(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

Something I just picked up. If you rewatch Bran's visions he hears "burn them all" three times. First is when we see a close up on the King saying it, second with a major explosion taking place in what appears to be underground (which never took place? Perhaps future?) and the third is very very faint (turn your volume way up) during Bran's revision of seeing the Night King.

I am starting to truly gravitate toward the theory of the Mad King's "burn them all" having to do with The Others and him being affected as Willis was. It just seems like such a convenient way to insert that quote given what we saw last week. I am probably wrong but it just feels right to me at moment since he was, by all accounts, a rational and non mad King before devolving into that mess that he was. I mean one would think his madness would have been spotted far sooner before he went full bananas mode. 

50 minutes ago, med1 said:

If the High Sparrow really wants to stir shit up he will just have Loras be the champion against the Mountain by telling Loras if he wins he can go free and clear of "sin". That would certainly cause some issues between the Tyrells and Lannisters considering Loras will have his head ripped off by a Lannister "champion". 

I swear if this happens I will be onboard the High Sparrow equates to HR theory. 

If Loras has anywhere near the martial ability of the real Loras it's entirely possible he will chop The mountains new head off, Book Loras is no mans lackey and is possibly the most capable knight in the entire world, I'd love to see him destroy franken Gregor!!

49 minutes ago, -Winterfellian- said:

Like you, I used to think Cogman was the best writer of the show (not that the standards are very high). However, after last season I just lost any respect for his writing abilities.

In answer to your question, I understand he was the one behind the idea of replacing Jeyne Poole for Sansa Stark. Leaving aside the dismal writing behind the Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken eppisode, the idea that you can just replace the characters like that shows very little understanding of the thematic elements in the source material. 

I understand he is also the one responsible for the Dorne plotline. Enough said.

Where did you hear that he was behind those things?  That would be depressing.  I thought he was one of the good writers.  

17 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

If Loras has anywhere near the martial ability of the real Loras it's entirely possible he will chop The mountains new head off, Book Loras is no mans lackey and is possibly the most capable knight in the entire world, I'd love to see him destroy franken Gregor!!

Yeah book Loras would certainly have a good chance. Although that is if undead Mountain can even be killed by normal means. Outside of having said head removed I doubt he's going down outside of magic or Qyburn. 

11 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Lady Crane tried to tell us the truth:

'The writing is no good'

She is trying to get the truth out, and for that she is trying to survive fans of the show, her fellow actors and faceless assassins contracted by rivals, who would dream that the entertainment industyr is so cutthroat, oh well !

But it's nice they spared us all the exciting things going on with the Blackfish. noone was really interested in what had become of him, and telling is always better than showing... Might have lost the time for another rousing Dany speech, or another philosophical HS speech, or Ramsay scenes...

4 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

But it's nice they spared us all the exciting things going on with the Blackfish. noone was really interested in what had become of him, and telling is always better than showing... Might have lost the time for another rousing Dany speech, or another philosophical HS speech, or Ramsay scenes...

Yes, margearys 180 would be interesting to see what caused it! I suspect it's to save Loras somehow because last we saw Margearry seemed defiant and trying to hold Loras together. Jaime is by far the worst Lord Commander of the Kingsguard ever to draw breath, Tommens loyalty was usurped right under his nose, Jaime somehow had no fucking inkling where the King was precisely at the time Jaime was coordinating a violent  resistance against the High Sparrow and also seems completely unable to keep track of the Kings Guard as well, where in seven hells are they? Does Jaime know about Trant? Jaime???? WtF is wrong with him, how is he the only person in Kings Landing not to be aware of why Cersei was forced to do the Walk of Atonement!!! He has no idea about Lancels intercourse with Cersei and possibly still does not recognise that it's Lancel (cousin) in the Faith Militant!

6 hours ago, dooog said:

Another awful episode

The most amusing thing for me was the Tommen! reveal.  Like... the LC of the Kingsguard has no idea where the King is?... or where the other KGs are... yet he still complains about getting sacked haha. Should I also mention 3 kings have already died on his watch.

THIS!!!!!!   We are somehow to believe, that Jaime, Lord Commander of the freaking Kingsguard, wasn't aware that Tommen was with the High Sparrow at the exact moment he was planning on leading an outside army in a siege against the High Sparrow......

Also... all the Kingsguard had armor outfitted with the 7 point star already.... while Jaime's still had a crown.... Apparently he somehow missed the memo on that too.

