[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

Given that Aeron's vision has Euron on the Iron Throne with the dwarves below, the dwarves might represent the lords of Westeros under a Euron monarchy.  He's not exactly one who seems given to hands-on administration.  Westeros under Euron would be France during the Hundred Years' War - failed state with constant internecine warfare.

1 minute ago, Bini said:

About the FM, I still think the hypothesis of him paying them with the dragon egg he allegedly had (instead of throwing it into the water) is a plausible explanation. Don't think they'd "work" with someone. 

I generally buy that theory, but I think maybe their association runs deeper, a Faceless Men infiltrates the Citadel just as Euron is about to attack, his interest in all the different Gods, they are a death cult after all and Euron seems to want to kill everyone and everything.

3 minutes ago, Makk said:

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. 

So is Aeron the best match for the corpse at the prow of the ship? Does it mean anything?

Isn't Jon Connington still a better match for that vision?

1 minute ago, Makk said:

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. 

So is Aeron the best match for the corpse at the prow of the ship? Does it mean anything?

Aeron, it seems when I heard it, has been held captive for a while (a few weeks?) and he can't walk or stand. Some of Eurons mutes have to carry/drag him from his shackles up to the top of the ship. 

Also, Aeron makes note that the ties used on him are leather and he knows they will tighten on him as they sail through the salt water. Poor Dampy. 

Overall, the chapter started and ended in a very dark uncomfortable way, but the way it begins and ends are different experiences and you can see the plot moving along nicely :thumbsup:

Winging it from memory here, but that Valyrian armor sounds similar in description to the armor Jon dreamed he was wearing when wielding the sword of fire, no?

1 hour ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

I don't think Asha can get a second pop. She's already been rejected once, and is bound by the results. But it may open up chances for anyone who didn't put themselves forth at the first moot, namely Rodrik the Reader or Tris Botley.

Asha is planning to put Theon on the throne.  And if Theon shows up, there's no need for a Kingsmoot.  The only reason there was one in the first place is because Balon had no sons left (Theon was assumed to be dead).

Edited by bloodsteel bitterraven

My first thoughts on the tall terrible woman with hands of white fire was Dany, but since she was not tall, I thought it would be the Night's Queen. The Others are told to be tall and white. White fire may note be the normal fire. Then the detailed version that Ran posted, it says 'tall shadow' of a woman. This woman could be of any height, if only the shadow was tall.

I would also add that Arya could grow to become a tall woman:

Skinny as they were, her legs were strong and springy and growing longer every day.
She was glad of that. A water dancer needs good legs.

-The Blind Girl, Dance with Dragons

3 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

My first thoughts on the tall terrible woman with hands of white fire was Dany, but since she was not tall, I thought it would be the Night's Queen. The Others are told to be tall and white. White fire may note be the normal fire. Then the detailed version that Ran posted, it says 'tall shadow' of a woman. This woman could be of any height, if only the shadow was tall.

I would also add that Arya could grow to become a tall woman:

Dany after passing beneath Asshai's shadow as in Quaithe prophecies: "and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow".

Edit: the quote from the chapter is "Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him". So the shadow is tall, not necessarily the woman.

Edited by Tucu

2 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Nope. Why would Daenerys marry Jon Connington? 

Jon has nothing to offer her. 

It's definitely Euron

grey lips smiling sadly = Greyjoy 

That vision is not related to marriage. And Jon Connigton sailing on a ship smiling at getting back to Westeros, but sad that he will soon die of greyscale is a good match for the vision. And he has bright blue eyes.

Edited by Tucu

Gosh this is so interesting ! I dont have much to add, to be honest, but i feel like the tall pale woman is either Dany, or some kind of metaphor for something. 

What this definitely means, is that Euron is a much more major player in whats to come. And hes bad juju. Solemnly swearing he is up to no good. Euron taking the Iron Throne is a scary thought. brrr.

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

So do we think Aeron is going to be dead soon? Or at least no longer a PoV?

Obviously. I doubt hes gonna live after this. 

A slight case for Shiera being the white fire handed woman. Demon.

Aeron calls Euron a "demon in human skin"

"You've known queens and princesses. Did they dance with demons and practice the black arts?"

"Lady Shiera does. Lord Bloodraven's paramour. She bathes in blood to keep her beauty. And once my sister Rhae put a love potion in my drink, so I'd marry her instead of my sister Daella."

White.

Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him

She was fond of ivory and lace and cloth-of-silver, but not gold, which she considered too vulgar.

Her mother was the ninth and last mistress of Aegon IV.

The Bloodstone Emperor was a the legendary ninth and last ruler of the mythic Great Empire of the Dawn.

As Euron parallels the Bloodstone Emperor.

She made the realm bleed once already by setting jealous brother against brother, it seemed to amuse her. She apparently bathed in blood while Euron sails on a sea of blood. And there's the name, Seastar, affiliation with the ocean.

The theory that Euron is Bloodraven's failed apprentice seems plausible, perhaps Shiera torments Bloodraven still and BR lost his apprentice to his mischievous sister.

Also there's a resemblance I think between the vision Aeron has of Euron with the woman's shadow and Mel's vision of Bloodraven and Bran.

Edited by chrisdaw

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Tall, terrible bride with hands of white fire... all this shade of the evening business, the killing of gods...

His eye is finally described, his bloody eye.

Who else is said to have red eyes at times? Those destined to be greenseers.

And then...

I think it's been suggested before, somewhere, but I think this underscores some substance to the notion that Euron was born a dreamer... and was twisted by something or someone (the heart of winter and its spears?) into essentially becoming (probably without any real awareness) an agent of the Others. The bride? A reference to the corpse queen, perhaps, some notion in his head that drives him?

Hrm.... is his penhcant for mutes a way to make "wights" of his own?

Euron, the Abomination in my sig line.  Yay!  Though I didn't make the "agent of the Others" connection.

Edited by DarkSister1001

I really like pale fire bride = Quaithe theory. 

And this chapter is so dark and lovecraftian GOD I LOVE THIS :o

And some of Dany's prophecies in HotU makes sense now. Especially grey-lipped smiling man on the ship.

Edited by Mrs.Grumpy