(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The dialogue was so bad, very commonplace. No subtlety, no depth, no meaning.

Just lots of telling instead of showing. This is what we are doing now. And now...

Soap opera. Even the music is melodramatic. Happy. Sad. Confused (don't have to act that).

It's all just so... nothing.

Bryan Cogman strikes again

Probably the best episode yet this season, but that's not saying much. So I guess show only watchers will never learn now how the three eyed raven got where he was, and who he was exactly. He was just an old man in a tree, and now Bran has taken his place. All right, I wouldn't have any questions about that  if I didn't read the books. Yeah, screw D&D. And Coldhands is Benjen, because of course he is. It doesn't matter that it's more or less common knowledge at this point that he is not, and that GRRM probably has a plan for both characters. But to hell with the books, it's not like this show is the strongest when it's following at least the plot of the books. Oh wait, yes it is.

And then we get Walder out of the blue, who show only watchers has most certainly forgotten about and there is no way in hell that they remember who the Blackfish or Edmure are. No freaking way. KL stuff was boring, I hate the freaking Tyrells, I hate Larry and Carol, I hate Tommen, I hate the sparrows, they should just all die. Boring, boring boring.

Sam's family of course has no problem with him fathering a child, why would they? Oaths mean literally nothing in Westeros now. His dad is angry that Gilly is a wildling, but not that Sam is an oathbreaker. More than that, he is even willling to raise the bastard. But Sam is not having any of that, no, screw his orders and responsibilities, he's just gonna become a thief. Someone said that he won't make it to Oldtown in the show and I agree. He's just gonna go back to North to fight the white walkers or some shit like that.

No St. Tyrion this episode, surprisingly, but we get yet another Dany speech. But wait, this time it's with Drogon! Yeah, that would have made a little more sense, if we got this scene the first time. I mean I could maybe swallow that the dothraki would follow someone with a goddamn dragon, because, they are legendary fire breathing creatures of destruction. It would have kinda helped the believability if one lousy fireproof girl hadn't been enough to convince them. 

Arya, Arya, Arya. It's a shame, really, because I liked this storyline. But like every other storyline, it's resolution was so anti-climatic it didn't even leave an impression. In one episode, she is no one, now she is Arya again, but why? Because she liked the actress who she was supposed to assasinate? That's it? Why does she even care? I thought she was becoming even as Arya, sort of emotionless. You'd think the faceless training would have made her even more sociopathic, so to speak. I mean I genuinely thought that was the direction they were gonna go with her. And now what? She is just gonna return to Wetseros? If she does, then this was another pointless storyline, what a surprise. Ugh...

12 minutes ago, The Boastful Knight said:

Probably the best episode yet this season, but that's not saying much. So I guess show only watchers will never learn now how the three eyed raven got where he was, and who he was exactly. He was just an old man in a tree, and now Bran has taken his place. All right, I wouldn't have any questions about that  if I didn't read the books. Yeah, screw D&D. And Coldhands is Benjen, because of course he is. It doesn't matter that it's more or less common knowledge at this point that he is not, and that GRRM probably has a plan for both characters.

I'm not sure he does.  

31 minutes ago, CarCrashFiance said:

GRRM has lost sight of the end game. The show and books are (allegedly) about the battle of the Others versus Westeros. Ice and Fire? Right? But the various stories are so pointless and meandering. How does Arya watching a play affect the Others versus Westeros? Dorne? Iron Islands? Faith Militant? Sam and his failed romance with a wildling? This has become a character drama with no plot whatsoever. Days of Our (boring) Lives. The show actually removes more filler from the books but still ends up going nowhere. The fans are taking the same mindless journey in the desert as Dany.

The entire drawn out and dead Iron Islands story is just a deus ex machina setup for Dany to get ships. "Where will I possibly get 1,000 ships?!?!". I think we all know where because GRRM has telegraphed literally everything. Hold the Door. Six books and six or seven seasons for the Iron Islands plotline to give Dany 1,000 ships. Everything else is just filler with that entire storyline basically. GRRM basically wrote his own anime/manga but included the filler content in the first run. Victarion? Euron? Just pointless characters to deliver the "anointed cherub" her ships. The entire Iron Islands story is basically about 1,000 ships being delivered to the Dragon Messiah. If you didn't get the reference, GRRM worships Satan so this is nothing new. His savior is a dragon (in real life even?).

And it's the same with Arya's training to be an assassin. Just a drawn out plot to set up one "climactic" fan service moment that GRRM's army of deluded keyboard peasants can foam at the mouth over, after waiting another decade to get something that is as much influenced by D&D or European history than anything original in GRRM's football obsessed head.