Also I find it pretty dubious, that Joffrey, despite being the devlish little bastard that he was, was so easily controlled by Cersei, and yet Tommen, who is the definition of a little spineless wimp........ Could produce any sort of backbone to stand against Jaime, or that he would trust the High Sparrow.

3 hours ago, draft0 said:

Some people read books, some people read Sparknotes.

No judgement--but that is the distinction we are talking about here.

The books are not perfect. But they respect the reader's intelligence and are not filled with bullshit.

You can't take shortcuts and expect the same result. That is the biggest problem with the show: D&D want to take a different path from the books but somehow still end up in the same place. Doesn't work in life, doesn't work here. Look at what they did to Jaime.

Popcorn or steak? Your choice.

I'm pretty sure Neds Secret goes for the steak, since he's a certified gangsta-ranta. He was just being somewhat understanding to someone else worrying whether GRRM can finish the meal off with a stellar dessert, after the copious main course in which went so much detail.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I'm pretty sure Neds Secret goes for the steak, since he's a certified gangsta-ranta. He was just being somewhat understanding to someone else worrying whether GRRM can finish the meal off with a stellar dessert, after the copious main course in which went so much detail.

:cheers::commie:

I was really happy to see Benjen and find out what happened to him, BUT where the f&*k has he been until now???  Why didn't the Three Eyed Crow summon him earlier?  As soon as Bran and company had made it north of the wall would have been good timing.

As for the Tarly scenes, honestly, what was Sam expecting?  He knew what a c&*t his father was so why did he think Gilly and little Sam would be well looked after there?  It was reminiscent of most of the Dorne scenes, i.e. a waste of time.

And a couple of little peeves.  Horn Hill was MASSIVE.  They really went overboard in making it a grand castle considering the Tarly family are a lesser house.  Then there's the matter of Sam's accent.  He's the "scholar of the family" but he sounds as if he's Flea Bottom born and bred while all his family sound posh.  It never made sense to me that a southerner like Sam spoke with that accent but it really grated on me in the scenes with his family.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

THIS!!!!!!   We are somehow to believe, that Jaime, Lord Commander of the freaking Kingsguard, wasn't aware that Tommen was with the High Sparrow at the exact moment he was planning on leading an outside army in a siege against the High Sparrow......

Also... all the Kingsguard had armor outfitted with the 7 point star already.... while Jaime's still had a crown.... Apparently he somehow missed the memo on that too.

Also I find it pretty dubious, that Joffrey, despite being the devlish little bastard that he was, was so easily controlled by Cersei, and yet Tommen, who is the definition of a little spineless wimp........ Could produce any sort of backbone to stand against Jaime, or that he would trust the High Sparrow.

Actually, Joffrey wasn't easily controlled by Cersei after Robert died.  If he had been controlled by Cersei, Ned would have been spared to go to the Wall.  Joffrey just spun further and further out of control; and; had he lived, would have only grown more vicious and dangerous.  

1 hour ago, MotherofStrife said:

Ugh no Dany no, not Euron and his 1000 fucking ships please. 

So, it's canon then? Coldhands is Benjen?

No. GRRM has stated that Coldhands isn't Benjen. I can't recall the link, but I'm sure you can search it on the board.

Dany's speech was tiresome.

Jaime comes off like an idiot and is apparently not going to abandon Cersei. Brienne will probably kill him.

How the fuck does Sam think that running away with Gilly and stealing his family's valyrian sword would be a good idea? Heartsbane looks pretty badass though.

Other than that I actually liked it.

Just did a rewatch.

Dany is doing my head in. Same old recycled bullshit speech. I AM NO KHAL GIRLFRIENDS! I DONT NEED NO MAN! Yeah, we get it. You havent got a cock. Go join Varys for some flat parts jokes and get it over with.

Her speech is very flat and just simply isnt exciting.

"Who has 1000 ships?"

"Noone"

....YET

If Euron magically gets his 1000 ships by Ep10 I am legit fucking done with this show.

Arya's caught CAROL FEVER - she's now realising that Cersei is such a good mother, loves her children so much, and that her losing Joffrey was such a tragedy, that she won't even kill the actor portraying Cersei. Bet she removes Cersei from her list.

Wow looks like I missed another shitshow glad i went to bed over staying up.

Whats this about Jaime being disgraced from the KG???? For fucks sake can the Ds be anymore obvious for their love of Cersei and hatred of Jaime urghhhhh Guess this is the season of fuck Jaime 10x worse since Stannis is dead. 

Lmao of course Daenerys gives another smug speech and with Drogon of course you can spend money on her dragons but kill all the lovely wolves -___-

Archived