Jump to content

Lady Stoneheart (Spoiler)


Recommended Posts

Considering that the Brotherhood without Banners was just mentioned and both Jaime and Brienne are heading to Riverlands (under quite desperately looking pretextes, if you ask me), it's definitely possible that there might be something with LSH.

As Darren Allen above said, it could look like a bit too much after Jon and Benjen. But it could be pretty cool if the season ended with Jaime and Brienne captured by BWB and brought before LSH. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Considering that the Brotherhood without Banners was just mentioned and both Jaime and Brienne are heading to Riverlands (under quite desperately looking pretextes, if you ask me), it's definitely possible that there might be something with LSH.

As Darren Allen above said, it could look like a bit too much after Jon and Benjen. But it could be pretty cool if the season ended with Jaime and Brienne captured by BWB and brought before LSH. :)

I genuinely believed she'd been cut.  Now I am not so sure.  It does look like it's all converging the same way as the books did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think so as well. Jamie and Brienne going to the Riverlands is no coincidence. Neither is the reintroduction of the two specific Freys who killed Talisa and Catelyn. If were not meant to get Jamie and Brienne for the rest of the season after episode 7, then I can see a glimpse of her ending the episode, otherwise I think she'd be the last shot of the season, perhaps being the last face for Walder Frey to see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Christi84 said:

I think so as well. Jamie and Brienne going to the Riverlands is no coincidence. Neither is the reintroduction of the two specific Freys who killed Talisa and Catelyn. If were not meant to get Jamie and Brienne for the rest of the season after episode 7, then I can see a glimpse of her ending the episode, otherwise I think she'd be the last shot of the season, perhaps being the last face for Walder Frey to see

 

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

I genuinely believed she'd been cut.  Now I am not so sure.  It does look like it's all converging the same way as the books did.

we'll know once and for all by the end of this season, thats for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Christi84 said:

I think so as well. Jamie and Brienne going to the Riverlands is no coincidence. Neither is the reintroduction of the two specific Freys who killed Talisa and Catelyn. If were not meant to get Jamie and Brienne for the rest of the season after episode 7, then I can see a glimpse of her ending the episode, otherwise I think she'd be the last shot of the season, perhaps being the last face for Walder Frey to see

They also took the trouble to remind us of her death with one of Bran’s flashbacks.

If Jaime and Brienne are to die by Catalyn's hand after they both gave her their word, what is Martin saying about honor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we're getting some sort of representation for LSH but not her. Maybe someone who was part of her entourage or close enough to the family that escaped the RW and now wants revenge. I wish we had LSH but I'm afraid her time has passed. I think Arya warging Nymeria pulling her out of the water was an important part but I don't see them showing that. 

As much as I liked the character, I don't think it fits in the storyline anymore.

By the way, it seems now to me that the whole Jamie in Dorne plotline was to stall the story hoping for WoW to come out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, White lilly said:

I think we're getting some sort of representation for LSH but not her. Maybe someone who was part of her entourage or close enough to the family that escaped the RW and now wants revenge. I wish we had LSH but I'm afraid her time has passed. I think Arya warging Nymeria pulling her out of the water was an important part but I don't see them showing that. 

As much as I liked the character, I don't think it fits in the storyline anymore.

The only person who fits that description of being somebody who was close to the family, part of her entourage, and who nevertheless escaped the Red Wedding is her uncle Brynden Tully — who has his own destiny to carve and who would be no great reveal, since we’ve already seen him in the trailers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The only person who fits that description of being somebody who was close to the family, part of her entourage, and who nevertheless escaped the Red Wedding is her uncle Brynden Tully — who has his own destiny to carve and who would be no great reveal, since we’ve already seen him in the trailers.

I don't believe it's him because he's locked inside Riverrun. It might be even someone minor. I just don't think it would be LSH because there would be much to explain this far in the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Imp slap said:

Perfect time to bring her back, I actually was going to post about it. She'll meet Jon at the end of the season and it's going to be extremely emotional... then she'll die in peace. 

Jon’s way up at Winterfell, busy with retaking the family stronghold so that the Starks can hold it once again when the Battle for the Dawn happens there at the end of the entire saga.  We know that he’s there in the penultimate episode, so it seems pretty unlikely for Catelyn to make her way home, too, by then.  First she has to take her revenge on the Freys and the Lannisters, along with anyone remotely connected with them like Brienne carrying Ned’s sword.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted this in the other thread - maybe we should merge them?

