The wall, Brans mark, & the Night King

Drogo_1

This may be kinda out there but follow my logic for a second. Bran was "marked by the Night King" in the episode "the door". The show revealed that the mark left on Bran would allow the Night King to break through the wards protecting Meera, Bran, 3eR, & the COTF under the Weirwood tree. Then we watched as the Night King did just that. I can only assume that Bran will be rescued in the coming episodes and attempt to make his way south to the wall. Since D&D typically give us crazy episodes for 9 & 10 over the years, it begs the question what will the twist in Episode 10 be? I can only think that Bran will have crossed the wall by then and the Nights King will continue to follow. The wall is said to be woven with spells and wards which i think the Night King will then be able to break just as he did with the 3eR's wards, AND THE WALL WILL FALL, ( Bran is the Horn of Winter) Or at the very least break allowing the others and the WW into the seven kingdoms in the quest to bring the long night to fruition. This would leave fans going crazy and would be the perfect cliffhanger for the last season. Anyone else see this possibility? Or am I just grasping at straws here?

A Stark built the wall. 

A Stark must be sacrificed to bring it down.

Goodbye Benjen, if you ever pop up again.

But I think it won't happen this season, they have 2 more seasons to fill. The next one is going to be about Jon and Dany slowly gaining more and more land. Until a war between them breaks out. Before it is decided the wall is going to fall by the end of season 7. Then season 8, the final one, is going to be the about the war between the living and the dead.

But if it falls, I hope it isn't because or Brans mark. Seems a bit of a cheap way out to bring a gigantic magic construct down.

5 minutes ago, DanïelNorth said:

Goodbye Benjen, if you ever pop up again.

Benjen is popping up in this weeks episode! He is going to rescue Bran & Meera. He is pictured in the release that shows him riding a horse in the woods swinging a flaming mace.

I can"t imagine the wall falling down already. That would mean that the fight with the Others would have to start at the beginning of Season 7 already! And Dany isn"t even near Westeros. I think we can get Lady Stoneheart in this episode though.

The very reason that there must always be a Stark in Winterfell is because of the blood link that Bran the Builder built into the Wall and which he grounded in Winterfell to withstand the Others.  So long as there’s a Stark there, the Wall is safe.

23 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The very reason that there must always be a Stark in Winterfell is because of the blood link that Bran the Builder built into the Wall and which he grounded in Winterfell to withstand the Others.  So long as there’s a Stark there, the Wall is safe.

I just had a crazy idea that The Starks are descendents of WW version 2 created by the COTF. They are an upgrade of WW, designed to protect everyone from the WWs. Version 2 was negotiated as part of a COTF treaty with the First Men.

The first WW version 2 may have been a woman. Perhaps her name was Nissa Nissa and her sword may be Lightbringer. She has powers not only to raise the dead but also to raise inanimate objects  i.e. Ice. Her firstborn son was Bran the Builder who also had these powers and used them to build The Wall.  I don't know.. just thinking..

On 25.5.2016 at 11:13 PM, RobbStark said:

I can"t imagine the wall falling down already.

Right, me neither. On the other side though: Hardhome was far away from the 3ER's cave, they got there within half a season. The Wall is not thaat far away.. Okay, the Show has made it clear that they don't really care about time logic at all, but I can't imagine them keeping the WW away from the wall for like 8, 9 more episodes.

Jon's line, "Don't knock it down while I'm gone" could be a typical D&D. 

I hope it doesnt happen, but to me evidence is piling up for it to be in Ep10.

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I just had a crazy idea that The Starks are descendents of WW version 2 created by the COTF. .................

............ who also had these powers and used them to build The Wall.  I don't know.. just thinking.

yeah, no.

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I just had a crazy idea that The Starks are descendents of WW version 2 created by the COTF. They are an upgrade of WW, designed to protect everyone from the WWs. Version 2 was negotiated as part of a COTF treaty with the First Men.

The first WW version 2 may have been a woman. Perhaps her name was Nissa Nissa and her sword may be Lightbringer. She has powers not only to raise the dead but also to raise inanimate objects  i.e. Ice. Her firstborn son was Bran the Builder who also had these powers and used them to build The Wall.  I don't know.. just thinking..

That has to be the largest amount of improvised tinfoil I've ever read. 

The Theory of Bran bringing the Wall down because of his mark has some flaws. The White Walkers would just have to capture a Nights Watch Ranger, "mark" him and release him, so he would return to the the Wall. I think the Nights King had the power to destroy the hideout of the Raven before he marked Bran, he just didn't know he was there.

On 5/28/2016 at 10:35 PM, Metaphor23 said:

The Theory of Bran bringing the Wall down because of his mark has some flaws. The White Walkers would just have to capture a Nights Watch Ranger, "mark" him and release him, so he would return to the the Wall. I think the Nights King had the power to destroy the hideout of the Raven before he marked Bran, he just didn't know he was there.

Good point. I think it wont be that easy to destroy The Wall. Come on guise...

On May 28, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I believe you're onto something. I believe the human sacrificed to make the WW was a Stark and it was all part of the Pact.  Endgame will be Jon + WW (ice)  versus  Dany + Dragons (fire)

2 hours ago, chasing the dragons said:

I believe you're onto something. I believe the human sacrificed to make the WW was a Stark and it was all part of the Pact.  Endgame will be Jon + WW (ice)  versus  Dany + Dragons (fire)

Naw, I have it Bran (Ice) against Daenerys (Fire), and Jon (Ice and Fire) obtaining a tense armistice. 

On 5/28/2016 at 10:35 AM, Metaphor23 said:

Then why didn't they do that with Benjen? Benjen himself said that the Walkers left him to die and turn, why didn't the NK mark him then and send him back to the Wall? Not to mention all those Night's Watchmen they killed at the Fist of the First Men back in season 3; they could have used any of those guys.

I think it has to be Bran because 1) he's a Stark and 2) he has the greensight and that allowed the NK to mark him in the first place.

4 hours ago, Darren Allen said:
  Hide contents

Reddit spoilers say no more white walkers this season.

I think we see TOJ in visions in Episode 10, and that's it.

Night Watch Gathers - what that mean? all 50 survived watchers will gather for a party? 

or All NW in history will gather? maybe magic of wall will summon all dead walkers (like Coldhand) to defend the world. 

Starks are Kings of Winter.

Bran has power that aids the WW

The Night's King was a Stark

Starks built the wall (yes, with help)

Why MUST there always be a Stark in Winterfell (maybe there needs to be Stark blood nearby to hold the spells that keep the WW out)

The Starks will be instrumental in the WW moving south and it wouldn't surprise me if the WW have some Stark blood in them.

I don't think it will be Bran's mark that brings down the wall or allows the Night's King to pass. He's already somewhat responsible for the deaths of the 3ER, Summer and Hodor. Having Bran also screw over all of mankind seems a bit much.

I'm sure somehow, Benjen will sacrifice himself for Bran and Meera, if she survives ofc. So I think he's gonna die, but maybe not in this specific episode - I would say yes, but I'm not sure in that.

And Idk, but would like to see some epic event, like the Wall fall for example, and harsh winds starting to blow through the gap. 

Archived