Choose Your Kingsguard!

Dwadalin

On 5/23/2016 at 3:27 AM, Dwadalin said:

Hi there, I'm a fan who used to lurk here years ago but never made an account. I had a question for the community.

If you had access to anyone in the seven kingdoms, or even the whole of Planetos, who would be your 7 Kingsguard? (Or Queensguard as may be the case)

Now I do not mean building a dream team of the Dragonknight and Arthur Dayne. Who would you pick starting at the 1st book? Anyone who you pick will instantly accept if you ask them. So for example, Barristan Selmy would abandon Robert to tend to you. 

Here would be mine.

Lord Commander Barristan Selmy

Sandor Clegane

Areo Hotah

Garlan Tyrell

Bryndyn "The Blackfish" Tully

Balon Swann

Boros Blount to check for poison at my meals

I am not sure if we can pick the characters from book 1 only or from all 5 of the released books? I assume we can only pick the characters who are still alive at the beginning of "A Game of Thrones". So my Kingsguard members would be:

Ser Jaime Lannister. Lord Commander of my personal Kingsguard.

Ser Barristan "The Bold" Selmy. ( would not name him The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard just to piss him off by naming Jaime as the Lord Commander, Barristan would get triggered the moment i tell him that Jaime is his boss now )

Victarion Greyjoy. 

Greatjon Umber.

Sandor Clegane.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater.

Mance Rayder.

So I've got 2 elite swordsman, Jaime and Barristan, the best swordsman in Westeros. I have Greatjon, Sandor and Victarion, 3 monsters with a lot of experience. And i have Bronn and Mance, extremely cunning and very resourceful fighters. Would feel pretty safe with these guys protecting me. 

Archived