Dear Board : A thread for small things not worthy of a thread of their own.

English is weird:

col·ic
ˈkälik/
noun
noun: colic; plural noun: colics
  1. severe, often fluctuating pain in the abdomen caused by intestinal gas or obstruction in the intestines and suffered especially by babies.
bu·col·ic
byo͞oˈkälik/
adjective
adjective: bucolic

relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life.
"the church is lovely for its bucolic setting"

How is it that near fatal constipation is related to a pleasant country life??

6 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

English is weird:

How is it that near fatal constipation is related to a pleasant country life??

When cholera and such were running rampant through the cities, constipation in the country maybe seemed like a pretty pleasant alternative? :P 

I volunteer and sometimes work for the local county museum and I have just spent the last 3 hours cleaning the mould off of centuries old weaponry from AROUND THE WORLD that we have in the museum store...and we found a weapon with BLOOD AND HAIR ON...fantastic!! Seriously so excited to be part of this project all the weapons are CENTURIES old...really brilliant, interesting stuff 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:41 AM, Ded As Ned said:

There's a new guy at work named Matt Murdock.  I was very disappointed to learn he is not Daredevil.  Or else he has a really convincing cover story.

Years ago I met a guy named Jake Thunderbolt. His middle name was Danger. For some reason he didn't have a superpower. 

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I volunteer and sometimes work for the local county museum and I have just spent the last 3 hours cleaning the mould off of centuries old weaponry from AROUND THE WORLD that we have in the museum store...and we found a weapon with BLOOD AND HAIR ON...fantastic!! Seriously so excited to be part of this project all the weapons are CENTURIES old...really brilliant, interesting stuff 

Also a cool tidbit of info for everyone here but old poisoned weapons even if they're hundreds of years old are POTENTIALLY STILL LETHAL AND POISONED because the poison can lie dormant but if you accidentally prick yourself and get blood on the blade then it reactivates the poison and can KILL YOU! Ha! Wow...:o

20 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Also a cool tidbit of info for everyone here but old poisoned weapons even if they're hundreds of years old are POTENTIALLY STILL LETHAL AND POISONED because the poison can lie dormant but if you accidentally prick yourself and get blood on the blade then it reactivates the poison and can KILL YOU! Ha! Wow...:o

For the sake of the partcularly stupid and disrespectful visitors, I hope all those weapons are under glass or very high up the walls. ;)

Last night I tried to ask my friend "was the taco any good?" and auto-correct somehow managed to change it to "was the racist any good?". I don't even understand. 

I also have the weirdest craving for cream tea which is something I've only even had once in my life. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:34 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

This sounds like the coolest job. 

Archived