Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

50 minutes ago, Iona said:

Jamie supposedly being a hero comes from your head, not mine. I was talking of BR's actions, and couldn't give a toss about Jamie. All men are just puppets in the flow of time, and perhaps at times influenced by the admin of the weirnet, as we saw happening with past-Hodor.

I'm thinking of the bigger picture here - if Jamie hadn't finished Aerys, then what would've happened? Surely things wouldn't be as they are now. Perhaps Robert wouldn't have become a king and then Bran would never have fallen from a tower or ended up in the cave to learn what he has learnt by now. If BR did influence things, that would've been to force the future events so that all we've seen by now would happen.

I would hazard a guess that what's to come in the future is far more daunting than any civil war the Planetos has ever seen, save for the Long Night, so collateral damage needs to be endured. If that was why BR messed with Aerys's head, then I cannot label that very villanous.

I'm sorry, but I truly hate the idea that everything happened the way it happened because some puppetmaster in the underground knows better than other peple and works for the greater good.

You may just as well say it was Bloodraven who gave Jaime the idea to push Bran off the tower. It wouldn't explain any mystery, it would cheapen the characters' actions. 

Bloodraven would simply find himself another candidate. Bran's vision from his coma suggest that there have been many before him, who failed. What's one more? Not to mention, where's it given that Brandon wouldn't have been able to father a greenseer on Catelyn? There is nothing special about Ned or Catelyn themselves, so who's to say that Ned's brother wouldn't get the same result with the same woman?

ETA: Unless you mean it as show only stuff, because i could see them doing something of that kind. Have they ever mentioned Duskendale? It's possible they have decided to give Aerys' madness a different cause than in the books. I can't say I like  it though, for pretty much the same reasons. A puppetmaster in the underground, and it turns around the dynamic between the Starks and the Targaryens: it's a Targaryen who fucked the Starks over first, it's a Stark fucking over a Targaryen, which leads to the said Targaryen fucking over Starks.

3 hours ago, lojzelote said:

I'm sorry, but I truly hate the idea that everything happened the way it happened because some puppetmaster in the underground knows better than other peple and works for the greater good.

You may just as well say it was Bloodraven who gave Jaime the idea to push Bran off the tower. It wouldn't explain any mystery, it would cheapen the characters' actions.

Bloodraven would simply find himself another candidate. Bran's vision from his coma suggest that there have been many before him, who failed. What's one more? Not to mention, where's it given that Brandon wouldn't have been able to father a greenseer on Catelyn? There is nothing special about Ned or Catelyn themselves, so who's to say that Ned's brother wouldn't get the same result with the same woman?

ETA: Unless you mean it as show only stuff, because i could see them doing something of that kind. Have they ever mentioned Duskendale? It's possible they have decided to give Aerys' madness a different cause than in the books. I can't say I like  it though, for pretty much the same reasons. A puppetmaster in the underground, and it turns around the dynamic between the Starks and the Targaryens: it's a Targaryen who fucked the Starks over first, it's a Stark fucking over a Targaryen, which leads to the said Targaryen fucking over Starks.

I'm on the same page with you on that it's giving me a bloody headache trying to wrap my mind around the fact that there's a dude who lives in a tree and knows everything that ever happened or will happen in the world. Not to mention that Bran is about to be the same.

We're in a thread that discusses the visions Bran had, and people have thrown it out there that maybe there was another voice on the background that was encouraging Aerys to burn the life out of everyone and everything, perhaps that was BR speaking. We're talking about a particular audiovisual information that we might or might not have been given in that scene, and how we are interpreting it.  We never heard anyone say "Fling him out, do it!" in the background of a flashback where Jaime pushes Bran out of the tower = so no, I may not just as well claim that BR made him do it, and neither can you.

So yes, since we are on the show side of the forum, I try to focus on the information we've been fed in that context. In the show the weirnetting was shown to have the potential to influence the past as it did with Hodor. I don't feel that it's completely implausible that the show might give BR the ability to meddle with stuff, since that's far more potent entertainment than a guy in a tree who just sits and watches.

The visions of the battle of Hardhome and the WW led armies of the dead and in close proximity and repetitive with the wildfire and Aery's "Burn them All". It felt pretty obvious that D&D were hammering "hardhome" the foreshadowing of how the wights can be fought.

I said this 2 weeks ago  (episode 5), and will repeat again. Regular fire did nothing to the NK, but deterred the wights. The dead must be burned to prevent them from becoming wights or to stop them once they turn. If the WW reach KL, the only hope of a fair fight (likely some main characters with valerian steel) is if the wight army is eliminated. For this to occur, anyone and everyone who is not one of our special heroes must burn. Wildfire stashed around the city would be the most effective method. 

However, Tyrion commandeered the WF stash for the battle of Blackwater. Is the WF even still available? Has it been moved? How much is left?

Oh, there's plenty left - I suspect Cercei and Qyburn have plans to use it very very soon.

I can imagine Bran shouting "Burn, burn them all" directed at the dragons fighting the wights up North while simultaneously greenseeing Aerys and the order getting 'hodor'd'.

Archived