Wildfire is the key

Mat92

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

^None of what has been posted makes any sense, wildfire is never referred to as dragonfire in the books, it is actually specifically said to be less hot, and should be similar to the magic fire the children used in the door, which did not hurt the WW's..  Also, if not for Aerys burning people, Dany would never have hatched her dragons, so it def was not an accident if it was done by the 3er,which there is not even any evidence of.

Well as I said, I could have been wrong about it being referred to as Dragon fire, but it sure is a lot more effective than regular fire - it spreads a lot quicker, whereas the fire that the children have does not. 

Plus, there was no evidence of Bran being able to do what he did prior to last week's episode - it was a real game changer. It's really not that outside the box. The people of Westerns could chalk up him going mad to the inbreeding because that makes the most sense to them. Not saying it happened, but definitely plausible. 

14 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jamie gonna kill Cersie IMHO

Interesting, would you care to elaborate?

I proposed the question thinking about a scenario where Jamie dies in the Riverlands for some reason, and Cersei sees herself and Tommen alone in the world (we still don't know how this mother/son relationship will be after today's episode, but anyway). I remembered Blackwater in the second season, when she thought they had lost the battle - she was willing to kill herself and Tommen. Maybe now, if all of this happened (Jamie dying, the High Sparrow growing as a threat and taking the city for example), instead of only killing herself and her son, she'd go mad and try to set the whole city on fire?

Just now, Into the Weirwood said:

Interesting, would you care to elaborate?

I proposed the question thinking about a scenario where Jamie dies in the Riverlands for some reason, and Cersei sees herself and Tommen alone in the world (we still don't know how this mother/son relationship will be after today's episode, but anyway). I remembered Blackwater in the second season, when she thought they had lost the battle - she was willing to kill herself and Tommen. Maybe now, if all of this happened, instead of only killing herself and her son, she'd go mad and try to set the whole city on fire?

Spoiler

The prophesy of the little brother killing Cersei, Jamie was born After. I think he is going to kill her just like he did the Mad King when he said Burn them all.

5 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The prophesy of the little brother killing Cersei, Jamie was born After. I think he is going to kill her just like he did the Mad King when he said Burn them all.

I don't know. In the books he's pretty much over her so it's possible but in the show he's still devoted to her. Not sure if he'd be able to do it if the whole situation happened, but who knows what D&D think makes sense.

Just now, Into the Weirwood said:

I don't know. In the books he's pretty much over her so it's possible but in the show he's still devoted to her. Not sure if he'd be able to do it if the whole situation happened, but who knows what D&D think makes sense.

Yeah I sometimes cross the two, the little brother thing is not in the show lol.

Im kinda getting onto the Cersei nukes KL thing because of what i found when i was sifting through a vid of Bran's visions this ep.

Wildfire seems to be exploding...

and getting bigger...

and its accompanied with Aerys saying "BURN EM ALL" and Jaime killing him. Im actually thinking you guys are really onto something now. Cersei nukes KL or tries, and Jaime murks her ass.

1 minute ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Mad Queen Cersei - has a ring to it.

After she looses everything she burns everything down.

"If I can't have it no one can!" "Burn them all!!!!" :excl:

Yeah.

Spoiler

In the Books she burns down the tower of the hand, and has a weird look about her IIRC, like she likes it.

I think she does not love Jamie the way she loves her Children. I think losing all 3 is going to ruin her.

19 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:

Yeah.

Hide contents

In the Books she burns down the tower of the hand, and has a weird look about her IIRC, like she likes it.

I think she does not love Jamie the way she loves her Children. I think losing all 3 is going to ruin her.

Plot twist: She is Aerys+Joanna's daugther AND Tyrion is the only trueborn son of Tywin.:o

26 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Plot twist: She is Aerys+Joanna's daugther AND Tyrion is the only trueborn son of Tywin.:o

That is a theory discussed elsewhere in this forum, actually :P
Because, intellectually at least, Tyrion is the one who most resembles Tywin

I have a feeling that Cersei is going to have WF planted under the Sept and have it blown up. That would meet the vision of a WF explosion from Bran. Not sure what else could meet that unless his visions also count what was being planned to occur, but never did, during the Mad Kings reign. 

