Dinner with GRRM - what should I ask?

Talk about Big Blue, ask what he thought of their draft, ask him if Manning blows it this year will a Ser Eli appear and die a horrible death in Winds. Do your part on courtesy, tell him you appreciate his work and thank him for it. Assuming that is how you feel.

You can ask him all kinds of stuff, movies, sports, books, vacations, travel (what has been his favorite place and so on). Mostly just be yourself and try to keep it appropriate. In other words don't be me. "What's up slap nuts, Giant's suck, where is my book, you actually going to eat another one of those, does health mean nothing to you, you wanna get blitzed and go hit women using the confessionals at church?"

2 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Was Tywin the Hand of the King who had the tunnel to Chataya's establishment dug? Did Luthor Tyrell in fact ride his horse off a cliff to get away from Olenna's nagging?

Yeah, those are good ones, and, IMHO, likely ones to get answered :-)

ETA: Is Olenna Redwyn's claim that she refused a prince when it was the other way round just sour grapes? :D

Where are the potatoes? heh. j/k around but seriously his books mention none of this staple. These could save the Night Watch and other areas from hunger. They can be grown almost anywhere. Then Where are the Tomatoes?

Ask him his writing process. What he does before he begins. Does he regret how the show has progressed(actually Regressed). Ask him if he really detests how they ruined all of Dorne.

I dont think I would ask him anything under those conditions (you will likely hear him responding to dozens of questions as it is already). 

It reminds me of an event I attended at U of M where a journalist I enjoy, gave a keynote and then book signings. I enjoyed the speech, I complimented her, gave her a pin which she seemed to like, she signed my book and then I stealthily found a family member of hers (mother) all on her own, who was very engaging and telling all sorts of interesting stories about the author without thirty other people tripping in a line of restlessness. 

It worked pretty well for the circumstances I thought. And I actually came away from the event feeling I knew the author and her family a bit better from that enjoyable insight and unrushed exchange.

As I have said before, I'm interested in knowing if the Lannisters have Targaryen descent considering Pycelle thought Tywin could become King, such as through the six Hightower daughters. And of course what happened to the Hightower daughters and other loose ends on the Targ family tree? I think Aelinor being descended from them makes sense, as the marriage was to heal the feud I imagine the daughters might have married into other effected Houses, such as from West, Reach or Storm.

Though I would like to know the names of Doran's parents, sometimes I imagine his father was a Wyl due to their cunning plans.

I am interested in family trees.

2 minutes ago, Cynical Classicist said:

As I have said before, I'm interested in knowing if the Lannisters have Targaryen descent considering Pycelle thought Tywin could become King, such as through the six Hightower daughters. And of course what happened to the Hightower daughters and other loose ends on the Targ family tree? I think Aelinor being descended from them makes sense, as the marriage was to heal the feud I imagine the daughters might have married into other effected Houses, such as from West, Reach or Storm.

Though I would like to know the names of Doran's parents, sometimes I imagine his father was a Wyl due to their cunning plans.

I am interested in family trees.

Let us know what he says when you have dinner with him!

Archived