[TWoW Spoilers] Aeron I (Balticon)

9 hours ago, Mrs.Grumpy said:

I think sphinxes represent the Citadel...they have a pair of sphinxes right there...think it like their house sigil lol

The Citadel is the riddle, not the riddler.

This is one interpretation that I could support. Another possibility is the small council as they have a pair of Valyrian sphinxes outside their door. I do favor the Citadel myself though.

4 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

I'd think the opposite. The Highhtowers are sitting in a cache of knowledge for generations, while for all we know Euron never dabbled in magic prior to coming across the warlocks and their shade of the evening.

You could be right about the Hightowers as that family has been so mysterious up to this point in our story one can't really say for certain what they have been up to. I would argue that Euron was a former protegee of the Three Eyed Crow/Bloodraven that went bad and there have been more than a few clues in the text that Euron can control the weather.  I suspect, although cannot prove, Euron can warg into people like Bran is going to be able to do. 

On 6/15/2016 at 5:49 PM, Hos the Hostage said:

Do you think much of Aeron's tragedy could have been averted if he told his father about Euron's nightly visits?

His father likely would have given him a knife and said, "Here's how you stop that." 

6 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

You could be right about the Hightowers as that family has been so mysterious up to this point in our story one can't really say for certain what they have been up to. I would argue that Euron was a former protegee of the Three Eyed Crow/Bloodraven that went bad and there have been more than a few clues in the text that Euron can control the weather.  I suspect, although cannot prove, Euron can warg into people like Bran is going to be able to do. 

Perhaps even from a large distance, which is how he keeps an eye on Victarion, imo.

8 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

So can Victarion and Melisandre. So far it's been to get favorable wind through sacrifice and for all we know the sacrifice is enough witbout the need for the one who performs it needs to have additional magical potential. The series is unclear whether magic may be performed by anyone with sufficient knowledge or some innate talent is required. I'm inclined to think that it depends on the kind of magic. Controlling the winds has involved in each case a "gifted" individual (Moqorro, Melisandre), but then again Euron has the warlocks at his disposal, so this does not prove that Euron is capable of performing magic himself.

The notion that he is some kind of greenseer seems a bit of stretch to me from the mention of some dream of flight.

Regardless, whatever he's trying to pull off, he's doing it against the one family that has been set up as having the potential to thwart him.

Well, it appears the white queen in the  vision is definitely Cersei.   Season 6 finale from GOT pretty much guaranteed it.   Can't wait to see how the ironborn apologists reconcile this with their denialist ideology.   I'm actually pretty interested in what you guys can come up with.

2 hours ago, Mark the Red said:

Well, it appears the white queen in the  vision is definitely Cersei.   Season 6 finale from GOT pretty much guaranteed it.   Can't wait to see how the ironborn apologists reconcile this with their denialist ideology.   I'm actually pretty interested in what you guys can come up with.

I wouldn't count on the TV show for anything as far as the books.

1 hour ago, Mark the Red said:

Certainly a more credible oracle than some of the wild speculations on this forum.  Cersei will be Euron's evil queen.  I have no problem throwing down that marker here and now.

Sure. I can understand making a prediction. I do that myself. However, both D&D and GRRM have said that the books and show will deviate more and more from this point out. I see no reason to doubt any of them.

I believe that Mark was right,I reading Feast for Crows again and that was actually Foreshadowed, Cersei send a guy to construct some ships and She even think of a union with the Greyjoys,Serious guys, Reread Feasts and Dance again,after that season a lot of things become very open, these two books are my series favorites now...

this happens in the chapter that she sends the guy to kill Jon...

Edited by Rodx

The idea of a Cersei-Euron marriage alliance goes back as far as ASoS. Tywin originally considers Balon but he is married, after Euron takes over he is mentioned, too.

If we assume Euron isn't getting Dany (and there is pretty much no chance for that at this point) then Cersei is the best possible alternative.

