[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

OK, so without the Iron Fleet there is clearly no way that Euron can win a naval battle against the Redwynne battle fleet, not to mention with the Hightower fleet added to the mix.

Lord Varys raised the possibility in a previous discussion that Euron might use some magic to swing the battle in his favour. Well, after all of the supernatural stuff with captive priests, brides with hands of white fire an so on in this chapter, I would not be surprised if he used some blood magic sacrifice to raise a storm that sinks half the Redwynne fleet, or raises a thick mist to confuse them, or something to that effect.

Arythmetric who photoed her hand-written notes, linked earlier, posted it -- it's largely based on her notes but others who were present have fleshed it out.

As to tall women: Melisandre, Cersei, Brienne, Selyse, Osha, Asha, and Cersei. Chataya too. Probably a couple of others.

8 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Good writeup on Reddit.  Most interesting detail for me is this:

That's some really blatant foreshadowing right there.  Dany's not tall, so I don't think she's the bride though.  I can't think of any female candidate for Queen described as tall actually.  Is Cersei ever described as tall?  Cersei and Euron, what a powerful villain couple they would make.  A man can dream....  

I really wish I had the actual text to get at all this obvious foreshadowing :mellow:

Cersei isn't going to want dwarfs around though. Unless at their feet means dead?

5 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

OK, so without the Iron Fleet there is clearly no way that Euron can win a naval battle against the Redwynne battle fleet, not to mention with the Hightower fleet added to the mix.

Lord Varys raised the possibility in a previous discussion that Euron might use some magic to swing the battle in his favour. Well, after all of the supernatural stuff with captive priests, brides with hands of white fire an so on in this chapter, I would not be surprised if he used some blood magic sacrifice to raise a storm that sinks half the Redwynne fleet, or raises a thick mist to confuse them, or something to that effect.

Vic's lost half his feet, he believes either lost at sea or delayed. Personally I've been convinced for a while that as soon as they split for the journey the half of them returned to Euron. With only Vic's most loyal staying with him.
Euron will have half the fleet for the battle on top of what remained with him on the shields.

2 minutes ago, toffeejay said:

Cersei isn't going to want dwarfs around though. Unless at their feet means dead?

Vic's lost half his feet, he believes either lost at sea or delayed. Personally I've been convinced for a while that as soon as they split for the journey the half of them returned to Euron. With only Vic's most loyal staying with him.
Euron will have half the fleet for the battle on top of what remained with him on the shields.

Well, she's been killing random dwarfs by putting that bounty on Tyrion's head.  She might keep some around to torment until she can get at Tyrion. Like I said, a man can dream....

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to double post.  Thought I was editing this post into the one above, my bad.  

Edited by Ser Wun Wun

Just now, toffeejay said:

Half the Iron Fleet doubling back and hitting the Redwynes from behind would be a good way to help destroy the Redwyne fleet. That remains the biggest challenge to Euron so far: the Hightower, Lannister and Tyrell fleets are fairly negligible and the Royal Fleet has mostly been destroyed (and Aurane Waters has legged it with the rest), so the Redwyne is the only sizable fleet in Westeros capable of opposing Euron. It needs to be neutralised for Euron to have any chance of doing what needs doing.

Of course, with a ship full of crazed warlocks and red priests, I just assumed he was going to smash them with magic, but this would be a viable alternative.

I knew Euron was major, I told you all years ago :D I can't wait to read this chapter. He sacked the Arbor, as I fortold. Now he just has to take the Redwynes down (definitely magic involved there, that's why he's lashing all those priests onto the prows of his ships) and then he can get to Oldtown :D 

House Greyjoy for the win! 

• Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him
  • Male and female dwarves are running around naked and copulating and fighting (??)
  • Euron and the woman laugh

New detail.  Oh yeah, definitely Cersei.  That's it, I'm all aboard this ship.  Westeros look out.  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, the Scorpion Knight said:

poor tommen

He'll be dead before this happens.  Tommen dies, Cersei uses wildfire to take out the Tyrells and Sparrows, then hooks up with Euron to make the baddest fucking power couple of all time!  

Just now, Werthead said:

Half the Iron Fleet doubling back and hitting the Redwynes from behind would be a good way to help destroy the Redwyne fleet. That remains the biggest challenge to Euron so far: the Hightower, Lannister and Tyrell fleets are fairly negligible and the Royal Fleet has mostly been destroyed (and Aurane Waters has legged it with the rest), so the Redwyne is the only sizable fleet in Westeros capable of opposing Euron. It needs to be neutralised for Euron to have any chance of doing what needs doing.

Of course, with a ship full of crazed warlocks and red priests, I just assumed he was going to smash them with magic, but this would be a viable alternative.

I wonder know my self the following thing: how many reachlords will flock to Euron if he crushes the fleets ?

Euron on a throne of skulls and dwarves are running around.  (Seems vaguely similar to the dwarves Dany see is in House of Undying.)

“Worms await you, Aeron.” And then it was not Urri, but Euron Bloodeye - sitting upon a throne of black skulls. Dwarves attending him, bleeding star, the world will broken and remade.

Euron on Iron throne, changed into a kraken-like figure with tentacles

• Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him
  • Male and female dwarves are running around naked and copulating and fighting (??)
  • Euron and the woman laugh

To match with.

In one room, a beautiful woman sprawled naked on the floor while four little men crawled over her. They had rattish pointed faces and tiny pink hands, like the servitor who had brought her the glass of shade. One was pumping between her thighs. Another savaged her breasts, worrying at the nipples with his wet red mouth, tearing and chewing.

I doubt they're literal dwarves being represented.

Just now, the Scorpion Knight said:

I wonder know my self the following thing: how many reachlords will flock to Euron if he crushes the fleets ?

Perhaps some on the coast and along the rivers, but I think they are far more likely to flock to Faegon as their redeemer no?

1 minute ago, Ran said:

The dwarves entirely match those that Dany saw in the House of the Undying, ravishing a beautiful woman. Most have read that image as being the five kings tearing apart Westeros.

So do you think it's a continuation of this symbolism? With the fighting dwarves representing the new adversaries in this new phase of the war (e.g. Faegon vs. Dany) and the copulating dwarves representing new alliances (e.g. If Faegon were to get Dorne involved)?