(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

We must give Bryan Cogman a prize for his genius writing :

• S05E06 : the shittiest episode in the show
  • S06E06 : the shittiest motivational speech in the show by Danny

or maybe they must don't let him write any sixth episode from now on?

It's a good motivational speech from Dany...........if her aim is to kill everything that moves, and burn everything that doesn't, when she reaches Westeros.

Just now, SeanF said:

It's a good motivational speech from Dany...........if her aim is to kill everything that moves, and burn everything that doesn't, when she reaches Westeros.

Danny is good but she's getting a GOD complex, and I think that the only thing that matters in her life is her right to the throne

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Danny is good but she's getting a GOD complex, and I think that the only thing that matters in her life is her right to the throne

IMHO, the Show intends to portray her as becoming Aerys III - with dragons.  I think it was deliberate that they included a vision of her father shouting "burn them all!"

Just now, SeanF said:

IMHO, the Show intends to portray her as becoming Aerys III - with dragons.  I think it was deliberate that they included a vision of her father shouting "burn them all!"

I will not lie, it's sure that book readers understand very well the personality of Danny, I didn't read the books, I'm a show viewer and I never understood who is exactly daenerys, maybe it's me or the bad writing, I don't know, sometimes I see her as a good person and sometimes as a bad person, she confuses me

I read the books, and think I understand Dany, but I can't pretend show Dany is book Dany. And if I try to understand show Dany, she's just cardboard. All the characters on the show are cardboard. It's difficult to even pretend they are human.

6 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I will not lie, it's sure that book readers understand very well the personality of Danny, I didn't read the books, I'm a show viewer and I never understood who is exactly daenerys, maybe it's me or the bad writing, I don't know, sometimes I see her as a good person and sometimes as a bad person, she confuses me

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

I read the books, and think I understand Dany, but I can't pretend show Dany is book Dany. And if I try to understand show Dany, she's just cardboard. All the characters on the show are cardboard. It's difficult to even pretend they are human.

The Show turns up her brutality and cruelty, compared to the books, while turning down her compassion and self-doubt.

I think that the writers (I include George in this one) don't wnat us to know if she's doing all this for the good of the people or her own good.  Since we don't get her thoughts in the show, it's easier to blur the lines by having her give a Hitler-style motivation speech for no obvious reason, making her seem totally psycho.  I believe that this will be her story: will she be able to defeat her inhereted disease with the help of St. Tyrion or not?  It will be similar in the books, but we'll be able to recognize the gradual shifts in her mental stability.  Her greatest battle will be with herself.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Thank you for the answer, for me, Sansa is the only one I see her as human in the show, the other are so whitewashed they became saints and Ramsay became a generic psycopath

Just now, CBeck113 said:

I think that the writers (I include George in this one) don't wnat us to know if she's doing all this for the good of the people or her own good.  Since we don't get her thoughts in the show, it's easier to blur the lines by having her give a Hitler-style motivation speech for no obvious reason, making her seem totally psycho.  I believe that this will be her story: will she be able to defeat her inhereted disease with the help of St. Tyrion or not?  It will be similar in the books, but we'll be able to recognize the gradual shifts in her mental stability.  Her greatest battle will be with herself.

so it is just a narrative trick to confuses us about her in the show?

16 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Indeed, Jon lost his story, he's just standing around gaping while Fansa drives the action with her revenge obsession. Fansa's story is all about rape. Jon's story is all about propping her up. She's not even the right sister, they had to swap in Olly because no way would his last thought be about Sansa instead of Arya.

So no exploration of Jon's amazing resurrection, and what that means to him. Hell, his parentage, which is pretty amazing, is slowly being revealed, but for some reason, his sister, who he had absolutely nothing to do with, who reminds him of his stepmother, is now front and center, bossing him around.

Jon lost his story a long time ago. I understand that Sansa would want to avenge her family, but why, why, does Jon have to be persuaded to do it?

This show version of Jon Snow has the personality of a fish. He's unable to make any decisions for himself, people have to either make the decisions in his place or force them onto him. Even Ghost prefers the company of Sam over that of Jon. Lol.

Why does she have to lie to Jon to do it? Because they aren't presenting it as avenging her family. They are putting her obsession with rape revenge front and center.

They are making this into something personal between Fansa and Super Ramsay, who never organically had a damn thing to do with each other, they forced this to happen out of nowhere.

And that leads to the absurdity of why she was even in that position in the first place. If Fansa wanted to avenge her family, maybe she shouldn't have married a Bolton.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Why does she have to lie to Jon to do it? Because they aren't presenting it as avenging her family. They are putting her obsession with rape revenge front and center.

They are making this into something personal between Fansa and Super Ramsay, who never organically had a damn thing to do with each other, they forced this to happen out of nowhere.

And that leads to the absurdity of why she was even in that position in the first place. If Fansa wanted to avenge her family, maybe she shouldn't have married a Bolton.

D&D can't see to far in the future of the stories like GRRM, they wanted that Sansa appears in Season 5 at any cost, but they mixed this appearance with too much shock value and controversy

Well, despite all the nonsense of the Olly plot, I was still semi-interested in Jon's story, but they killed that, too. He came back to life, but he's just standing around gaping while Fansa looks constipated and bosses him around. They killed both of their stories, for no reason.

33 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

so it is just a narrative trick to confuses us about her in the show?

Yep - if she was as confused in the show as she shows in the books then they'd have needed a much better actress for the part, and book Dani is only 15 at this point, so the doubt can be contributed to her lack of experience.  The audience is only really getting her "game face".

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Well, despite all the nonsense of the Olly plot, I was still semi-interested in Jon's story, but they killed that, too. He came back to life, but he's just standing around gaping while Fansa looks constipated and bosses him around. They killed both of their stories, for no reason.

They killed many stories, I never thought that one day I will get bored by Arya storyline in braavos, but opinions differs, I have a different opinion about Jon/Sansa in the show and sure it's very controversial :D

St

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Not gonna happen. GRRM ruled it out at Balticon, he was laughing at the notion of Starkcest. The show is presenting them as brother and sister, that's all. And not close, she's lying to him.

Keep your eye on someone returning in the next episode, though...

Stoneheart?

Also I think brans vision served to show either past events or hint at future ones..

I think it's less TER corrupted Aerys more showing Jamie's heroic action to start his turn.

Same with showing the red wedding; assuming Stone heart appears. Which also seems likely due to random Frey scene

Archived