Jump to content
Free Northman Reborn

[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

Recommended Posts

On 8/7/2016 at 3:15 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

We can't really say. Harlon's birth has been determined to have occured in or between 253 and 258 AC, but the potential window during which Euron was born in much larger (256 to 268 AC). Euron does seem to be closer in age to Balon than Aeron, which would place his birth closer to 256 AC than to 268 AC. 

So I'd guess that the age difference was indeed something close to 5 years, perhaps a little bit bigger.

I see. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

This is definitely Aeron so he will die most likely after witnessing whatever unfolds in the next chapter. Then we will probably see Euron's attempt on OldTown by Sam.

Quote

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.

I think this is Euron. The tower is Old Town, Euron was wearing armor made from Valyrian steel, a Kraken could fall under the category of a beast. Euron is set up to be a contender for the throne. He's definitely going to Old Town for a reason I think its for magic and knowledge. I think the shadow fire represents Euron's desire to use magic for destruction.

I also agree that the woman mentioned in Aeron's vision is Cersei who will probably burn down KL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2016 at 0:41 AM, Zulaica said:

This is definitely Aeron so he will die most likely after witnessing whatever unfolds in the next chapter. Then we will probably see Euron's attempt on OldTown by Sam.

I think this is Euron. The tower is Old Town, Euron was wearing armor made from Valyrian steel, a Kraken could fall under the category of a beast. Euron is set up to be a contender for the throne. He's definitely going to Old Town for a reason I think its for magic and knowledge. I think the shadow fire represents Euron's desire to use magic for destruction.

I also agree that the woman mentioned in Aeron's vision is Cersei who will probably burn down KL.

Why would Aeron's eyes be described as bright? 

Edited by Lost Melnibonean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:41 AM, Zulaica said:

This is definitely Aeron so he will die most likely after witnessing whatever unfolds in the next chapter. Then we will probably see Euron's attempt on OldTown by Sam.

I think this is Euron. The tower is Old Town, Euron was wearing armor made from Valyrian steel, a Kraken could fall under the category of a beast. Euron is set up to be a contender for the throne. He's definitely going to Old Town for a reason I think its for magic and knowledge. I think the shadow fire represents Euron's desire to use magic for destruction.

I also agree that the woman mentioned in Aeron's vision is Cersei who will probably burn down KL.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed that Aeron has at least 1 more chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 3:17 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Why would Aeron's eyes be described as bright? 

Tears?

I don't think Aeron will die. Or rather, what is dead may never die. He will die, and come back again. Just like Lady Stoneheart. Maybe that accounts for the change in his eyes.

I don't agree that the woman in the vision is Cersei. Cersei doesn't fit.

I agree that Cersei may be stupid or desperate enough to consider marriage to Euron. But why would Euron consider marriage to Cersei? What can Cersei offer him that he cannot take by force? Nothing. Cersei is weak. Not only is her grip on the Iron Throne and Westeros tenuous. She is inherently weak due to her character traits, her character flaws. Euron despises weakness - and we know what he does to weak, defenseless people. He killed helpless Harlon by pinching his nose shut. He sexually abused Aeron and Urrigon. There is Victarion's wife. And, in this chapter, Falia. I don't wish that on anyone - not even Cersei.

Whatever use Euron may have for Cersei, he would have none for Tommen and Myrcella - execpt as sacrifices. In which case Cersei might lose her remaining children to Euron, and would long for death soon after. Aeron might then fill the role of Valonqar - and the beautiful younger queen Cersei is so afraid of, and the woman with the long shadow in Aeron's vision, might turn out to be be one and the same.

For Cersei is neither of them. Obviously she isn't the queen who will replace her from Maggy the Frog's prophesy. But she is not the woman from Aeron's vision, either: she doesn't possess a a long shadow. If the long shadow stands for influencing things from afar, Cersei just isn't skilled at it.  

Cersei always was in the shadows but never knew how to use them. Quite unlike Olenna Tyrell who casts a long shadow which Lady Olenna then skillfully hides in the shadows. Cersei hates shadows, she wants a place in the sun - and always, always she was overshadowed by someone with a large shadow. Hence, no shadow of her own.

She grew up in Tywin's shadow. In Jaime's shadow, too, as he was the heir, a boy. She lived in Robert's and Joffrey's shadows. She was determined that little Tommen would not steal her place in the sun - only to end up in Kevan Lannister's shadow. These shadows are now gone because their owners are dead (Tywin, Robert, Joffrey, Kevan), or because she removed them (Jaime). Some still loom (the High Septon, Tyrion). But there is at least one shadow she cannot remove: Maggy the Frog's shadow, that prophesy which has haunted her life ever since she killed Melara. Cersei will not get her place in the sun. 

