(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Benjen had fireballs coming out of his eyes, fireballs coming out of his ears, fireballs coming out of his wherever.  I mean seriously, where the fuck was that fire coming from?  Did he have a zippo with him?

Dany's many moments of being the white woman asking the groups of brown people to serve her will never be comfortable to look at on screen.  It's even worse when it becomes clear that she's going to take her army and her dragon(s) and leave all of her freed slaves at the mercy of whomever.  Because Westeros and chill, or something.  

I sort of regret agreeing to watch this with my SO this season.  

Dany needs a Kizzy to spit in her tea.

5 hours ago, MotherofStrife said:

Ugh no Dany no, not Euron and his 1000 fucking ships please. 

So, it's canon then? Coldhands is Benjen?

the only canon for me coming from the show is when DanDy say GRRM told them something happens and then only that the specific thing happens NOT how.  that is why DanDy should STFU

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Cogman said he thought it would be hugely dramatically satisfying to swap Sansa for Jeyne.

Yes, he said that and he has defended the decision, so he share a portion of the blame, but that is too big a decision to have been made by him, it was a season long arc, not just something that suddenly happened in his episode. Sansa agreed to to go through with it in episode 3. D&D are the ones in charge and they get the majority of the blame.

28 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Ramsay is evil?

Ramsey?  Who is this Ramsey you speak of?  He must be some tertiary character who only serves a small purpose in the story, surely!

Cogman has had a lot of bad ideas, the Sansa storyline is just one of many. He's not a good writer. Benioff and Weiss write marginally better dialogue, but they aren't very good, either.

And they all have the same problems with the basics of screenwriting. They should have hired experienced screenwriters, at a minimum. They needed help, good help, and they didn't seek it.

31 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Maybe she's up to something. Maybe she's not. Maybe... they aren't telling the story very well. Maybe they aren't telling a story at all.

Inside the writing room for Game of Thrones:

"Do you have a 'High Sparrow Political Maneuver'?"

"Yeah, here you go, do you have any "Ramseys?"

"Go Fish"

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Cogman has had a lot of bad ideas, the Sansa storyline is just one of many. He's not a good writer. Benioff and Weiss write marginally better dialogue, but they aren't very good, either.

Cogman knows very well the books, yes but as a writer he can't even write a story for children, I cringe so hard about the dialogues every time I watch an episode wrote by him

If we believe the story still has any depth, then Margery is doing her best to fool the faith.  

Which of course means she has been totally brainwashed.  I doubt a faking Margery would hand over both the King and the entire kingdom to the HS.  However that was actually done...is the High Sparrow the King's Hand now?  Did 4 Kingsguard just suddenly decide to become fanatics? If you are going to do that, why not highlight it with Lancel being a kingsguard now.  Heck, make Lancel the new Lord Commander, and maybe begin to build some kind of wedge between him and Jaime, since banging his sister didn't do it.

I hold that the best line in the entire episode was Mace saying "What just happened?"  A fair question, because what just happened makes no sense, yet its used both to highlight Mace's idiocy...and the audience probably wondering just as much as he is what just happened.

By far the worst was Olenna's response "He's beaten us"; because it tells the audience what to think and what happened and not to think about it. Translation: "We were brilliantly outmaneuvered"  i.e. "Don't look at all the handwaving". Kudos to Diana Rigg, who delivered the line with the utmost contempt for how contemptuous it was.

29 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Cogman's other plot holes :

• When did Arya become the Waif's personal vendetta?
  • When did Jaqen promise the Waif that she can kill Arya?
  • King Robert can't afford the FM (to kill Danny) but a circus actress can?

What is the reason why Ben was send on his ranging? I do not think they really believed in the WW then? I thought it was to find the wildlings, the reason of their disappearance but not the White Walkers themselves?

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

He pushed for the Dorne thing last year and it was his idea to have Jaime go there. Enough said!

Yeah since the others have explained that to me, obviously, I didn't know that although I still think D&D are worse writers, because Cogman had one or two decent episodes in earlier seasons, D&D had none.

Why is it tat even when stuff happens it feels like it's all just filler? Is it just because it's been drawn out fod too long? Is it the long-term lack of investment in characters and their development that is reading it's ugly head? I was more excited about Benjen's reappearance at the end of S5 when it looked like he was going g to show up a D it was all a trick than at this moment. It felt so contrived. Also, where the hell have you been Benjen? Trust a Stark to screw up while his family is being killed left and right, amirite? And Bran doesn't show eve a hint of surprise?

The same goes For the whole KL plot. If this happens in episode one or two, maybe I would have cared. But instead of this being a  glorious resolution and exciting new plot development it had a predominant element of UGH FINALLY! Something happened. I'm also very confused as I have no idea what Marg is going for here and after one too many HS monologues and character face-heel turns I'm not even intrigued - just hoping they'll get it over with soon.

Arya leaving the FM should be a highlight as well, but again it just comes across as tonally deaf. I have no idea what her reasons for leaving are. Nothing really happens that would explain a rearranging of her priorities so radically. Again, I should be excited. I want to be excited. But it's just so meh.

Dany's speech is a microcosm of all this - it looks great on screen. The acting is there. But it's just so pointless - these people already follow her. Instead of a big moment this becomes a mid-afternoon slump pep-talk. 

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

What is the reason why Ben was send on his ranging? I do not think they really believed in the WW then? I thought it was to find the wildlings, the reason of their disappearance but not the White Walkers themselves?

As far as I recall he went with some men to look for Waymar Royce and company? Aren't WW still a myth in the 1st book?

12 minutes ago, Chett said:

As far as I recall he went with some men to look for Waymar Royce and company? Aren't WW still a myth in the 1st book?

Yeah, but Ben said here did to find the WW ... so another retcon found. 

21 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Why is it tat even when stuff happens it feels like it's all just filler? Is it just because it's been drawn out fod too long? Is it the long-term lack of investment in characters and their development that is reading it's ugly head? I was more excited about Benjen's reappearance at the end of S5 when it looked like he was going g to show up a D it was all a trick than at this moment. It felt so contrived. Also, where the hell have you been Benjen? Trust a Stark to screw up while his family is being killed left and right, amirite? And Bran doesn't show eve a hint of surprise?

Bran doesnt show anything. In the show he did not know about the RW. Did he just not saw the death of his mother and brother? No reaction. Also not a real reaction about Summer and Hodor. Maybe he is just shock and will show some emotions? Probably not, now he is a Raven. 

6 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Bran doesnt show anything. In the show he did not know about the RW. Did he just not saw the death of his mother and brother? No reaction. Also not a real reaction about Summer and Hodor. Maybe he is just shock and will show some emotions? Probably not, now he is a Raven. 

Well spotted! I've  o pletelyforgotten that Bran wouldn't know about the RW. Unless he saw it previously? In the books at least he seems to see Theon in WF.

And wasn't it established last week that Kevan would not do anything with the Tyrells assaulting the HS?  So why wasn't HE keeping an eye on Tommen, that was his job, right? To keep the throne from reacting to the Tyrell's move, right?

So it appears that Kevan, Tommen and the HS are working for Margery?  Ummm aarrghh head hurts

The one thing all bad writers do is that when they want one character to appear as brilliant, but they don't know how to do it, is to make everyone else stupid. And you see it constantly on this show now. Everyone in KL is acting like a moron just so that the HS can pull off a shocking "win". LF and Sansa has to be idiots so Ramsay can have his shocking rape. 

Archived