LSH

Zenthious

42 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I think in the books and probably in the show the pickle she has landed Brienne in will have an impact on them both and possibly Pod and that other guy.  However, I see her as easily replaceable with any other BWB senior member or even, although this is not my preferred option, someone like Sansa or even Arya taking on her avenging role.  It is of course possible that George has other "missions" in mind for LSH aside this Brienne/Jaime predicament.

Well Arya is still in Bravos atm but Arya taking on a revenge plot would tie in with Nymeria's wolf pack very nicely. But there's the blackfish who is still quite hungry for revenge judging from what he said to Jaime (as long as he's alive the war is not over) and Brienne feels strongly about Catelyn too, so LSH is definitely replaceable. 

""Zombie" anything is an abbreviation for "came back from the dead" anything. It's just a simpler, shorter name for it. We say FrankenGregor too, and don't mean that Ser Gregor Clegane/Robert Strong/The Mountain has actually anything to do with Frankenstein. Nobody thinks UnCat/LHS/RevivedCatelyn is a zombie in the Walking Dead sense of the word. "

The term zombie specifically refers to an unfeeling, unintelligent, dead entity which only has the semblance of life. It cannot be used appropriately when referring to a character with feelings and ambitions and desires, certainly not a living character like Jon or LSH. They were resurrected. It might not make any difference if we were discussing a story that didn't actually have zombies, but seeing as how ASOIAF does, you're only making things confusing by referring to people who are most definitely not zombies as zombies.

Very interesting as they now bring in all the storylines from the books as they've run out of source material.  Benjen is back (merged with Coldhands but that is understandable). Why not Lady Stoneheart storyline now since they are going to tell that story this season. Maybe next season Aegon will turn up with Jon Connington, after all it took them long enough to get to Pike and the King's Moot.

4 hours ago, Princess of Ice and Fire said:

Very interesting as they now bring in all the storylines from the books as they've run out of source material.  Benjen is back (merged with Coldhands but that is understandable). 

Which book was it again that Benjen come back in?  Are you saying they're taking that from the books?

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:05 PM, Vastet said:

The term zombie specifically refers to an unfeeling, unintelligent, dead entity which only has the semblance of life. It cannot be used appropriately when referring to a character with feelings and ambitions and desires, certainly not a living character like Jon or LSH. They were resurrected. It might not make any difference if we were discussing a story that didn't actually have zombies, but seeing as how ASOIAF does, you're only making things confusing by referring to people who are most definitely not zombies as zombies.

Maybe in the voodoo, zombie-dust, lobotomized victim sense, but not necessarily in the modern story sense. Lots of examples of 'thinking' zombies out there even if the thinking is limited in some cases. The NK's thralls certainly meet your requirements.

Think about this, though:

Spoiler

Jon, Benjen, LSH, possibly even Beric Dondarrion and Melisandre, weren't 'resurrected.' Their bodies don't seem to be living flesh anymore. In my mind they are more akin to animated corpses which makes the zombie term fit for the purposes of my tongue-in-cheek comment. They don't heal, they still have open stab wounds, loose flesh, open throats. They don't sleep, or particularly eat. They have memory loss, and their personality and demeanor changes somewhat. They all seem to be driven to do extreme things for revenge when maybe that wasn't particularly who they were in life. (LSH kills an innocent/Jon kills Olly(yes, I know)) They may have feelings and ambitions, but they definitely seem darker and colder to me, LSH being the more pronounced example. And I think Jon will display more behavior that seems 'unJon' as we move on. They are definitely more like the undead than like revived living persons. Three undead starks = new force of nature. (there is no R'hllor) To go even further, I can't see Jon accepting a crown either given what he is now.

I would love to get the LSH story. The timing is now perfect for it to happen. She can help her uncle, Arya, nymeria, and Brienne finish the Lannisters and the Freys in the Riverlands. Then Arya can give her the gift of "mercy" and she and the survivors plus the hound head north for Winterfell and the real war that's coming. So LSH can be a quasi cameo. Odds are she's not coming back and it'll be the Blackfish playing the vengeance role with Arya, Nym, and the Hound in the Riverlands. Just please give me Arya, the hound, and Nym and the Wolfpack approaching Winterfell and Ghost running out to meet her. That's the reunion I've been waiting years for. Damn that would be great television. 

Maybe in the voodoo, zombie-dust, lobotomized victim sense, but not necessarily in the modern story sense. Lots of examples of 'thinking' zombies out there even if the thinking is limited in some cases. The NK's thralls certainly meet your requirements.

It is the actual definition of the word. There have been plays on the term yes, and that's my point. In this story with actual mindless zombies who fit the actual definition of the term zombies, vs not mindless people who have never been described as dead and seem alive, it makes no sense at all to refer to resurrected characters as zombies. In fact, in a story called a song of ICE (zombies) and FIRE (resurrected), it makes perfect sense there would be diametrically opposed results when diametrically opposed powers bring the dead to life.

On 31/05/2016 at 0:53 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Which book was it again that Benjen come back in?  Are you saying they're taking that from the books?

Benjen hasn't come back in the books yet. My point was that at the point where they should have had Coldhands he got help from another source and Benjen is fulfilling the same Coldhands role at a later point in the story.

On 5/30/2016 at 8:53 AM, Vastet said:

I've been thinking LSH isn't necessarily gone from the show for a few episodes now. I will not be surprised either way.

I saw someone write something about how it was lsh who hanged septon merribald because the BwB heard him telling the hound about how he killed a child in its mothers arms etc etc etc.

When I read it I thought....yes...this is just shitty enough to be true.

On 6/2/2016 at 0:12 AM, Smoke317 said:

Plus did anyone else notice that one of Bran's "Bloodraven download" visions was of Cat getting her throat cut?  Could this be a foreshadowing of LSH???

yes because apparently there are weirwoods everywhere. The throne room, the great hall at the twins, with a POV view looking down over the red keep (the infamous floating weirwood...also known as morningwood as it has risen over the castle and can see dragon shadows)

5 hours ago, DamonDanceForMe said:

yes because apparently there are weirwoods everywhere. The throne room, the great hall at the twins, with a POV view looking down over the red keep (the infamous floating weirwood...also known as morningwood as it has risen over the castle and can see dragon shadows)

Lol. 

Archived