The show is likely being faithful to the books when it comes to major plot points. Children of the Forest created the Others, Dany will get 1,000 ships and her dragons, Jon comes back to life, Ramsay kills daddy, R+L = J, and so on. I can't imagine D&D came up with any of those. I can't wait to see the book purists read books six and seven (and eight?.....nine?) and find out that D&D actually didn't ruin anything but that GRRM was the one who ruined everything. GRRM himself said he hoped he didn't pull a LOST with his series. But I literally cannot see anything else other than that exact scenario happening. But he gets NFL season tickets out of it so good for him. Book six will have all the scenes we've scene just with more descriptions and details. Artificial depth with no substance. Like how LOST ended.

At this point I can already predict the entire ending of the series. And there are 1,000 of posts and blogs and articles where people have the same predictions. Dragons and wildfire versus the Others, Jon being a secret Targ, Tyrion being a secret Targ, midget dragon riders, Dragon Messiah Lucifer Dany herself saving everyone and redeeming her fallen bloodline. Bran continuing the cycle of The Wall and a time of peace and becoming the 3EC and Bran the Builder. Rickon making a bunch of new Stark heirs. Almost the entire rest of the cast being killed off. World left open for sequels so GRRM can really cash in. HBO options sequels. Fans curse the very ground they stand on but then subscribe to HBO again forgetting their own thoughts from ten seconds ago.

Geez, loosen up dude. Context matters. Yeah, the show porbably hits some main plot points, but without any context and that's my problem with the show compared to the books, and I'm guessing that's the problem most of us have with the show. Anyway, you're on a fan forum, so you should expect fans of either the show or the books here. It seems to me that you don't belong in either category. So, you're just here to annoy people? You can say that GRRM is bad writer, or ASOIAF in general is bad, and the majority here will disagree with you and I doubt you'll be able to convince many people. So again, why are you here? Because even people in this thread I'm guessing on some level at least find watching the show amusing, if nothing else and enjoy tearing it apart for the giant pile of crap it has become compared to the books. But you think the books are crap too, so I don't know, maybe you're just trolling.

So, IMO, a complete waste of time/$$$/resources to show Horn Hill/introduce the Tarly family.  Really, what did it accomplish?  So Sam now has Heartsbane - is that really going to be important in the story?  Just so weird how they complain about how expensive the show is and how they lack the time and budget to do everything, and then they keep doing stuff like this.  

4 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

I'm not sure he does.  

Even if he doesn't, this Benjen Coldhands mashup is so typical for D&D to do, it's like Mcdonald's french fries, you don't even have to digest it really, it's so easy to consume. Like when they fused Sansa with Jeyne Poole/fake Arya, like when they killed Mance Rayder for real It's like the show is the children's version of the books, except for the blood and sex of course.

Ya know what is hilarious?

That are a bunch of shows out there that sometimes pull little slights and big political manuvering.

Yet somehow GoT writers either can't do that.. Or they think we're all stupid and have to spoonfeed every little thing to us.

At this point in time I wish netflix had picked up GoT instead of HBO because holy crap is this getting just dumb.

And of course people eat it up; because ya know.. simple-minded

5 minutes ago, Lord of Brewtown said:

Just so weird how they complain about how expensive the show is and how they lack the time and budget to do everything, and then they keep doing stuff like this.  

This. So very much. I would be much more forgiving of the changes from the books, if they didn't spend time on stuff like Podrick's sexual adventures, St. Tyrion's beetle speech, the endless Dany monologues, etc. They have the money but they spend it on sets sets that will be used maybe once or twice, or expensive locations. All the while the first decent(not good, decent) battle scene we got was Hardhome last year. They have the time but they use it to give us Missandei and Grey Worm scenes.

That is literally what all of my friends who haven't read the books does not understand. In any way shape or form.

Well they said they didn't have the budget.

Because they blew it. THEY BLEW IT ON NAKED BOOBS AND POINTLESS SCENES

THE DAMN WAIF ISN'T EVEN A CHARACTER OF SUCH IMPORTANCE IN BOOK.

iNFACT THEY COULD HAVE CUT HER AND SAVED THAT MONEY FOR... OHH.. I DUNNO ANY OTHER MORE IMPORTANT CHARACTER

6 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Ya know what is hilarious?

That are a bunch of shows out there that sometimes pull little slights and big political manuvering.

Yet somehow GoT writers either can't do that.. Or they think we're all stupid and have to spoonfeed every little thing to us.

At this point in time I wish netflix had picked up GoT instead of HBO because holy crap is this getting just dumb.

And of course people eat it up; because ya know.. simple-minded

Yes, nowadays there are CW show that are more intricate and nuanced than GoT, which is like the joke of the century, except it's not a joke. 

Just now, The Boastful Knight said:

Yes, nowadays there are CW show that are more intricate and nuanced than GoT, which is like the joke of the century, except it's not a joke. 

