[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

1 minute ago, Steelborn said:

If those were hands of "green" fire I'd definitely bet money on Cersei. But I guess that's the first reference to "white fire" we had, no?

White fire made me think of Winter/The Others so I'm wondering if this is some significant being among the White Walkers. Such as the Night King's bride (not necessarily her, but in the same sort of concept). If this is the case, is it a union that exists already? Or that will come in the future. 

I do find Ran's speculation on a connection between Euron and the Others very convincing

19 minutes ago, toffeejay said:

Cersei isn't going to want dwarfs around though. Unless at their feet means dead?

Vic's lost half his feet, he believes either lost at sea or delayed. Personally I've been convinced for a while that as soon as they split for the journey the half of them returned to Euron. With only Vic's most loyal staying with him.
Euron will have half the fleet for the battle on top of what remained with him on the shields.

That doesn't make much sense, though; it's not like the Redwynes are aware that the Iron Fleet went to Meereen.

Wow so many details.  Fantastic!  

At a stretch I wonder of the woman with hands of white fire is the Sand Snake in King's Landing who is adept with poisons.  With the white fire being metaphoric for the poisons that she seems to be able to apply with her touch.

3 minutes ago, Arataniello said:

Wow so many details.  Fantastic!  

At a stretch I wonder of the woman with hands of white fire is the Sand Snake in King's Landing who is adept with poisons.  With the white fire being metaphoric for the poisons that she seems to be able to apply with her touch.

Interesting idea, but I am leaning more towards Euron and his Other bride because the possibility is too great to pass up!

2 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I imagine a school of krakens obeying Euron's call, pulling Redwyne ships down by the score.

Maybe I'm getting carried away, but the image is exciting.

Kraken's off the coast of Dorne are mentioned in Arriane's chapter...

Edited by HelenaExMachina

1 minute ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Waters has 10 ships. Hardly a naval power.

He might have picked up more ships in the meantime though. WIth those huge warships at his disposal, he's bound to attract other crews to his banner. Although I think that, if he resurfaces, it will more likely be in Dany's storyline.

1 minute ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I imagine a school of krakens obeying Euron's call, pulling Redwyne ships down by the score.

I think that would be the best visual. And Krakens have been spotted according to Arianne I or II IIRC. So, yeah probablu Krakens :D  However, a good oldfashioned storm is still possible. After all, Euron is a disciple of the Stormgod according to Aeron (unless the Stormgod was also amongst the dead gods on that IT?). 

Euron can't conquer much on the mainland, but he doesn't need to. Take out the Redwyne fleet and there's nothing left to stop him, unless Braavos chooses to get involved. He can keep the coasts bottled up indefinitely - well, a year or two - whilst he waits for Victarion and Dany to show up.

Another possibility is that Cersei blows up King's Landing as some have speculated (maybe taking fAegon with her?). Maybe Euron sweeps into KL and takes control of the city - or what's left of it - before Dany and the Dothraki show up?

So maybe the Great Other is female.  Hence the tall terrible shadow that she casts, standing at Euron's side.  Would be symmetrical with the Rh'lor being male and fire-related.  Could also be the same Other woman in the tale of the Lord Commander who wed her.

The chapter runs Euron farther into parallel with the Bloodstone Emperor (and by association Nyarlathotep). The Bloodstone Emperor took a tiger-woman for wife which may be a clue for the white hand woman. Tiger for lion maybe.

Could Euron be working with the Faceless Men?  We know he used one of them to kill Balon, so we know they are affiliated, and we know the Many-Faced God could be part of his kill all Gods MO.  And who but the Faceless Men could have gotten all those treasures of Valyria. not just Dragonbinder, but his Valyrian Steel armor.

Really starting to think that's how Arya and her Faceless Men training is going to play into the plot, that it will be reveals they have been working with Euron all along.

A couple thoughts.  First, there are two uses of "pale fire" or a plural in the main series.  The first is in Dany's "fever dream" in AGOT:

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade. "Faster," they cried, "faster, faster."

The second is just before Quentyn gets "oh'd":

The dragon knew his name. His head turned, and his gaze lingered on the Dornish prince for three long heartbeats. Pale fires burned behind the shining black daggers of his teeth. His eyes were lakes of molten gold, and smoke rose from his nostrils.

I think the shadow is Daenerys.  Aeron had just been given Shade of the Evening.  IIRC, of the people we know only Pyat Pree, Daenerys and Euron have drunk it.  Maybe he was seeing the SotE initiates in his vision as tall or normal-sized (echoes of Alice in Wonderland) and the rest as dwarves.

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Could Euron be working with the Faceless Men?  We know he used one of them to kill Balon, so we know they are affiliated, and we know the Many-Faced God could be part of his kill all Gods MO.  And who but the Faceless Men could have gotten all those treasures of Valyria. not just Dragonbinder, but his Valyrian Steel armor.

Really starting to think that's how Arya and her Faceless Men training is going to play into the plot, that it will be reveals they have been working with Euron all along.

I tend to believe he got Dragonbinder from Pree and the warlocks. I suppose it was their "weapon" of some sort, being magical and all, to try and exact revenge against Daenerys. When Euron captured them, he also learned of the horn and its power. 

About the FM, I still think the hypothesis of him paying them with the dragon egg he allegedly had (instead of throwing it into the water) is a plausible explanation. Don't think they'd "work" with someone.