BwB London Meetup - Weds 28th December 2016

Toft

I'd say the Penderel's Oak is fine, but I always do. If we agree it will be in the centre then that would be our default location, but I am happy to book somewhere else for a change if we have a good number of attendees.

On 18/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, Werthead said:

I sincerely doubt I'll have money to get sufficiently drunk to reach this stage :)

Ah but the karaoke (and cheap it is, too) is 'bring your own booze'...

Anyway, that would be afterwards, so post if you're coming to the main gathering and I'll sort out a venue this week!

For a venue, I suggest:

The Phoenix

https://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

or:

The Royal George

https://www.theroyalgeorgewc2.co.uk/

Both have good beer and good spaces we can use. Any preferences? I'll book one or the other by the end of the week.

I can come in a bit earlier than that, dependingon who's about?

I still haven't worked out how I'm going to get there though. Replacement buses are looking awful, regular buses are slow and going via Stansted is obscenely expensive. Will pin that down in a day or two.

I land in London at 12:40 if there are no delays on the road, so I'll be about. I can't check in until 3pm, annoyingly enough. Thought it was 2, but nope, it's 3, so at some point I will have to pop back to the hotel, chck in and dump my bag and then come back, but can certainly be around earlier if other's will be.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I couldn't find confirmation if it's on this week, but Wednesday nights at the Royal George are apparently Ukulele Night!

Well then depending on whether it's great or terrible, we can join in or escape it :-p I suspect this would be going on in the basement. For now, we're upstairs. I am unsure what time I'll arrive but there's no reason it can't be earlier than 3pm.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

So, got about an hours sleep last night and woke up with the cold from hell. I think I'll be sitting this one out :(

So very pissed off, really wanted to see the crew again!

Come along anyway!

I'll get there a little past 3pm if I hurry.

Archived