Is Sansa Pregnant?

ununsullied

6 hours ago, ummester said:

Book has profanity, show has profanity - forum should have it also :D

Perhaps she would impart that knowledge on Jon but I don't know why anyone would ever think that a character that can birth demons is at all humane. Mel's actions were about some kind of faith in some kind of demon deity, that is worshipped by burning the living. Her faith was destroyed and now it seems she is only accepting Jon is special with a kind of cynical yawn - I don't think she has ever, or will ever, care about human emotions and interaction (such as normal relevance of normal human on human pregnancy) unless she can somehow relate it to the demon deity she once served. 

If Sansa is pregnant, which I don't think she is. Maybe Mel would want to burn the baby, the kid might have some potent blood.

9 minutes ago, throney said:

If Sansa is pregnant, which I don't think she is. Maybe Mel would want to burn the baby, the kid might have some potent blood.

Good point. Perhaps burn Sansa whilst with child, twice the burnt blood bang for buck, Mel could birth an army of shadow demons for that.

Actually, gave me a thought - what if Sansa is Jon's Nyssa Nyssa and Mel carries out the sacrifice?

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

Good point. Perhaps burn Sansa whilst with child, twice the burnt blood bang for buck, Mel could birth an army of shadow demons for that.

Yeah. That would score her some good brownie points with R'hllor. Perhaps pushing Jon up a few points as a candidate for the PtWP.  I can see it now Octo-thousand-Mel.

Yeah, no. I'm on board with the "not pregnant"-faction.

They would've been not that subtle. Besides, with Walda at the beginning of the season, we've already had a baby be born and just killed right afterwards and I don't think they want to risk another shitstorm. Remember Sansa's (& Theons') & Ramsays' Honeymoon? People care about Sansa alot!

I've just taken it for a hint for rape/something that starts with "A" and ends with "nal". Or that gruesome dogs-implication for the book readers.

Spoiler

Allegedly Ramsey survives this season.  I heard that from a source (an extra) on Reddit.  I half believe it, but if he does it makes sense Jon might spare him to avoid kinslaying.  Or some other ridiculous excuse to add to Ramsey's plot armor.

20 hours ago, ununsullied said:

In the first scene she says to Little finger that she can still feel what Ramsay did to her inside her every day!!??

ohhh I never connected the dots that way interesting theory 

15 hours ago, lidsa said:

Who said anything about siding with Ramsay? She would be siding with her child, not the Boltons. Sansa's child would be as much a Stark as Jon or Sansa herself or the other Stark kids are.

It should be much too late for moon tea, though I admit I have no idea how long moon tea stays abortifacient. I always assumed it was a Plan B (for up to 72 hours after sex) or abortion pill (less than 8 weeks pregnant) kind of thing. Both of which don't apply to Sansa anymore, since it should've been more than 8 weeks since she escaped Winterfell. Then again, this is the show. 

She wouldn't be the first woman to love her child despite being conceived through rape.

I was referring to the parallel you were drawing between the potential pregnancy with Ramsay and GRRM's initial outline where she "will choose her husband and child over her parents and siblings". And no, the child wouldn't be a Stark because she was married to a Bolton when it would have been conceived and born.

2 hours ago, YoungGriff89 said:
  Hide contents

Allegedly Ramsey survives this season.  I heard that from a source (an extra) on Reddit.  I half believe it, but if he does it makes sense Jon might spare him to avoid kinslaying.  Or some other ridiculous excuse to add to Ramsey's plot armor.

Spoiler

Another big spoiler on Reddit describes the Battle of the Bastards in detail and according to him Ramsay is most definitely slain by Jon.

If Sansa is pregnant, this could create some wonderful dynamics. Would LF try to convince Sansa to remain a Bolton and keep the baby and try to usurp Bran or Rickon and most definitely a Northern Lord backed Jon for control of Winterfell and the North. This would kind of tie back in to GRRM's original series outline where Sansa married Joffrey and had his child then turned her back on her family.  This ne scenario doesn't follow the original to a tee but it would be close. And maybe her being pregnant could change her in a lot of ways. A child would give her power and control over something. And give her something to protect.  And LF would definitely use this scenario to maximize dissension and he would get Sansa thinking that it's either going to be a) her and her child running the North or b. her half brother Jon. 

12 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

And no, the child wouldn't be a Stark because she was married to a Bolton when it would have been conceived and born.

Of course it would be Stark, just like Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, and Jon are. Just like Robb, Sansa, Bran, Arya, and Rickon are also Tullys. Just like Harry the Heir is also an Arryn. 

