ASOIAF? :D

A genital wart?  Yes

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:31 AM, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

I said something about an eye-patch to someone and they were like does it matter?

I was like sure it's not plot relevant that we know of; but seriously why put in a character and not give the guy a 10$ eye patch?

But then i realized why!

Just like with Yara/Asha and Osha.. and Hodor Wylis/Walder audience members are stupid.

Beric Dondarrion from season 2 or 3 or whatever had an eye patch,

Don't want to confuse the audience!

Yet they create 2 characters Olly and Olyvar :blink:

On 23.5.2016 at 6:14 AM, Lord Parker said:

Summer was my favorite direwolf. )-: I'm not as upset that she died as I am regarding how she died. Such a throwaway...

Yes. Ghastly done! I actually doubt, GRRM kills all the direwolves in the books (and like that) - I mean, what will the remaining Starks (or any future Starks) but on their banner then? Will they have Sansa embroider a pretty lemon cake on a flag?

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yes. Ghastly done! I actually doubt, GRRM kills all the direwolves in the books (and like that) - I mean, what will the remaining Starks (or any future Starks) but on their banner then? Will they have Sansa embroider a pretty lemon cake on a flag?

To be fair, they managed well enough for 8000 years, which is a lot longer than the United Kingdom with its unicorn :P

Archived