Wildfire is the key

Mat92

So among Bran's visions there was a heavy focus on the white walkers (obviously) and surprisingly we got some footage of the Mad King. 
Likely because wildfire is the key to destroying the white walkers - a flame that doesn't go out as easily as normal fire, plus it spreads quite quickly. It's also known as dragon flame or something in the books I believe (I could be wrong).

This may add another wrinkle to the plot if - as some have speculated - Bran has to go back in time to warn Aerys of the impending doom and to start preparing wildfire (which we know he did as it was revealed to Tyrion in season 2, who asked for more to be made) but this is what drives him mad.

Thoughts?

Just now, Florina Laufeyson said:

My mum actually thinks that this little blurb may hint to deploying wildfire to the Others. Im still holding on to the 3EC being the one who went to Aerys and told him to burn em all, but who knows. 

Yeah definitely possible. In fact more likely - 3ER tried to warn Aerys who was the current king and stuffed up?
That's why he warn's Bran about the implications of his gift. I like it.

I am starting to think Burn them all is also being connected to the Starks if they are decendents of the WW. WW appear to be immune to fire but what about Dragon fire or Wild fire?

^None of what has been posted makes any sense, wildfire is never referred to as dragonfire in the books, it is actually specifically said to be less hot, and should be similar to the magic fire the children used in the door, which did not hurt the WW's..  Also, if not for Aerys burning people, Dany would never have hatched her dragons, so it def was not an accident if it was done by the 3er,which there is not even any evidence of.

4 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I think it's foreshadowing for

Hide contents

some late-season events, if you believe certain things on reddit

A few of the leaks that were posted on reddit were indeed somewhat accurate. Not every detail mind you but they got the key plot points correct. 

I think the wild fire flash was to remind the viewer of it. I have a feeling that Cersei is going to go crazy latter and burn Kings Landing down. Jamie killed Aerys because he was going to burn the city down and now his lover is going to do the same thing. Will he kill her too?

1 minute ago, Bran Snow said:

I think the wild fire flash was to remind the viewer of it. I have a feeling that Cersei is going to go crazy latter and burn Kings Landing down.

I think this may be a great guess, especially...

Spoiler

... after Tommen dies.

6 minutes ago, tmug said:

I think this may be a great guess, especially...

Reveal hidden contents

... after Tommen dies.

I think so too. Arya said it, when she told the actress that the real Cersei would lose her shit if her son is taken from her. 

5 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I was curious about one of the visions in that montage.  It looked like the vaults of wildfire starting to burn up, but that has not yet happened, so was that me misreading the scene (which is possible it went by quickly) or could it be a vision of future events.

Probably a torch on the wall

17 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

I think the wild fire flash was to remind the viewer of it. I have a feeling that Cersei is going to go crazy latter and burn Kings Landing down. Jamie killed Aerys because he was going to burn the city down and now his lover is going to do the same thing. Will he kill her too?

Been saying that for 2 years. She is going to Burn down KL, remember Dany's vision of a burned out Throne Room with Snow falling. After Tommen dies she looses her junk IMHO

20 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

I doubt it; Jaime has a date with a lady up in the Riverlands.

Archived