Wildfire is the key

Mat92

6 hours ago, med1 said:

I have a feeling that Cersei is going to have WF planted under the Sept and have it blown up. That would meet the vision of a WF explosion from Bran. Not sure what else could meet that unless his visions also count what was being planned to occur, but never did, during the Mad Kings reign. 

At this point though the only real way to deal with the FM would be a covert nuke which will, of course, backfire on Cersei since she never thinks anything through. 

i wouldn't be amazed if you are right. 

Freaking Elmo's fire has every leprechaun looking for a rainbow.

Wildfire was a process of alchemistic pyromancy that wasn't lost in the doom of Valyria, does it therefore create Qyburn's necromanic amusements.

Something has been quite lost in literal translation

4 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

Cersei is not going to burn Kings Landing. Margery is going to burn the Sept. The show has this way of making people know things without explaining how they know in a way that makes sense. This will be one of those times. She finds out that there is wildfire under the Sept, already. 

Wait! You said that Marge found out that there is wildfire under Baelor?  When did that happen?  

Do you really think even Aerys would store ordnance under a church, or was this done earlier?

Wasn’t Tyrion told that some of the old wildfire had gone missing?

8 hours ago, med1 said:

At this point though the only real way to deal with the FM would be a covert nuke which will, of course, backfire on Cersei since she never thinks anything through. 

I know that Faceless Men are said to have had a hand in the Doom that blew up Valyria, but why would they have a beef against Cersei?

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Wait! You said that Marge found out that there is wildfire under Baelor?  When did that happen?  

Do you really think even Aerys would store ordnance under a church, or was this done earlier?

Wasn’t Tyrion told that some of the old wildfire had gone missing?

Spoiler

According to the Books there was still tons of WF unaccounted for when the Mad king had WF placed under the entire city

As to Margery, interesting theory but like you, do not think she knows about the WF.

14 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:
  Hide contents

According to the Books there was still tons of WF unaccounted for when the Mad king had WF placed under the entire city

As to Margery, interesting theory but like you, do not think she knows about the WF.

Yeah, I don’t see how Marge could possibly know where the pyromancers’ piss is hidden.  That seems more like a job for Varys, who had the ear of Aerys.

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Reveal hidden contents

In fact, the fact that he still loves her in the show can make it way more tragic. Like, he killed Aerys, the man he swore to protect, because Aerys wanted to kill hundreds of innocent people, to burn them all. So Jaime chose to save the people instead of fulfil his duty. If Cersei loses it and tries to burn KL down, Jaime could kill her like he killed Aerys, for the same reason, but this time he would give up on love instead of duty.

It really makes me feel like it's all wraping up.

It's true. I think it'd be really interesting for the Cersei/Jamie story to end like this. Jamie is one of my favorite characters in the books because of his evolution. The relationship with his sister is such a big part of who he is, his entire life is built around it, so watching his whole foundation breaking apart (slowly in the books, abruptly in the show if he kills Cersei) is an intriguing way to develop his character even more. 

In my head I just don't see Jamie in King's Landing in the event Cersei ever went mad, considering how things were left in the books...

"Burn them all" might be Bran/3ER hodoring Mad Aerys' brain in the past, while trying to "burn them all" in the presence. Aerys heard whispers and at this point it is pretty sure, that he wasn't just plainly hearing random voices. 

PS: I haven't read all the posts at this point, so if this repeats sth already discussed, sorry for that

5 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I know that Faceless Men are said to have had a hand in the Doom that blew up Valyria, but why would they have a beef against Cersei?

Doesn't med1 mean the Faith Militant, not Faceless Men?

16 hours ago, Mourneblade said:
  Hide contents

Jamie gonna kill Cersie IMHO

To me, the valenquar plot with jaime and cersei is not as likely as another little brother....no not tyrion!

The hound/grave digger, it makes sense to me (if theorys are correct) that maybe clegane bowl will happen and if he wins, he will see whats been done to his brother...made a monster/abomination against the gods and will seek to give the 7s justice to cersei.

The scene with the wild fire blowing up doesn't look like KL. You can see the pyromancers pouring the WF in the fruit-shaped pots. When it blows up, the room has kegs. My theory is that it is blowing up in summer hall, and Bran is see Aegon die trying to hatch a dragon egg while Rhaegar is born.

24 minutes ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

The scene with the wild fire blowing up doesn't look like KL. You can see the pyromancers pouring the WF in the fruit-shaped pots. When it blows up, the room has kegs. My theory is that it is blowing up in summer hall, and Bran is see Aegon die trying to hatch a dragon egg while Rhaegar is born.

The room with the kegs is the same one holding all the wildfyre that Tyrion is shown in the second series.

18 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

Cersei is not going to burn Kings Landing. Margery is going to burn the Sept. The show has this way of making people know things without explaining how they know in a way that makes sense. This will be one of those times. She finds out that there is wildfire under the Sept, already. 

Shes entirely manipulative and the is no way she's in cahoots with the Faith after what they did to her brother. Plus, it would be just like the show to do something as stupid as having Margery burn the place down, killing herself and Tommen in the process. 

I do like this theory that Margaery will burn King's Landing, though I don't think she'll know about the hidden stashes of wildfire.  Instead she likely smuggles some into the Sept and has it burned down that way.  But then the flames reach the hidden stash and lead to a chain reaction that engulfs the city.

• 4 weeks later...

Did Bran break the Mad King, or at least influence him, on purpose?

The idea of Bran breaking Aerys by mistake and setting everything up seems sorta cheap to me, as I think it does to others. This is all because a time traveler goofed? Whoopsie!

But what if Bran needed the wildfire to be created and hidden beneath King's Landing by Aerys ... entirely so it could be found there 20 years later and used (maybe by Cersei, maybe someone else) to advance Bran's (possibly tragic but nevertheless necessary) anti-zombie agenda?

This seems like it would require all the White Walkers to be in King's Landing, which seems a little bit unlikely. But we do expect snow in a burned-out throne room, after all.

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 3:44 PM, johnatthebar said:

Did Bran break the Mad King, or at least influence him, on purpose?

The idea of Bran breaking Aerys by mistake and setting everything up seems sorta cheap to me, as I think it does to others. This is all because a time traveler goofed? Whoopsie!

But what if Bran needed the wildfire to be created and hidden beneath King's Landing by Aerys ... entirely so it could be found there 20 years later and used (maybe by Cersei, maybe someone else) to advance Bran's (possibly tragic but nevertheless necessary) anti-zombie agenda?

This seems like it would require all the White Walkers to be in King's Landing, which seems a little bit unlikely. But we do expect snow in a burned-out throne room, after all.

I am only posting here to get this dudes face off my mobile.  I can't take it anymore, it's been there for like over a day and i am done.  Someone please give me the gift.

Archived