"Don't knock it down while i'm gone"

Lordsteve666

Anyone else catch this line from Jon to Edd?

Is this foreshadowing of what many have suspected would happen for a long time, The Wall being brought down?

I know it could be nothing but in this series and also in the books there are so many hints that you only see on rewatches or rereads I just don't see something so obvious being nothing.

Either way I feel sorry for poor old Edd, he''s really out of his depth now! :uhoh:

38 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Is this foreshadowing of what many have suspected would happen for a long time, The Wall being brought down?

I know it could be nothing but in this series and also in the books there are so many hints that you only see on rewatches or rereads I just don't see something so obvious being nothing.

Either way I feel sorry for poor old Edd, he''s really out of his depth now! :uhoh:

Not sure if the Wall will actually come down. If Bran passes through it, so too can the Others

42 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Not sure if the Wall will actually come down. If Bran passes through it, so too can the Others

Thats the hot theory right now. But how can Bran forget or ignore that mark and that he brought down the BR and CotF wards once already. Will he really ignore all that and bring down the Wall?

Perhaps, there going to be another scene were he is warging the time and he and Meera are under attack and she drags his body thru the Wall passage thus unwittingly breaking the magic spell.

1 hour ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Yeah, I thought that right away, just because on here so many people are convinced (and to be fair, they're quite convincing) The Wall will fall. Would be a good season ender.

I just want to hear Edd's line as it falls down.

I always had a hunch that the wall would collapse. Its seems so impenetrable that I don't know how GRRM could resist the temptation to break.At the very least I think the white walkers will breach a gate using wight mammoths and wight giantsat some point and come through en masse.

2 minutes ago, Aduro said:

I always had a hunch that the wall would collapse. Its seems so impenetrable that I don't know how GRRM could resist the temptation to break.At the very least I think the white walkers will breach a gate using wight mammoths and wight giantsat some point and come through en masse.

Yeah, it just seems like it would be such a huge moment. I think the same about the sacking of Oldtown. Oldtown is just so cool, with the Hightower, the Starry Sept, the Citadel, I feel like GRRM won't be able to resist having an army tear it down, or a dragon burn it all down.

• 2 weeks later...

I put together a post of the same name but the moderators would not approve it so I will post mine here:

Potential Spoilers Below

“The Stone of Tear will never fall, till Callandor is wielded by the Dragon’s hand.

The Stone of Tear will never fall, till the People of the Dragon come.”

The fall of the Stone of Tear was one of the greatest signs of the Dragon’s Rebirth.  The Stone of Tear didn’t physically fall.  “After learning of the Foretellings of the Prophecies of the Dragon, the Aes Sedai of the time built the Stone of Tear to safeguard it. They placed it in the central Heart of the Stone, surrounded by powerful wards of saidin and saidar to prevent anyone other than the true Dragon Reborn from claiming it. These wards were so effective that not even the Forsaken could circumvent them.”  Callandor was described as the Sword That Is Not a Sword, the Sword That Cannot Be Touched.

Moiraine and Lan spent many years searching for the Dragon Reborn in many places; in 998 NE they arrived in the village of Emond’s Field. There she found three young men of the proper age, but all were said to have been born in the Two Rivers. She gave each a coin that would let her find them, wherever they went.”

I tell you about Moiraine because to me Melisandre fills her role in ASOIAF in her search for the Prince That Was Promised / Azor Ahai.  She was an Aes Sedai who could live for hundreds of year.  During that time they were said to have an “ageless” appearance in that you couldn’t tell the age of an Aes Sedai.  Basically they looked like the young Melisandre for hundreds of years.

“Wheeling the gelding, he dug in his heels and set the animal to a dead gallop into the night. It was a long way to Tear, yet, but he meant to get there by the straightest way, if he had to kill horses or steal them. I will put an end to it. The taunting. The baiting. I will end it! Callandor. It called to him.”

