(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

10 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Please someone give an answer to this : Danny have the population of meereen, 8000 unsullied , thousands of dothraki and yet she can't build 1000 ships to sail to westeros and she's waiting for somenone with those ships to come, what logic is that? my head will explode :bang:

lol yes,  when she started doing that basic arithmetic I was like 'hmmmm ok, please tell me she's going to steer her khalasaar to the nearest wooded area of westeros and do some clear cutting, or otherwise go and conquer some city with lots of ships.    But nope, she's just making a mental note for no reason.  Because she's dany and it will resolve itself.

Edit: Bah, meant nearest wooded area of Essos*

2 minutes ago, ebourget said:

lol yes,  when she started doing that basic arithmetic I was like 'hmmmm ok, please tell me she's going to steer her khalasaar to the nearest wooded area of westeros and do some clear cutting, or otherwise go and conquer some city with lots of ships.    But nope, she's just making a mental note for no reason.  Because she's dany and it will resolve itself.

When you think about it you find that the ironborns are more intelligent than Danny :D her journey with the dothraki made her so dumb

5 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Please someone give an answer to this : Danny have the population of meereen, 8000 unsullied , thousands of dothraki and yet she can't build 1000 ships to sail to westeros and she's waiting for somenone with those ships to come, what logic is that? my head will explode :bang:

Dany has three dragons, 8000 Unsullied, the Second Sons, tens of thousands of Dothraki (assuming they've all decided to follow her), will soon have the Ironborn and their 1000 ship fleet, is immune to fire, has Saint Tyrion and his flawless tactician skills etc. - how is this a fair fight? At this rate she'll roll into Westeros, conquer the Seven Kingdoms and then save the realm from the Others no problem whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Dany has three dragons, 8000 Unsullied, the Second Sons, tens of thousands of Dothraki (assuming they've all decided to follow her), will soon have the Ironborn and their 1000 ship fleet, is immune to fire, has Saint Tyrion and his flawless tactician skills etc. - how is this a fair fight? At this rate she'll roll into Westeros, conquer the Seven Kingdoms and then save the realm from the Others no problem whatsoever.

Westeros has Ramsey

Game

Set

Match

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

There isn't actually anything resembling a story in KL, just people doing random stuff so it appears that things are "happening". But nothing that happens matters because we know the logical consequences of those events won't happen. So it's just random events. It's as if someone took all the random quotes from a bunch of fortune cookies and put it together and pretends it actually a story with a narrative.

Really nothing has happened in Kings Landing yet. This was the first episode with even a hint of anything happening. The same is true of Arya's story. She's just been getting beaten up for 5 straight episodes. Each episode is just a promise of what is going to happen next episode, but it keeps getting pushed off and off and off. 

16 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Why she asked who has 1000 ships, can't she just order her city to build those ships?? it just don't make any sense at all

I really suspect the GRRM gave them the important plot points for the story but that's it, and they have no idea how to set up a narrative to hit those points, so they just have everybody spin in their wheels until one of the plot points needs to be ticked off, and they leap there, so it's just a bunch of twiddling of thumbs and sudden unexplained and unmotivated action.

3 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

Aww poor Bran. He's such a cinnamon roll.  He must know about it on some level, even if he doesn't know the circumstances - him and Rickon dreamed of Ned's death, and that was before he really started exploring his powers. And Ghost/Jon seem to have a pretty good sense of the other wolves so Bran should as well. 

He probably does. But I think this is a trait he shares with several people of his family. Those poor Starks. 

(So it might in character he doesnt start to talk about it on show :dunno:)

28 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

And it is not like there is textual evidence in the books that falsifies this theory (paraphrasing "They killed him long time ago". 

Hated the utterly unnecessary Dany/Dragon speechifying. From a strictly jealous standpoint, -what, are the dragons better than the direwolves?  Because they are NOT.  Jon can come BACK TO LIFE without Ghost, but Dany gets to make boring speech number 73 and she gets a dragon.  Gimme a break.  

And talk about preaching to the choir.  What on earth was the point?  AACCKK.

8 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Hated the utterly unnecessary Dany/Dragon speechifying. From a strictly jealous standpoint, -what, are the dragons better than the direwolves?  Because they are NOT.  Jon can come BACK TO LIFE without Ghost, but Dany gets to make boring speech number 73 and she gets a dragon.  Gimme a break.  

And talk about preaching to the choir.  What on earth was the point?  AACCKK.

Because a quality show would have had that scene in episode 1 or 2 of this season. 

Dany facing down a dothraki horde sitting atop a dragon, speechifying FOLLOW ME OR BURNZ

Dany bad ass

Drogon bad ass

Dothraki bad ass

It would have been dramatic, it would have been interesting, it would have moved the story along, it would have been logical.

Instead we got 5 episodes of rape threats

53 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

and they have no idea how to set up a narrative to hit those points, 

I think that a big part of their problem is that they've changed so much context and characterization surrounding those plot points (often completely unnecessarily) that they CAN'T hit those points with any sort of logic. 

An example of this is the after effects of Cersei's walk of shame. The walk is one of the big plot points that they were required to add (and that I'm sure they wanted to add - more nudity!), but they've since completely forgotten about. Why? Because in the books the walk is added as a means to drive Cersei to be even more vindictive and crazy. That's a problem in the show because her show characterization is set up to not be overly prideful, vindictive, or crazy. Instead, her characterization has been set up from the beginning to basically be tiger mom of the year and not really much else. 

Initially, adding things like Cersei having a black haired child that was still birth would seem to be a small thing that sets to humanize her and make her more 3 dimensional, but in the long run, those small changes add up to the point her whole plot line doesn't really flow or make sense anymore. 

And Cersei's plot line isn't even the most egregious example of that problem. 

8 minutes ago, aquintus said:

I think that a big part of their problem is that they've changed so much context and characterization surrounding those plot points (often completely unnecessarily) that they CAN'T hit those points with any sort of logic. 

An example of this is the after effects of Cersei's walk of shame. The walk is one of the big plot points that they were required to add (and that I'm sure they wanted to add - more nudity!), but they've since completely forgotten about. Why? Because in the books the walk is added as a means to drive Cersei to be even more vindictive and crazy. That's a problem in the show because her show characterization is set up to not be overly prideful, vindictive, or crazy. Instead, her characterization has been set up from the beginning to basically be tiger mom of the year and not really much else. 

Initially, adding things like Cersei having a black haired child that was still birth would seem to be a small thing that sets to humanize her and make her more 3 dimensional, but in the long run, those small changes add up to the point her whole plot line doesn't really flow or make sense anymore. 

And Cersei's plot line isn't even the most egregious example of that problem. 

Which is why they aren't even bothering any more. They don't even try to set up events, they have people running in circles, and then they do what the plot requires them to do out of the blue. 

I just loved that the end scene was straight outta Skyrim. 

Dragon flies in circles in distance.

Dragon roars quietly.

Dragon roars loudly.

Shadow appears on ground nearby.

Dragon appears!

I was just waiting for the "Dovahkiin" music to start and for Lydia to appear and start yelling "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" Unfortunately I was disappointed with Dany sitting on Alduin's back and some Jurassic Park-type backing theme.

8 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

Dany's speech at the end felt to me like Cogman was pandering to feminists after last year's Sansa-rape-shit-storm.

Yes because it seems the majority of male writers write female characters that are either completely dumb and gets fucked (literally and figuratively) or badass motherfuckers. A female who is not one dimensional? what's that? The truth is that in this show even male characters are one dimensional now.

Archived