Lady Stoneheart (Spoiler)

4 minutes ago, Sand Snakes said:

I just have this feeling that either Jamie or Brienne are gonna die in the riverlands, thats why George said that. 

either that or something will happen and it will prove George wasn't lying / had a reason for requesting that Jamie is placed at the Riverlands but he is also (maybe) trying to mask the fact the he doesn't want to spoil what I think is the more nerve wrecking cliffhanger in the last book but of course time will tell

2 hours ago, Sand Snakes said:

I just have this feeling that either Jamie or Brienne are gonna die in the riverlands, thats why George said that. 

Provided that their deaths move the plot forward or bring closure in some way.  Otherwise it wouldn't be important dramatically, and so Brienne could get knocked off by the Boltons or Jamie by the Dornish.  But those didn't happen, so something else will.

We still don't know why Brienne would consent to bring Jaime back to Catelyn in return for her life.  She doesn't seem like one to trade in her honor for her life, let alone for someone whom she's come to care for to lose his.

Then again, Brienne is Catelyn's sworn sword, not Jaime’s.  That might account for it, but still I wonder.

(I don't know why everybody keeps misspelling Jaime Lannister's first name. Makes you wonder.)

9 hours ago, Christi84 said:

...otherwise I think she'd be the last shot of the season, perhaps being the last face for Walder Frey to see

i like this....yes i like this very much...

23 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

<snip>

Then again, Brienne is Catelyn's sworn sword, not Jaime’s.  That might account for it, but still I wonder.

(I don't know why everybody keeps misspelling Jaime Lannister's first name. Makes you wonder.)

well not everyone ...only the ones who watch vs read...i would assume, but i have bad luck assuming so i shall just speculate that those of us that have read the name repeatedly have a better idea of GRRM's weird way of spelling... ;)

57 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Catelyn would ask no service of Brienne that might bring her dishonor.  That is too specific to include for her not to appear.

Catelyn wouldn't.  LSH would.

I think Brienne is one of the few characters who will survive to the end of the series. GRRM confirmed that she is descended from Ser Duncan the Tall (from Dunk and Egg), so I think that she will figure prominently in the end.

Jaime, on the other hand... the rest of his family - aside from Tyrion possibly - is ill-fated for certain. I'm pretty sure he sees his end, too. The only thing I can figure about the need for Jaime in the River Lands is that perhaps he is brainwashed into killing Cersei, to fulfill that prophecy?

1 hour ago, Darren Allen said:

I think Brienne is one of the few characters who will survive to the end of the series. GRRM confirmed that she is descended from Ser Duncan the Tall (from Dunk and Egg), so I think that she will figure prominently in the end.

Jaime, on the other hand... the rest of his family - aside from Tyrion possibly - is ill-fated for certain. I'm pretty sure he sees his end, too. The only thing I can figure about the need for Jaime in the River Lands is that perhaps he is brainwashed into killing Cersei, to fulfill that prophecy?

I don't really think anyone will survive to the end.  “All men must die,” and all that jazz.  That's the way of the world.

Perhaps Martin will have an epilogue of a much later generation looking back on the War for the Dawn long after it’s all over where the ultimate deaths and final resting places of those few characters who make it to the end are described.

The Freys mentiones the BWoB explicitly, why would that do that if they didn't wan to bring the BWoB back?

And if they do, there's no point in not having LS back in action, besides pissing the fans off.

11 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

We still don't know why Brienne would consent to bring Jaime back to Catelyn in return for her life.  She doesn't seem like one to trade in her honor for her life, let alone for someone whom she's come to care for to lose his.

She probably did it for Pod's life (paralleling Ned Stark's decision) and she can hope to somehow improvise them all off that situation.

As much as I'd love to see her on screen I'm afraid she won't appear. We were teased/fooled too many times with this and every year, when approaching to the last episodes of each season, we start speculation of her return.
This time is not different from the previous seasons. I think her role has been merged with another character, like the show runners have done with others.

18 hours ago, Sand Snakes said:

If one dies, so does the other, or so Jaime's dream would have us believe. 

Brienne’s sword took flame as well, burning silvery blue. The darkness retreated a little more. “The flames will burn so long as you live,” he heard Cersei call. “When they die, so must you.”

17 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

she wanted to save Pod...

6 hours ago, grufolo said:

The Freys mentiones the BWoB explicitly, why would that do that if they didn't wan to bring the BWoB back?

And if they do, there's no point in not having LS back in action, besides pissing the fans off.

yeah, and they specifically mentioned that the BwB are up against them. the BwB fights anyone who is involved in the war (including the Starks) so why would they target the Freys?

I'm not sure if Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance in the show. There was a brief mention of the brotherhood without banners in the last episode. What does seem likely is that there will be a Jaime/Brienne reunion as Jaime is being sent to Riverrun by King Tommen and Brienne is being sent to Riverrun by Sansa. But where the show will go with that I'm not sure. But if it is true that would bring those two characters to the point where they are in the books. But the situation is different in the show than in the books. In the books Sansa is still in the Vale with littlefinger and has never met Brienne. In the books during her search for Sansa and Arya Brienne and Pod are eventually captured by the Brotherhood without banners and almost hanged before Brienne agrees to go after Jaime. The last we see of Brienne in the books, she finds Jaime in the Riverlands and tells him he must go with her alone to save Sansa who she claims is being held by the Hound. So perhaps in the show Brienne will run into Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood on her way down to Riverrun. It is possible as we've seen with the Benjen situation.

7 hours ago, grufolo said:

I wonder:

Is Ian McShane's character, who he admitted is involved in bringing an important character back to life, the one who potentially brings LSH back?

If you think about it - McShane's character is someone who is travelling with the Brotherhood, and it's the Brotherhood that were involved in finding and bringing LSH back. 

I don't really buy it - why not just have Thoros of Myr do it like normal?

But it's something to think about. 

1 hour ago, TickTak7 said:

I wonder:

Is Ian McShane's character, who he admitted is involved in bringing an important character back to life, the one who potentially brings LSH back?

I think Ian McShane will be playing Septon Meribald or similar, and I think the character he "brings back to life" is The Hound. This is just a guess. No inside info or anything else.

As far as LSH goes, I don't really care one way or another. I'm cool with her showing up, and I'm cool with them leaving her out. If TWoW had come out, we might know how important she is to whatever happens to Brienne and Jaime. It's probable that the show can get them to the same endpoint without her.

Archived