Who that woman in the vision is? I don't know. It could be Daenerys if Aeron is the corpse at the prow of a ship from her vision. Plus, Euron intends to marry her. Her very existence set things in motion in Westeros despite the fact that no one knows what she looks like - which might explain the form she takes in Aeron's vision.

For all other women with long shadows (the Sand snakes, for example) the question is the same as for Cersei: what do they offer that he cannot otherwise obtain?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I read somewhere that the "The Forsaken" chapter was deleted from TWOW. I thought it was a very great chapter and explained a lot of stuff to the reader so I can't really believe it. Can anyone help me out, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24. Oktober 2016 at 0:20 AM, Goldhands said:

Hey guys, I read somewhere that the "The Forsaken" chapter was deleted from TWOW. I thought it was a very great chapter and explained a lot of stuff to the reader so I can't really believe it. Can anyone help me out, please?

Nobody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.10.2016 at 10:59 PM, Tini said:

Tears?

I don't think Aeron will die. Or rather, what is dead may never die. He will die, and come back again. Just like Lady Stoneheart. Maybe that accounts for the change in his eyes.

I don't agree that the woman in the vision is Cersei. Cersei doesn't fit.

I agree that Cersei may be stupid or desperate enough to consider marriage to Euron. But why would Euron consider marriage to Cersei? What can Cersei offer him that he cannot take by force? Nothing. Cersei is weak. Not only is her grip on the Iron Throne and Westeros tenuous. She is inherently weak due to her character traits, her character flaws. Euron despises weakness - and we know what he does to weak, defenseless people. He killed helpless Harlon by pinching his nose shut. He sexually abused Aeron and Urrigon. There is Victarion's wife. And, in this chapter, Falia. I don't wish that on anyone - not even Cersei.

Whatever use Euron may have for Cersei, he would have none for Tommen and Myrcella - execpt as sacrifices. In which case Cersei might lose her remaining children to Euron, and would long for death soon after. Aeron might then fill the role of Valonqar - and the beautiful younger queen Cersei is so afraid of, and the woman with the long shadow in Aeron's vision, might turn out to be be one and the same.

For Cersei is neither of them. Obviously she isn't the queen who will replace her from Maggy the Frog's prophesy. But she is not the woman from Aeron's vision, either: she doesn't possess a a long shadow. If the long shadow stands for influencing things from afar, Cersei just isn't skilled at it.  

Cersei always was in the shadows but never knew how to use them. Quite unlike Olenna Tyrell who casts a long shadow which Lady Olenna then skillfully hides in the shadows. Cersei hates shadows, she wants a place in the sun - and always, always she was overshadowed by someone with a large shadow. Hence, no shadow of her own.

She grew up in Tywin's shadow. In Jaime's shadow, too, as he was the heir, a boy. She lived in Robert's and Joffrey's shadows. She was determined that little Tommen would not steal her place in the sun - only to end up in Kevan Lannister's shadow. These shadows are now gone because their owners are dead (Tywin, Robert, Joffrey, Kevan), or because she removed them (Jaime). Some still loom (the High Septon, Tyrion). But there is at least one shadow she cannot remove: Maggy the Frog's shadow, that prophesy which has haunted her life ever since she killed Melara. Cersei will not get her place in the sun. 

Who that woman in the vision is? I don't know. It could be Daenerys if Aeron is the corpse at the prow of a ship from her vision. Plus, Euron intends to marry her. Her very existence set things in motion in Westeros despite the fact that no one knows what she looks like - which might explain the form she takes in Aeron's vision.

For all other women with long shadows (the Sand snakes, for example) the question is the same as for Cersei: what do they offer that he cannot otherwise obtain?

 

I AGREE WITH THIS GUY   Cersei dosent fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-10-2016 at 0:20 AM, Goldhands said:

Hey guys, I read somewhere that the "The Forsaken" chapter was deleted from TWOW. I thought it was a very great chapter and explained a lot of stuff to the reader so I can't really believe it. Can anyone help me out, please?

 

1 hour ago, Goldhands said:

Nobody?

Haven't heard anything, and a google search didn't yield any results.

