(Spoilers) The prince

There's an exchange between Varys and the Red Priestess regarding Azor Ahai.  He comments that The servants of R'hllor have been less than stellar when it comes to this prophesy and the Red Priestess agrees, because of human fallibility.

Is this a bit of foreshadowing?  What if she's totally wrong about Dani as well? More importantly, how do the events at the heart tree line up with the prophesy of Azoar Ahai? "Born" amidst salt and smoke, etc., etc.

Thoughts? 

8 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Bran might as well be the PTWP, in the last episode, he was truly born (developed his Warg abilties, taking 3ER's place) amidst salt (him crying when Hodor died) and smoke (pretty obvious)..

Where did he cry? To me it looked like he was warging the entire time.

Just now, GeorgeIAF said:

Episode 6 preview ... 

Well that is obviously after everything happened. I mean anyone could be reborn amidst salt and smoke if you took instances where there was salt or smoke in the entirety of their life.

I had salt with my dinner last night and then this morning I lit up a cigarette. I was reborn amidst salt and smoke! 

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

There's an exchange between Varys and the Red Priestess regarding Azor Ahai.  He comments that The servants of R'hllor have been less than stellar when it comes to this prophesy and the Red Priestess agrees, because of human fallibility.

Is this a bit of foreshadowing?  What if she's totally wrong about Dani as well? More importantly, how do the events at the heart tree line up with the prophesy of Azoar Ahai? "Born" amidst salt and smoke, etc., etc.

Thoughts? 

You might want to take a look at my posts. I've been putting the case forward for some time that Daenerys IS Azor Ahai, messiah of R'hllor, - the Red P is not wrong at all, but that R'hllor is basically a Satanic figure and that Azor Ahai is the antichrist. Of course we learn about these figures from the POV of Melisandre and see R'hllor's faithful acolytes; we don't get an opposing POV. However look at the actions - child sacrifices, shadow baby assassins, a messiah who murdered his wife - there's a lot more Varys could have said.

1 hour ago, kg1982 said:

Perhaps we never figure out who the Prince is and whether it is Dany, Jon, or someone else like Bran.

We'll probably have several candidates for the Azor Ahai position doing Azor Ahaiy things but we'll never be explicitly told who he is. It'll be up to the reader to choose his special snowflake.

2 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

We'll probably have several candidates for the Azor Ahai position doing Azor Ahaiy things but we'll never be explicitly told who he is. It'll be up to the reader to choose his special snowflake.

We can only know anything through the various characters' POVs. We can't know anything intangible directly.

12 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

You might want to take a look at my posts. I've been putting the case forward for some time that Daenerys IS Azor Ahai, messiah of R'hllor, - the Red P is not wrong at all, but that R'hllor is basically a Satanic figure and that Azor Ahai is the antichrist. Of course we learn about these figures from the POV of Melisandre and see R'hllor's faithful acolytes; we don't get an opposing POV. However look at the actions - child sacrifices, shadow baby assassins, a messiah who murdered his wife - there's a lot more Varys could have said.

Very interesting.

I have to say though, I've always thought the main protagonist of the series was Jon Snow.  After last night, i'm not so sure anymore.

• 3 months later...

Or just bear with me now. The Song of Ice and Fire is about two events instead of one. Jon has been chosen to fight the battle of Ice and Dany has been chosen to fight the battle of Fire. At the conclusion the balance will be restored as magic returns.

Archived