Is Sansa Pregnant?

ununsullied

I don't think so or we would have been given a "morning sickness" scene by now.

I do think that LF is playing her and wants to separate her and Brienne.  LF was given charge to bring the Boltons to heal by Cerci and in return he gets to be Warden of the North.  The Vale is there to help him achieve his goal and to "have" lady Sansa.  Jon & the Wildlings may need to watch their backs.

32 minutes ago, ununsullied said:

In the first scene she says to Little finger that she can still feel what Ramsay did to her inside her every day!!??

That would have been a bold move by D&D, which is why I am sure that it won't happen.  I think last season was just lazy writing to give Sophie something to do, so they shoehorned Sansa into the Jeyne Poole storyline.  I doubt D&D thought about anything beyond that.

I thought that might be the reason she found the Castle Black food unappetizing when they were all dining together in ep. 4. Then on rewatch, I realized she scrunched up her face cause whatever she had on her fork was nasty. I also suspected that Sansa was pregnant because of one of the early promo photos. While I was disgusted by the idea, now I'm more ambivalent about it. 

I thought so, too, especially as it would

Spoiler

kind of tie into GRRM's original outline, where he planned for Sansa to bear Joffrey a son and then chose her child over her siblings.

Thankfully,  it seems increasingly unlikely with each passing episode.  The time allottment is starting to work heavily against it,  especially if Sansa does not appear in every remaining episode (and I think she may not be in the next one).  With so much already happening in the Jon/Sansa arc, plus splitting it off with Brienne and Podrick in the Riverlands, too,  I don't know that they have time to add another layer.  

We'll see.  Personally,  I really hope they don't do this. 

1 hour ago, lidsa said:

I thought so, too, especially as it would

Hide contents

kind of tie into GRRM's original outline, where he planned for Sansa to bear Joffrey a son and then chose her child over her siblings.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that. In that outline, she stays team Lannister because of the child. This is completely different; there's no way she could possibly side with Ramsay/Boltons because his seed quickened. Especially after that emotional speech to LF.

Plus, nobody wants to have to even think about the dilemma about Sansa raising or moontea-ing Ramsay's rape child.

Sansa pregnant from Ramsay?  Good God I hope not!  Plus I really think that Melisandre would know (and she'd be whipping up a cup (or a few gallons) of "Moon Tea"). As for the cuisine at Castle Black as Dolorous Edd says "we're not known for our food".  Think Army rations, bad, Medieval Army rations....

I think what she meant was, she can still, you know, 'feel Ramsay' because of how vile the acts must have been.

But that she's not pregnant.  

However, she has to be pregnant right?  I mean there there is no birth control in Westeroos outside of pulling out I assume..

1 hour ago, Ser Hyle said:

no way she could possibly side with Ramsay/Boltons because his seed quickened. Especially after that emotional speech to LF.

Who said anything about siding with Ramsay? She would be siding with her child, not the Boltons. Sansa's child would be as much a Stark as Jon or Sansa herself or the other Stark kids are.

1 hour ago, Ser Hyle said:

Plus, nobody wants to have to even think about the dilemma about Sansa raising or moontea-ing Ramsay's rape child.

It should be much too late for moon tea, though I admit I have no idea how long moon tea stays abortifacient. I always assumed it was a Plan B (for up to 72 hours after sex) or abortion pill (less than 8 weeks pregnant) kind of thing. Both of which don't apply to Sansa anymore, since it should've been more than 8 weeks since she escaped Winterfell. Then again, this is the show. 

She wouldn't be the first woman to love her child despite being conceived through rape.

6 hours ago, Ross2013 said:

That would have been a bold move by D&D, which is why I am sure that it won't happen.  I think last season was just lazy writing to give Sophie something to do, so they shoehorned Sansa into the Jeyne Poole storyline.  I doubt D&D thought about anything beyond that.