Maybe Euron don't want Dany since the beginning,is only a BS that He tells because He knows that Victarion will betrays him but he wants that Vic use his slaves to blow the Dragonbinger because of some magic shenanigan,magic can't be controled in this series universe,the Dragonbinder was created by the Valirians as a detonator red button in case they lost the dragon's control (theory only)

Reads how the Dance of the Dragons war end in TWOIAF,the Dragons simple lost control without explanation ...

Edited by Rodx

On 6/29/2016 at 3:45 PM, Mark the Red said:

Certainly a more credible oracle than some of the wild speculations on this forum.  Cersei will be Euron's evil queen.  I have no problem throwing down that marker here and now.

Possibly but I don't think it makes sense for either one to want to marry the other. 

For one, Cersei isn't interested in sharing power.

For two, Euron wants a Targaryen bride to give birth to his Cthulhu-like children and is trying to position himself as Valyria's heir which means marrying a dragonlord with dragons which Daenerys is.

I could see the show going this route though.

Edited by Lord_Ravenstone

38 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Possibly but I don't think it makes sense for either one to want to marry the other. 

Euron would get lots and lots of money and the support of a land-based army.

Cersei no longer has any power in the books. That is the whole point. Euron will be her way to regain power and the get her revenge against Tyrion, the Tyrells, the Faith, Dorne, Aegon, and whoever else has wronged her or might wrong her in the future.

For two, Euron wants a Targaryen bride to give birth to his Cthulhu-like children and is trying to position himself as Valyria's heir which means marrying a dragonlord with dragons which Daenerys is.

So what? There are thousands of leagues between Euron and Daenerys right now, and she is not going to return to Meereen soon. What is Euron going to do after he learns that Daenerys has disappeared and/or died in Daznak's Pit? Is he going to marry a corpse/missing person?

Euron has to change his plans and accept reality. And he can always rid himself of Cersei and still marry Dany should she ever show up.

It is the same with Aegon's plan to marry Dany. They haven't yet abandoned that but they eventually will. Either when they learn about the Hizdahr marriage or when they conclude that Dany is either dead or never coming to Westeros anyway.

I didn't see this written elsewhere so I thought I'd mention it. 

Euron coming across the Qartheen warlocks seems entirely providential. Unless of course he had already heard about her and the dragons and was heading to Qarth looking for her.

On 6/29/2016 at 6:45 PM, Mark the Red said:

Are you a hot sauce guy? Let me know your favorite brand now and I will have some sent to you when you have to eat those words after TWOW comes out. Yikes "The Forsaken" chapter has really made the Euron is a nothing character people really grumpy :( 

...as far as the show is concerned a Euron/Cersei pairing makes sense but it's the show so the Lannisters may just pull a giant army out of nowhere just because so it's 6 to 5 and pick 'em on that score.

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I could see the show going this route though.

I stopped watching the show several episodes ago, so I have no idea what y'all are referring to, nor do I want to know, but I could see Cersei hooking up with Euron if she feels desperate. Recall that she considered attempting to use her wiles on Stanis if necessary. 

11 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Euron would get lots and lots of money and the support of a land-based army.

Cersei no longer has any power in the books. That is the whole point. Euron will be her way to regain power and the get her revenge against Tyrion, the Tyrells, the Faith, Dorne, Aegon, and whoever else has wronged her or might wrong her in the future.

So what? There are thousands of leagues between Euron and Daenerys right now, and she is not going to return to Meereen soon. What is Euron going to do after he learns that Daenerys has disappeared and/or died in Daznak's Pit? Is he going to marry a corpse/missing person?

Euron has to change his plans and accept reality. And he can always rid himself of Cersei and still marry Dany should she ever show up.

It is the same with Aegon's plan to marry Dany. They haven't yet abandoned that but they eventually will. Either when they learn about the Hizdahr marriage or when they conclude that Dany is either dead or never coming to Westeros anyway.

Euron doesn't need money. His Valyrian Steel armor set is good enough to buy a whole kingdom if he so wanted.

I don't think Euron cares about a land-based army either. He seems set on sacrificing his troops and the Redwynes for a magic ritual that will do something that make having troops irrelevant.

Euron also has a glass candle right next to him at Oldtown. He can look for her and see where she's at. And I think he's pretty content to wait.

Edited by Lord_Ravenstone