I just watch Vikings now.

Lot of people give it crap but I enjoy it well enough and shit the characters on that show are at least human and react in human ways to things.

Hey quick question. Am I the only one who was genuinely rooting for Tommen when he allied with the Faith Militant?

Whereas his idiot mother created this whole quagmire out of pure jealousy and selfishness and his tyrannical brother would've caused another riot, Tommen seems to have resolved a crisis in smart manner without bloodshed and while strengthening his rule.

The Faith Militant is hugely popular with the people and by allying with them, he endears himself to his people and grants a sense of true piety to his rule. Something that was strongly lacking in the reigns of Aerys and Joffrey. Plus, Tommen gets his wife out of custody; makes an ally of the High Sparrow; and lessens the tensions of a high stakes situation forced on him by his idiot mother.

Sure, this is all part of the High Sparrow's game, but he truly means no harm to Tommen. Why is it a bad thing if the High Sparrow succeeds? After all, this is the man who brought down the cruel and evil Cersei when she though that she could manipulate him. A man who acts because he's seen the suffering and pain inflicted on the smallfolk by the manipulations and games of the Nobles who rule over them. This is his way of balancing he scale and the only ones truly suffering for it are characters who brought that suffering on themselves.

At the very least, my viewpoint on this story-line stands counter to what the show "wants" me to feel.

1 minute ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

I just watch Vikings now.

Lot of people give it crap but I enjoy it well enough and shit the characters on that show are at least human and react in human ways to things.

I watch it too. The political drama on that show puts to shame anything that has been done on GoT since probably the first or second season.

Just now, LordPathera said:

Hey quick question. Am I the only one who was genuinely rooting for Tommen when he allied with the Faith Militant?

Whereas his idiot mother created this whole quagmire out of pure jealousy and selfishness and his tyrannical brother would've caused another riot, Tommen seems to have resolved a crisis in smart manner without bloodshed and while strengthening his rule.

The Faith Militant is hugely popular with the people and by allying with them, he endears himself to his people and grants a sense of true piety to his rule. Something that was strongly lacking in the reigns of Aerys and Joffrey. Plus, Tommen gets his wife out of custody; makes an ally of the High Sparrow; and lessens the tensions of a high stakes situation forced on him by his idiot mother.

Sure, this is all part of the High Sparrow's game, but he truly means no harm to Tommen. Why is it a bad thing if the High Sparrow succeeds? After all, this is the man who brought down the cruel and evil Cersei when she though that she could manipulate him. A man who acts because he's seen the suffering and pain inflicted on the smallfolk by the manipulations and games of the Nobles who rule over them. This is his way of balancing he scale and the only ones truly suffering for it are characters who brought that suffering on themselves.

At the very least, my viewpoint on this story-line stands counter to what the show "wants" me to feel.

You haven't realized yet? DD want Cersei to be sympathetic. 

12 minutes ago, Lord of Brewtown said:

So, IMO, a complete waste of time/$$$/resources to show Horn Hill/introduce the Tarly family.  Really, what did it accomplish?  So Sam now has Heartsbane - is that really going to be important in the story?  Just so weird how they complain about how expensive the show is and how they lack the time and budget to do everything, and then they keep doing stuff like this.  

I liked seeing Horn Hill but mainly because I was curious to see Randyll. My guess is the Tarlys are going to have a more important role in the whole scenario from now on. Especially considering there's no way Randyll Tarly would let Sam run off with Heartsbane - I think there's a big father/son confrontation in the way. But yeah generally I agree with the waste of time and resources thing. I want to believe they wouldn't introduce a whole "new" (for the show watchers) family/castle for nothing, but nowadays who knows?

Just now, The Boastful Knight said:

I watch it too. The political drama on that show puts to shame anything that has been done on GoT since probably the first or second season.

I agree. There's politics, backstabbing, pact making, pact breaking, sieges, battles. Men playing the freaking game of thrones. makes me wonder if the overshadow of the white walkers is actually hurting this show or if it's just the terrible plot holes.

King's Landing is comically bad this season. There is nothing remotely resembling narrative flow within this storyline, and the characters motivations range from confusing to moronic.  Thank God Jaime is finally getting the hell out of dodge. If we are lucky maybe Jaime will make an appearance this season and will leave Larry behind in King's Landing.

1 minute ago, Ser Blake said:

King's Landing is comically bad this season. There is nothing remotely resembling narrative flow within this storyline, and the characters motivations range from confusing to moronic.  Thank God Jaime is finally getting the hell out of dodge. If we are lucky maybe Jaime will make an appearance this season and will leave Larry behind in King's Landing.

No way. Plus his character flip would make no sense now anyway.

3 minutes ago, Ser Blake said:

True Jamie confirmed in episode 7 preveiw

Archived