Episode 7 preview

Hope Jon Snow makes a version of the castle black pink letter speech to the wildlings topped off with some wildling special brew. I look forward to how they handle the various locations the Starks travel too. Probably cut each visit between other scenes to suggest the passage of time. It would be great if they have a shot of the Starks with stark music playing and every new scene we see them in their van of soldiers keeps getting bigger and bigger.

What ever they do we can rest assured it won't be as dull as this weeks episode.

Just watched the preview again... Is that Volantis I see with the Greyjoy ships? So from Iron Islands to Volantis in two episodes? So how long ago was the Greyjoy plot (we cannot forget to include Theon and his time with Sansa).

Keeping track of the chronology of various events and distance traveled is becoming quite silly. Reminds me, were the events in Dorne three days ago or three months ago? We should be hearing of news trickling down somewhere given how many episodes ago that was.

6 hours ago, Grendam said:

Reminds me, were the events in Dorne three days ago or three months ago? We should be hearing of news trickling down somewhere given how many episodes ago that was.

Jaime made mention of the Sand Snakes and Ellaria taking over Dorne a few episodes back in one of the small council meetings.  

22 hours ago, Umber's Ale said:

I thought that the guy walking towards Sansa with the Glover's banner in the background looked like GreatJon from earlier seasons, is that the same actor?   Or am I just hoping that the Umber's haven't truly sided with the Boltons

No, that's not Clive Mantle.  That is veteran British character actor Tim McInnery, best known as part of the ensemble of Blackadder.

On 30/05/2016 at 5:26 PM, Xarkar said:

But then doesnt this go against asking Lady Mormont for help to retake Winterfell?

Jon/Sansa are asking for soldiers to retake their family home, not to defend the world from the dead.     It makes no sense for Davos to be telling the Mormonts the war isnt with the Boltons.  

Davos was asking Lady Mormont to help Stannis retake Winterfell in the books, but now he is asking on behalf of Jon / Sansa & Jon is a part of the bigger war now. It makes sense in the show adaptation for this to be a concern for these characters at this stage.

On 30/05/2016 at 6:15 AM, The Monkey said:

I'm think the same damn thing. Looks like the Greatjon without the beard.

Its not...its Tim Mckinnery !! Luv him...

Had no idea he was in this season until i saw this preview 

23 hours ago, Colonel Green said:

No, that's not Clive Mantle.  That is veteran British character actor Tim McInnery, best known as part of the ensemble of Blackadder.

No, that's Troy Mcclure, who you may remember from such movies as Cry Yuma and Here Comes the Coast Guard.

On 5/30/2016 at 1:52 PM, Xarkar said:

Which makes sense, IF there is some reason that WF is key to defending the realm.  As of right now, WF is simply a castle with big walls in the middle of the North.

It makes NO sense what so ever to say "the war is the living vs the dead" then go on to say ask for help fighting the living.  n

If Jon was rallying the North to fight the WW at the wall, Davos' statement makes perfect sense.  Maybe they feel we need to rally the entire north, to fight, and to do so we need to get rid of the boltons? IDK

To me it makes sense that Jon and Sansa are trying to unite the entire North in order to fight what they know is coming.  The only way to do that is with the Boltons gone and a Stark ruling Winterfell.

On 5/31/2016 at 1:26 AM, GeorgeIAF said:

Serious LSH vibes while watching the preview.

Yeah I am now a LSH truther. I resisted as long as I could but with Jaime and Brienne heading towards the Riverlands, a reminder of Catelyn Tully and mention of the Brotherhood Without Banners I am jumping on this train.

On May 30, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Grendam said:

Just watched the preview again... Is that Volantis I see with the Greyjoy ships? So from Iron Islands to Volantis in two episodes? So how long ago was the Greyjoy plot (we cannot forget to include Theon and his time with Sansa).

You do realize that one episode does not = x amount of time, right?