It would also be a Bolton, but it would just as much be a Stark. If Sansa didn't want the kid to be called Bolton, it wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

If Sansa is pregnant, this could create some wonderful dynamics. Would LF try to convince Sansa to remain a Bolton and keep the baby and try to usurp Bran or Rickon and most definitely a Northern Lord backed Jon for control of Winterfell and the North. This would kind of tie back in to GRRM's original series outline where Sansa married Joffrey and had his child then turned her back on her family.  This ne scenario doesn't follow the original to a tee but it would be close. And maybe her being pregnant could change her in a lot of ways. A child would give her power and control over something. And give her something to protect.  And LF would definitely use this scenario to maximize dissension and he would get Sansa thinking that it's either going to be a) her and her child running the North or b. her half brother Jon. 

One thing show Sansa won't do is forsake her family, much less for the family that has killed her father, brother and raped her.

She is not pregnant, Ramsay can't have kids. He would already have plenty if his seed was strong (most notably with the one he fed his dogs in the show.)

If she is, she might not know yet. Not all women experience morning sickness -- that's a cliche. Without a pregnancy test, and given that stress and poor diet could also cause her to miss periods, she might not know for months after conception. 

I don't think they'll go that direction, though. Talk about a cliche -- having to bear your rapist's baby is such a tired old plot device, I think everyone involved with this show has more imagination than that, and will take Sansa's character in a more surprising and original direction.

She has suffered enough - time for her to start kicking butt and becoming a player instead of a victim.

45 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Of course it would be Stark, just like Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, and Jon are. Just like Robb, Sansa, Bran, Arya, and Rickon are also Tullys. Just like Harry the Heir is also an Arryn. 

It would also be a Bolton, but it would just as much be a Stark. If Sansa didn't want the kid to be called Bolton, it wouldn't.

It wouldn't be as simple as Sansa declaring the child a Stark, especially if Ramsay is alive. But if you think so, that's cool.

I think she just meant that, physically, what he did to her has left its mark, so to speak. Maybe he was very rough with her, forced her to have anal sex (etc.), and she still is dealing with the physical damage caused. But she is holding out info of some sort for some reason, or she would not have lied to Jon when he asked her how she knew about the Blackfish. On a side note, maybe LF lied about the Blackfish knowing that Sansa would rush to get there, or at least send someone in her stead (Brienne).

17 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

I think what she meant was, she can still, you know, 'feel Ramsay' because of how vile the acts must have been.

But that she's not pregnant.  

This.  Ramsey viciously raped her numerous times.  He may well have also used foreign objects to assist, as well as incorporated his dogs into the play.  The show (thankfully) does not go into as much detail as to books did with Jeyne.  Of course she can still feel it - the body has physical memories as well as mental ones, that is not usual in the slightest with rape victims.  

I absolutely do not think Sansa is pregnant.  Given what Ramsey did to her, she may not even be capable of conceiving anymore.  I also doubt that Ramsey is capable of having children. 

7 hours ago, The Imp slap said:

One thing show Sansa won't do is forsake her family, much less for the family that has killed her father, brother and raped her.

She is not pregnant, Ramsay can't have kids. He would already have plenty if his seed was strong (most notably with the one he fed his dogs in the show.)

This is pretty silly. Moon tea is a thing, ya know

5 hours ago, Travis said:

I think she just meant that, physically, what he did to her has left its mark, so to speak. Maybe he was very rough with her, forced her to have anal sex (etc.), and she still is dealing with the physical damage caused. But she is holding out info of some sort for some reason, or she would not have lied to Jon when he asked her how she knew about the Blackfish. On a side note, maybe LF lied about the Blackfish knowing that Sansa would rush to get there, or at least send someone in her stead (Brienne).

well, yes, that is what I thought immediately - that she could feel all those assaults emotionally and physically, but then wondered whether the show was hinting at a double meaning. 

5 hours ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

This.  Ramsey viciously raped her numerous times.  He may well have also used foreign objects to assist, as well as incorporated his dogs into the play.  The show (thankfully) does not go into as much detail as to books did with Jeyne.  Of course she can still feel it - the body has physical memories as well as mental ones, that is not usual in the slightest with rape victims.  

I absolutely do not think Sansa is pregnant.  Given what Ramsey did to her, she may not even be capable of conceiving anymore.  I also doubt that Ramsey is capable of having children. 

That was my initial thought, but also, Sansa isn't Jeyne Poole. It would be in Ramsay's interest to have an heir, and not to mutilate her sexually, so I was wondering whether the show was throwing out some ambiguous dialogue

Archived