Perhaps it is possible that there has been a mix-up regarding the chapter's history. From ADWD an Aeron chapter had been removed in 2010, which likely was The Forsaken (as the chapter appeared to be Aeron I), and was placed in TWOW.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I haven't been very active in these forums lately, but I reread this chapter and this line caught my attention:

Quote

Then Euron lifted a great horn to his lips and blew, and dragons and krakens and sphinxes came at his command and bowed before him.

We know he is seeking dragons, and his own house represents the kraken, but could the sphinx mean he will conquer Oldtown and control its armies? He is on the path to war against it. 

 

I presumed he would want to destroy his enemies, but the wording makes it seem that he has subdued them, and is in control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ethenil said:

Hello, I haven't been very active in these forums lately, but I reread this chapter and this line caught my attention:

We know he is seeking dragons, and his own house represents the kraken, but could the sphinx mean he will conquer Oldtown and control its armies? He is on the path to war against it. 

 

I presumed he would want to destroy his enemies, but the wording makes it seem that he has subdued them, and is in control. 

It has been speculated that if/when Euron destroys the Redwyn and Hightower fleets coming to meet him that Oldtown will bend the knee due to the fact that their wealth depends on trade.  If Mace were to be killed fighting against Aegon this could become more likely, but it still seems kinda far fetched to me as they have so much manpower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2016 at 1:32 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

It has been speculated that if/when Euron destroys the Redwyn and Hightower fleets coming to meet him that Oldtown will bend the knee due to the fact that their wealth depends on trade.  If Mace were to be killed fighting against Aegon this could become more likely, but it still seems kinda far fetched to me as they have so much manpower.

This would fit the theory that the shadow of a women with pale fire coming from her hands in Aeron's second vision is Malora Hightower and that the Hightowers will throw themselves in with Euron rather than having him loot the city.  With the mysterious and mystical nature of house Hightower, Malora & Lord Leyton locking themselves in the hightower with arcane books (supposedly to raise krakens from the deep), and their scheming during the previous dance of the dragons; them joining up with Euron doesn't seem that far fetched...especially if the mad maid becomes Euron's queen.

Edited by cgf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think The Hightowers would side with Euron. I could see Euron smashing the Redwyne Fleet at sea, it's possible that they might be able to raid OldTown but they just don't have the man power to hold it or defend it if they did. The reason The Ironmen are so difficult to beat is because of their tactics, surprise raids and melt away with their plunder. Full scale Land battles they'd be shattered.

 

Euron doesn't even seem interested in conquest, he's raided the Reach and been highly successful but that's only why The Tyrells were distracted, he seems aware that the Shields will be retaken at anytime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, AerionBrightflameII said:

Euron doesn't even seem interested in conquest, he's raided the Reach and been highly successful but that's only why The Tyrells were distracted, he seems aware that the Shields will be retaken at anytime. 

Right, his priority is magic and the part Dany and his horn play in that. He had intended to bring a massive fleet to her, which is what she was lacking, but the Reader pointed out the flaw in that plan. Now it seems like his exploits are for magical testing purposes while he waits on Dany. Perhaps he wants to get in the game too to pave the way for Dany.

Really it's all about Dany and getting a child on her, he took the Ironborn because he couldn't go to Dany like a beggar asking for her to marry him, he needed to become a force to give her a reason to have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2017 at 4:07 PM, AerionBrightflameII said:

I don't think The Hightowers would side with Euron. I could see Euron smashing the Redwyne Fleet at sea, it's possible that they might be able to raid OldTown but they just don't have the man power to hold it or defend it if they did. The reason The Ironmen are so difficult to beat is because of their tactics, surprise raids and melt away with their plunder. Full scale Land battles they'd be shattered.

 

Euron doesn't even seem interested in conquest, he's raided the Reach and been highly successful but that's only why The Tyrells were distracted, he seems aware that the Shields will be retaken at anytime. 

He's not interested in worldly riches for sure and that's why he has one loyalty from his subordinates due to his "generosity" he has not problem giving away booty and pieces of the Iron Island as he could care less. He wants to be a god essentially. I think his ultimate goal is giving Westeros to the other and lording over a new Valyrian empire in Essos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2016 at 9:41 PM, Zulaica said:

This is definitely Aeron so he will die most likely after witnessing whatever unfolds in the next chapter. Then we will probably see Euron's attempt on OldTown by Sam.

Or it is Maester Aemon sailing to Braavos. The smoking tower can still be Euron in Oldtown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Or it is Maester Aemon sailing to Braavos. The smoking tower can still be Euron in Oldtown 

Or Daario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×