On 5/30/2016 at 11:17 PM, Grendam said:

Yeah, it is the long bridge in Volantis we saw last season when Varys and Tyrion were heading to Meereen.  Theon has moved around a lot since the start of the season, and I think we have to assume that scenes are placed together thematically rather than assuming they occur at precisely the same time in the timeline (for example, the Castle Black scenes in episodes 1-3 take place in the space of a couple of days, while those in other locations take place over a longer period of time).  

A few thoughts..............the preview looks really good and indicates that much of the episode will be set in the north and deal with Jon, Sansa and Davos trying to build up their army - which makes sense given that we only have a couple of episodes before their battle with Ramsay.  The sigils featured do indicate the Glovers (who were name-dropped in episode 2, I think, when Yara and Balon spoke of the Ironborn losing Deepwood Motte) and the Mormonts, and geographically that does make sense given their proximity to Castle Black. Their recruitment drive will not be an easy one, I think - aside from the fact that the Glovers probably lost men retaking their castle, Jon is going to have to explain why he allowed the wildlings through the Wall (and I guess this may be why we get Davos speaking about the White Walkers) and Sansa is going to be questioned on her marriage to Ramsay.  Jon may also be asked why he has left the Night's Watch.  I did like Sansa's voice-over line about how she'll always be a Stark.  She seems to be getting into leadership mode, and I wonder if this will lead to conflict with Jon.  Sansa cannot lead an army into battle; Jon must do that.  And he has to show that he can be a leader they will look up to. 

The clip of the wildling camp looks quite interesting, and we may get Tormund's line from the pre-season trailer about thinking someone was the man to lead them through the long night (I guess he says they all thought Mance was that man, but now it must be Jon).  The wildlings do not care if the Starks or Boltons have Winterfell, but my guess is the pitch will be about Ramsay's threats to them and the need to unite the North to combat the oncoming long night.  In ADWD, Jon gives a rousing speech to the wildlings regarding the Pink Letter - could we get some sort of version of that?  Davos, Sansa and Jon seem to be present for this.  I am not sure what order they'll visit people in.  Nor do I think that all the Northerners will be pleased to be fighting alongside an army of wildlings.  After all, the Smalljon gives the arrival of the wildlings south of the Wall as his reason for handing Rickon and Osha over to Ramsay and killing Shaggydog.  Even if you believe that the show is adapting the GNC plotline and that the Umbers are just pretending to hand Rickon over to take Winterfell from the inside (which, sadly, I don't) then at the very least it is considered plausible by Ramsay and the new Lord Karstark that the Smalljon would side with them because of the wildlings. 

The Riverlands is looking an interesting place - and I am pleased that we have Jaime back on something akin to his book plot, given that his AFFC arc particularly is one of my favorites.  And we have the Blackfish and Edmure too - somehow, however, I don't think the Tully army will be making their way north to fight for Sansa.  Interesting to see Bronn back.  He and Jaime work well off each other, and it is interesting to compare their dynamics to those of Tyrion and Bronn.  Again, there is the possibility for more book speech adaptation and I really hope they go down that route.  Personally, I have to say that Jaime's chapters in AFFC are possibly the ones that - as a set - I enjoy most.  And part of that is the amazing dialogue.

The Greyjoys - Yara is in charge, but I wonder how Daenerys will react if and when she encounters them.  Yara is a female ruler, and the Greyjoy words 'We do not sow' fit in well with the conquering streak Daenerys is on at present.  That said, I am not sure I can see an alliance forming.  And as she has 3 dragons, the unsullied and a united Dothraki khalasar, I cannot imagine Daenerys will fear Euron based on what Yara and Theon have to say about him.  But I am intrigued at the thought of Tyrion and Theon meeting again.  They haven't met since episode 4 of season 1, when Tyrion stopped off at Winterfell on his way south from Castle Black.  He probably doesn't realize it, but Theon can give Tyrion a huge info dump - like Sansa and her marriage to Ramsay.  And that it was arranged by LF.  If Tyrion can piece together that Sansa may have left KL under his protection, he may be able to figure out that LF was responsible (at least in part) for Joffrey's death.    

Archived