I think they waited to rez Jon first, otherwise, it wouldn't have been as big as it was, and Jon is bigger deal than LS. If LS had been first, where she was supposed to be, no one would have expected Jon to stay dead. Makes complete sense to hold her reveal.

But now that we're headed back to the RIverlands, we're perfectly set up for LS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I posted this in the other thread - maybe we should merge them?

I think they waited to rez Jon first, otherwise, it wouldn't have been as big as it was, and Jon is bigger deal than LS. If LS had been first, where she was supposed to be, no one would have expected Jon to stay dead. Makes complete sense to hold her reveal.

But now that we're headed back to the RIverlands, we're perfectly set up for LS.

I agree: Lady Stark would have seemed more important than Jon if she had been raised first, which would have been the wrong tone.

But now we have two resurrected Starks, Jon and Benjen. Third time pays for all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I agree: Lady Stark would have seemed more important than Jon if she had been raised first, which would have been the wrong tone.

But now we have two resurrected Starks, Jon and Benjen. Third time pays for all.

I meant that if LS had happened when it should have, no one would have thought Jon would stay dead, and everyone would expect him to be brought back. 

But holding LS, and having the only occasion of resurrection being Berric in S3, many people were worried about Jon coming back, even some book readers. 

I think holding her for later is perfect for the show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

If I'm not mistaken, GRRM said whatever the show is doing with Jaime, they'd better get him back to the Riverlands, and they did. There is something very significant about Jaime and that place to the point where it's a plot point the show MUST include. Do you think he's taking the other part of Ice with him? It'd be neat to see both parts of the sword together again...

It would be, but I would presume that Widow's Wail was interred with Joffrey since Tywin gave him the sword.  I'll have to go back and look.

2 hours ago, White lilly said:

 

By the way, it seems now to me that the whole Jamie in Dorne plotline was to stall the story hoping for WoW to come out.

I agree.

18 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I posted this in the other thread - maybe we should merge them?

I think they waited to rez Jon first, otherwise, it wouldn't have been as big as it was, and Jon is bigger deal than LS. If LS had been first, where she was supposed to be, no one would have expected Jon to stay dead. Makes complete sense to hold her reveal.

But now that we're headed back to the RIverlands, we're perfectly set up for LS.

I'm not convinced that LS will show.  Maybe its more important to get Jaime to the Riverlands and closer to the Neck to encounter Howland Reed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DreamSongs said:

It would be, but I would presume that Widow's Wail was interred with Joffrey since Tywin gave him the sword.  I'll have to go back and look.

I agree.

I'm not convinced that LS will show.  Maybe its more important to get Jaime to the Riverlands and closer to the Neck to encounter Howland Reed.

 

Dont believe Valaryan Steel Swords are buried IMHO,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i rememner a frey wedding scene or something like that, some kind of celebration from the preseason trailers. Well sansa obviosly will not be make it to riverrun. That was what i thought when i saw that scene, sansa will replace lady stoneheart and bring justice to freys at another wedding. Although i hate the death of starks and hate more when the writers make them undeads as if it is mercy, it would be very nice to see justice came to the twins with catelyns hands. But the thing is there was this spoilerer whose spoilers turn out to be true so far and he/she said that thoros and brotherhood become thiefs and sandor is killing thoros. If this is true then i dont think lady stoneheart will fit the scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

If I'm not mistaken, GRRM said whatever the show is doing with Jaime, they'd better get him back to the Riverlands, and they did. There is something very significant about Jaime and that place to the point where it's a plot point the show MUST include. Do you think he's taking the other part of Ice with him? It'd be neat to see both parts of the sword together again...

I just have this feeling that either Jamie or Brienne are gonna die in the riverlands, thats why George said that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:

Dont believe Valaryan Steel Swords are buried IMHO,

In the show, Widow's Wail is last scene next to Joffrey's corpse.  In the books, it presumably goes to Tommen.  Show Jaime has knowledge of the sword, but wouldn't he or Tywin have given it to Tommen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

GRRM sure likes to bring people back from the dead.

13 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Which is weird because didn't he say he doesn't like it when that happens in other series?

 

It's more that he doesn't perceive much change to it (in the below article, he cites comics as an example).

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martinas-thoughts-on-resurrection

 

I must confess I feel they missed their window for a season 4 finale cliffhanger that would have blown up parts of the internet. Bringing LSH now might be too little too late, but a part of me still hopes for that shot of the BHWB parting as she steps forward and lowers her hood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...