At this point though the only real way to deal with the FM would be a covert nuke which will, of course, backfire on Cersei since she never thinks anything through. 

I love the idea that the 3ER tried to future proof against the WW, via whispering to Aerys - he "got it".  Really understood the gravity of the situation, but his brain melted - in a way Wyllis/Hodor hinted at this - couldn't handle the time/space warging while Bran was viewing his past.

So Aerys badly futureproofed KL - does this mean KL will be the end game last battle last stand?  We certainly see a dragon circling overhead.  Blowing up KL will be enough to knock out an Others/WW army, sway the battle.  I was kinda hoping Winterfell (stone dragon, hot springs) would be site of the last great battle ...

Loved this last episode :-)

1 hour ago, Optimist said:

I love the idea that the 3ER tried to future proof against the WW, via whispering to Aerys - he "got it".  Really understood the gravity of the situation, but his brain melted - in a way Wyllis/Hodor hinted at this - couldn't handle the time/space warging while Bran was viewing his past.

So Aerys badly futureproofed KL - does this mean KL will be the end game last battle last stand?  We certainly see a dragon circling overhead.  Blowing up KL will be enough to knock out an Others/WW army, sway the battle.  I was kinda hoping Winterfell (stone dragon, hot springs) would be site of the last great battle ...

Yeah there's a lot of foreshadowing in this show/the books so the Hodor situation would be the set up for that. 

I'm not sure - from what I could see, the shot of the dragon over Kings Landing doesn't show any snow right? So Winter hasn't hit yet, or at least hasn't reached KL. I can't see where the end-game would be. It would be kind of disappointing to not include the south in the war, but it would be really great if the North is where the fight is. I'd say all of Westeros' power will be consolidated there (my guess is the north will be united once Jon and Sansa take back Winterfell at the end of the season) to stop the invasion before it reaches the neck. 

Cersei is not going to burn Kings Landing. Margery is going to burn the Sept. The show has this way of making people know things without explaining how they know in a way that makes sense. This will be one of those times. She finds out that there is wildfire under the Sept, already. 

Shes entirely manipulative and the is no way she's in cahoots with the Faith after what they did to her brother. Plus, it would be just like the show to do something as stupid as having Margery burn the place down, killing herself and Tommen in the process. 

Wildfyre would be a way to destroy the wights if they made it as far as Kings Landing, but it might work on the WW as well. Still,  we don't know if they make it that far. I remember the WWs walked through the flames at the cave, so it would be the magic in the wildfire, not the heat, that would destroy them.

If there is foreshadowing involved, it involves Cersei burning down KL. Margaery is not that emotional.

7 hours ago, Into the Weirwood said:

In fact, the fact that he still loves her in the show can make it way more tragic. Like, he killed Aerys, the man he swore to protect, because Aerys wanted to kill hundreds of innocent people, to burn them all. So Jaime chose to save the people instead of fulfil his duty. If Cersei loses it and tries to burn KL down, Jaime could kill her like he killed Aerys, for the same reason, but this time he would give up on love instead of duty.

It really makes me feel like it's all wraping up.

6 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

That's been in the back of my mind for the last few years. That Jaime and Cersei's father is the Mad King.  And that Tywin's animosity towards Tyrion is fueled by the fact he knew Tyrion was his only true son. A a brilliant man that turned out to be a dwarf, etc. He'd look at it as something akin to an insult.

There is Dragon needing three heads theory though...so, not sure. But Tyrion did say dragons are pretty intelligent creatures, so when he went to unchain them, they might have sensed he meant them no harm. It might not mean that he's a secret Targ.

But anything is possible! It's fun to speculate, and I can't wait to see how it all ends up. :)

4 hours ago, Optimist said:

This is what went through my head. 

How did Bloodraven (the former 3ER) realize the ill effects of messing with the past. Its obvious that he must have made an apparent blunder similar to Brans  and then learnt from it.

Also GRRM has a tendency of embedding certain concepts/occurrences to ensure there is some basis for these phenomenon in the world and dont only happen to POV/Plot proponents e.g. Berric resurrection, LSH resurrction & now Jons. Warging by the wildings Orell, Varymyr, Jon and Brann .

Similarly Brans cross timeline warging and tampering with the past thereby effecting the present.   

Archived