Spiral pattern of stones around the weirwood tree

Charles Stuart

26 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

The line goes horizontally in theta. Maybe you're thinking of 'Phi'.

Well, I guess it depends from your point of view. Move to the right or the left and it will change. Not to mention the signs made with corpses aren't the most geometrically correct shapes you could find. I chose to see them as theta because it appears multiple times in GRRM’s other works of fiction

Anyway, my point was that every magical ritual people have today(and maybe WW as well) has roots in the ancient rituals of the CotF.

Which makes me wonder what the significance of the symbol at the fist of first men was. If the symbols and others are used for a magical purpose then what actually is the purpose behind the symbols?

crackpot theory here but perhaps the stash of dragon glass was a significant reason the WW and wight army were heading to the fist in the first place and that the goal was to somehow resurrect a new NK or waken the old one with the spiral symbol? I really have idea :P

On May 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Ingelheim said:

I think the Night King we have on the Show is a different character than the Night's King of the books. You can't have both being the same guy, timelines do not fit. IIRC, even Martin pointed out their names are different.

Probably the Show wanted to simplify the whole White Walker thing, and made the Night King their leader since the beginning. Just my two cents.

I agree. Same with Leaf, and the 3ER for that matter. I know the children live longer life spans than humans, but I never got the impression they lived 8000 years. And the 3ER implied he's been alive at least 1000 years, so he couldn't really be Bloodraven in the show. 

But it seems Leaf and the Night King have both been around, fairly unchanged, for thousands of years. 

1 hour ago, Aedam Targaryen said:

I agree. Same with Leaf, and the 3ER for that matter. I know the children live longer life spans than humans, but I never got the impression they lived 8000 years. And the 3ER implied he's been alive at least 1000 years, so he couldn't really be Bloodraven in the show. 

But it seems Leaf and the Night King have both been around, fairly unchanged, for thousands of years. 

I've been stressing the first paragraph myself, but the last point - I'm not so sure.

Both Leaf and the NK have been played by 2 different actors. For Leaf, it's just a matter of a kid growing, like Tommen and Myrcella changing actors, but NK is different. It suggests to me that the NK Bran saw - the original one, is not the same as the one Jon saw - the current one.

Pretty sure in an interview the actor playing the NK this season talks about also playing a KG in ToJ scene and they talked about how he may have been chosen to play the NK because of his stunt (sword) skills needed for future episodes...being the show was making a change to help with budgets and put a solid scene together not suggest there were 2 separate NK on the show...

A spiral symbol could be a representation of a winter whirlwind or it could represent a chain reaction of one White Walker infecting other First-Men humans (and their corpses) with his Otherness.

Leaf Symbol is maybe a sacrifice ritual to sprout a new Heart Tree.

On 24 May 2016 at 3:15 AM, Big Daddy said:

BTW, to me the spiral pattern looks somewhat like a depiction of the galaxy, or how someone primitive would  depict it if they could see that far into the heavens.

:agree:

Definitely like a theta.

Is the spiral the ritual amplifier of ice magic as theta the ritual amplifier of fire magic?

Also: i wonder why everyone here thinks that the human turned by the CotF in the scene is the same that runs the WW on the show. Can't they be different WWs? As House Cambodia notes, they are played by different actors, so it would make sense that they are not the same WW....

Archived