Jon Snow via the “Pink Letter” is being taunted and baited to go to Winterfell.  Is he being called by something also?

http://imgur.com/a/7aoGJ

“The alarm gongs sent echoes crashing through the Stone, but Rand paid no more attention to them than he had to the roar that had come before, like muffled thunder from somewhere below. His side ached; the old wound burned, strained almost to tearing by the climb up the side of the fortress. He gave the pain no heed, either. A crooked smile was fixed on his face, a smile of anticipation and dread he could not have wiped away if he had wanted to. It was close, now. What he had dreamed of. Callandor.”

Doesn’t Jon Snow keep having a dream that he has never finished? Are his wounds like Rand and will never heal?

“Is that what you think?” Be'lal said softly. “Truly, you know nothing.” Suddenly there was a sword in his hands, a sword with a blade carved from black fire. “Take it! Take Callandor! Three thousand years, while I lay imprisoned, it has waited there. For you. One of the most powerful sa'angreal we ever made. Take it, and defend yourself, if you can!”

Jon Snow is told numerous times by Ygritte that he knows nothing.  There is also a character named Aviendha, in TWOT, who is also a red head and the two fall in love, she also tells Rand that he knows nothing.  She was a maiden of the spear along the same lines that Ygritte was a spearwife.

“Be'lal raised his blade of black fire, snarling. “Take it! Take Callandor and defend yourself? Take it, or I will kill you now! If you will not take it, I will slay you!”

“No!”

Even Be'lal gave a start at the command in that woman's voice. The Forsaken stepped back out of the arc of Rand's sword and turned his head to frown at Moiraine as she came striding through the battle, her eyes fixed on him, ignoring the screaming deaths around her. “I thought you were neatly out of the way, woman. No matter. You are only an annoyance. A stinging fly. A biteme. I will cage you with the others, and teach you to serve the Shadow with your puny powers,” he finished with a contemptuous laugh, and raised his free hand.”

“Moiraine had not stopped or slowed while he spoke. She was no more than thirty paces from him when he moved his hand, and she raised both of hers as well.

There was an instant of surprise on the Forsaken's face, and he had time to scream “No!” Then a bar of white fire hotter than the sun shot from the Aes Sedai's hands, a glaring rod that banished all shadows. Before it, Be'lal became a shape of shimmering motes, specks dancing in the light for less than a heartbeat, flecks consumed before his cry faded.

There was silence in the chamber as that bar of light vanished, silence except for the moans of the wounded. The fighting had stopped dead, veiled men and men in breastplates alike standing as if stunned.”

“He was right concerning one thing,” Moiraine said, as coolly serene as if she were standing in a meadow. “You must take Callandor. He meant to slay you for it, but it is your birthright. Better by far that you knew more before your hand held that hilt, yet you have come to the point now, and there is no further time for learning. Take it, Rand.”

Those who have read my theories know that I believe that Ser Arthur Dayne knew he was going to die that fateful day at the Tower of Joy.  I believe that some sort of blood magic was performed that made Jon the new Sword of the Morning.

“As Ba'alzamon put forth his hand, Rand pushed himself up, threw himself desperately toward Callandor, still glittering and flashing in midair. He did not know whether he could reach it, or touch it if he did, but he was sure it was his only chance.

Ba'alzamon's blow struck him as he leapt, struck inside him, a ripping and crumpling, tearing something loose, trying to pull a part of him away. Rand screamed. He felt as if he were collapsing like an empty sack, as if he were being turned inside out. The pain in his side, the wound taken at Falme, was almost welcome, something to hang onto, a reminder of life. His hand closed convulsively. On Callandor's hilt.”

“The One Power surged through him, a torrent greater than he could believe, from saidin into the sword. The crystal blade shone brighter than even Moiraine's fire had. It was impossible to look at, impossible any longer to see that it was a sword, only that light blazed in his fist. He fought the flow, wrestled with the implacable tide that threatened to carry him, all that was really him, into the sword with it. For a heartbeat that took centuries he hung, wavering, balanced on the brink of being scoured away like sand before a flash flood. With infinite slowness the balance firmed. It was still as though he stood barefoot on a razor's edge above a bottomless drop, yet something told him this was the best that could be expected. To channel this much of the Power, he must dance on that sharpness as he had danced the forms of the sword.”