Unless Sansa gets pregnant in the coming books

27 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

I think what she meant was, she can still, you know, 'feel Ramsay' because of how vile the acts must have been.

But that she's not pregnant.  

However, she has to be pregnant right?  I mean there there is no birth control in Westeroos outside of pulling out I assume..

There is "moon tea", some sort of abortifacient/day after pill, but

A ) I doubt Castle Black has any stock of it

B ) I'm not sure it was ever mentioned in the show

26 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Who said anything about siding with Ramsay? She would be siding with her child, not the Boltons. Sansa's child would be as much a Stark as Jon or Sansa herself or the other Stark kids are.

It should be much too late for moon tea, though I admit I have no idea how long moon tea stays abortifacient. I always assumed it was a Plan B (for up to 72 hours after sex) or abortion pill (less than 8 weeks pregnant) kind of thing. Both of which don't apply to Sansa anymore, since it should've been more than 8 weeks since she escaped Winterfell. Then again, this is the show. 

She wouldn't be the first woman to love her child despite being conceived through rape.

The Internet will explode (again)

I think Sansa being pregnant would be a good plot development.

Notice there is already a little divide/mistrust between Sansa and Jon - Jon and Sansa could fight for Winterfel based on the baby Sansa is carrying.

It's not at all inconceivable that a mother will still love a child that is the product of rape.

50 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Sansa pregnant from Ramsay?  Good God I hope not!  Plus I really think that Melisandre would know (and she'd be whipping up a cup (or a few gallons) of "Moon Tea"). 

Why the fuck would a witch who happily births demons care about getting a Bolton child out of a Stark girls womb? What possible motivation would Mel have for even caring, when she barely believes in supporting Jon is The Prince the was Promised after her crisis of faith.

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

Why the fuck would a witch who happily births demons care about getting a Bolton child out of a Stark girls womb? What possible motivation would Mel have for even caring, when she barely believes in supporting Jon is The Prince the was Promised after her crisis of faith.

Because (and really, there is no need to use profanity here) Sansa is important to Jon and Jon is important to Melisandre.  Besides, if you would read what I said it was simply that Melisandre would no doubt know (she does have powers of observation) and would probably impart that knowledge to Jon at the very least.

1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

I agree. She's hurt, that's what she meant :dunno: 

This show isn't exactly characterized for being subtle. We would be certain that she is if that's the case. It is not.

I think if she was pregnant there would have been more to indicate it other than one piece of dialogue in the fifth episode. Prior to the season, people thought one of the promotional photos from episode 1 made her look like she was pregnant. But like most of the speculation on the pre release stuff, I thought it was nonsense. They wouldn't just reveal a twist like that in a promotional photo. There's never been an on screen hint of this until the conversation with LF which lends itself more to the interpretation that she still carries the trauma of Ramsay with her. 

As a plot development, while I think it would have some thematic consistency with the upcoming reveal that Jon was born into a similarly complicated situation, I think overall it just is one unfair development too far. All these people going to war to bring Ramsay down and his child would still be legally the heir to Winterfell after Sansa should Rickon die. Plus I think the political wing of the viewership would flip out more than ever if they made a major character have a rape baby. 

45 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Because (and really, there is no need to use profanity here) Sansa is important to Jon and Jon is important to Melisandre.  Besides, if you would read what I said it was simply that Melisandre would no doubt know (she does have powers of observation) and would probably impart that knowledge to Jon at the very least.

Book has profanity, show has profanity - forum should have it also :D

Perhaps she would impart that knowledge on Jon but I don't know why anyone would ever think that a character that can birth demons is at all humane. Mel's actions were about some kind of faith in some kind of demon deity, that is worshipped by burning the living. Her faith was destroyed and now it seems she is only accepting Jon is special with a kind of cynical yawn - I don't think she has ever, or will ever, care about human emotions and interaction (such as normal relevance of normal human on human pregnancy) unless she can somehow relate it to the demon deity she once served. 

Archived