“He turned to face Ba'alzamon. The tearing within him had ceased as soon as his hand touched Callandor. Only an instant had passed, yet it seemed to have lasted forever. “You will not take my soul,” he shouted. “This time, I mean to finish it once and for all! I mean to finish it now!”

How it all ties together:

The Prophecy: When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

For those of you who have read my theories you know I believe that Melisandre (i.e. the Red woman) is also Shiera Seastar (Star of the Sea).  The Dothraki named the comet shierak qiya, “the Bleeding Star.”  Notice that Shiera Seastar’s first name with a “K” added to it is in the Dothraki word.  The prophecy of the red star was not speaking of a literal star or comet but was metaphorical.  So here it is the way I see it.  The Battle for Winterfell kicks off and it starts to go badly for Jon’s side. In the books Sansa will come to the rescue with Harry the Heir; Littlefinger will fill this role in the TV show.  Either way Littlefinger setup the entire thing with the Knights of the Vale.  The tide turns and Jon and company take Winterfell. 

Jon feels the pull of the dream that he never finishes and enters the crypts of Winterfell.  Davos and Melisandre have a conversation about Shireen and Melisandre tell him that she was sacrificed to R’hllor.  Melisandre’s eyes fill with tears during the telling.  When she is done Davos unsheathes his knife and plunges it into her heart.  Melisandre the woman who has searched her life to find the Prince That Was Promised becomes a large part of the fulfillment of the prophecy.  She is the “Red Star” that is bleeding.  Her tears account for the salt.  When Jon was stabbed by the Night’s Watch his wounds were described as smoking.  Melisandre’s wound then account for the smoke.  What does it means that darkness gathers?  At this point the Night’s King will have made it to the Wall in search of Bran.  The Night’s King will have his forces with him accounting for the darkness gathering.  Remember what Jon said to Edd when he left to go gather men when he left the wall?

Was it foreshadowed that the Wall would fall?

http://imgur.com/a/5RnBe

Well the Night’s King since Bran is marked will break the Magic that has held them at bay and who knows we may get to see them climb the Wall on Ice Spiders. 

Melisandre told us the following: “In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.”

Jon meanwhile finishes his dream and when he knows who he is he will discover “Dawn” left in a sepulcher.  He opens it and discovers it has been filled with chemicals causing it to ignite when exposed to air.  Jon reaches in and pulls the sword from the fire becoming Azor Ahai.  But what about waking dragons from stone.

“We can dismiss Mushroom’s claim in his Testimony that the dragon Vermax left a clutch of eggs somewhere in the depths of Winterfell’s crypts, where the waters of the hot springs run close to the walls, while his rider treated with Cregan Stark at the start of the Dance of the Dragons. As Archmaester Gyldayn notes in his fragmentary history, there is no record that Vermax ever laid so much as a single egg, suggesting the dragon was male. The belief that dragons could change sex at need is erroneous, according to Maester Anson’s Truth, rooted in a misunderstanding of the esoteric metaphor that Barth preferred when discussing the higher mysteries.”

Though most Maesters don’t consider Mushroom’s account of what happened to be accurate most of the information that they believe to be true in The World of Ice and Fire novel seems incorrect.  I believe his claim will indeed be proven accurate and Jon will indeed raise dragons from stone.  Melisandre’s death will pay for life.

Bran IMO will be able to do something that will give him the time that he doesn’t have to learn as the hour has come and the devil is on the doorstep.  He will somehow transport his physical body back in time and start the legends that have become the stories that Old Nan told him growing up in Winterfell.  For those of you who haven’t read my story on this I believe that Bran has taken up residence in the crypts of Winterfell and is now sitting in a wierwood chair beneath the weirwood tree under the Winterfell godswood.  He has essentially become the new three-eyed crow.

Does the Wall actually come down or does only the magic get stripped away?  I don’t know for sure but I believe whatever it is Bran is most likely looking at it before he does the impossible.

http://imgur.com/eI5XCLZ

Archived