Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

Hey guys,

I'm surprised there is no thread about this yet.

Bellow is a link with every image of the visions:

http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new

Summary of the visions in order:

- Pyromancers looking at wildfire pots bellow Kingslanding

- Dragon flying in the sky background - Drogon.

- Dragon's shadow over houses - Kingslanding?

- King Aerys II on the Iron Throne shouting "Burn them All!!!"

- Night's King at Hardome - Jesus pose.

- Bran falling from the tower - 1st episode

- Catelyn Tully dying - cut throat - at the Red Wedding

- Drogon in the sky again + shadow of dragon over houses

- Daenerys "Unburnt" with baby Drogon on her shoulder

- Craster's son being hold by the Night's King

- The complete ritual of the NK turning the baby into a WW

- Pyromancer takes a wildfire pot from the shelf

- Lady Wyldling Wight - Hardome

- Ned Stark (looking at Arya?) + beheading

- A thousand crows flying in the dark

- Pyromancers putting wildfire into another pot

- Aerys II on the throne

- Wildfire explosion in the tunnels at Kingslanding

- Jaime draws his sword in front of Aerys

- Young Ned - "Where is my sister?" - TOJ

- A woman's hand with blood on it, the forearm shows a blue color clothing - bed of blood? - there is also another hand with no clothing - probably another person.

- Jaime stabs Aerys in the back

- Robb is stabbed by Roose Bolton - RW

- Wide shot of an empty Iron Throne and Jaime standing over Aerys body - no one was there?

- COF creating the NK

- WW attacking Jon Snow at Hardome

- Jaime stting on the Iron Throne B)

- Bran touched by the NK

I highlighted the new shots that were never shown before.

Conclusions/Questions

Some visions are from the past and others are from the future.

What are the Pyromancers doing exactly?

Was Bran downloading every memory of the 3EC?
Does Bran have all the powers and knowledge of the 3EC?

Does this confirm Aerys wen mad because of Bran Damage?

Dragons will come to KL before it explodes?

Does Bran know what was in the tower now (TOJ)? Did Bran see it but we the audience were not shown?

What is the relevance of Aerys/Jaime visions to Bran?

Does Bran know about Arya and Sansa? We see Ned's face looking at Arya before beheading?

BOLD PREDICTION

The wildfire explosions are vision of the future. Kingslanding will burn to the ground with a big wildfire explosion in the tunnels bellow Kingslanding.

Thats it guys. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks for the comprehensive list, I was hoping someone had done one :)

I'm not sure what what they mean (if anything) I need to ponder over them for a bit, but I doubt that bran will have had the full 'bef of blood' revelation off screen, I'm confident we will be with him when he sees that later today season :)

ETA could the bloodied hand be Talisa at the Red wedding? 

I think the Jaime's memories are brought to Bran because they're linked to his fall...Even in the books he tries to remember how it happened but he can't make out the face of the man that pushed him,he just sees a shining figure(or something like that)

As to your prediction,I totally agree,KL wil burn to the ground for wildfire or dragonfire or both...

3 minutes ago, dantares83 said:

i wonder what is the significance of showing Aerys...

He gets thrown in a lot of times when people talks about Jaime,and it was cool to see the kingslayer slaying a king...

Great job!

I think however the images with the dragon are the ones from season four. 

D&D said Bran downloaded everything? So this mean he knows everything the Three-Eyed Raven (It is Raven in the show ^_^). And Bran is now called the three-eyed Raven (which does probably just mean the last greenseer?). 

But Bran's powers have always been Bran's. I do not think there happened something of a power transference.  

1 minute ago, Guerì said:

I think the Jaime's memories are brought to Bran because they're linked to his fall...Even in the books he tries to remember how it happened but he can't make out the face of the man that pushed him,he just sees a shining figure(or something like that)

He knows this at some point. I think it is after Cley tells him about the incest. 

The falling, Bran thought, and the golden man, the queen's brother, he scares me too, but mostly the falling. He did not say it, though. How could he? He had not been able to tell Ser Rodrik or Maester Luwin, and he could not tell the Reeds either. If he didn't talk about it, maybe he would forget. He had never wanted to remember. It might not even be a true remembering. (Bran IV)

34 minutes ago, dantares83 said:

i wonder what is the significance of showing Aerys...

That it was Bran who caused his Madness, by shouting to him BURN THEM ALL! Like it is said, that was all he was saying for a time... similair to Hodor. 

Thank you for this thread and the link to the images!

Bloody loved they showed some of Aerys and Jamie doing his Kingslaying bit. Horrible they had to show Catelyn, Ned and Robb all dying but I guess Bran does have to learn how and why, but still, horrible seeing it again :( 

I think they've handled his visions really well so far this series. 

It means that T + J = J + C not T.

Think about it.  In which family does madness lie?  Aegar was mad, Joffrey was mad and it looks like Cersei is about to go quite, quite mad. 

Then we have that hint in the books where one of the Lannister aunts says that Tyrion is Tywin's true son, not Jaime. 

Bran damage :D

Perhaps Aerys wanting to burn the Starks was why the White Walkers mobilised? Or perhaps he was saying burn them all because he was Bran damaged, or Bloodraven damaged?

Jamie on the throne - cool, he will be one version of Azor Ahai. Probably Dany 2 and Jon 3 - but what is Bran's role, I wonder?

The wildfire could be the key to defeating The Others at the end. Bring them all in to Kings Landing, and burn them all. Burn them all could be some instruction Bran is sending Jaime ahead in time.

I think its pretty to safe to predict now that Kings Landing will burn. Dany has also seen the burned ruin of the throne room at the House of the Undying.

1 hour ago, Ugly Little Girl said:

Thanks for the comprehensive list, I was hoping someone had done one :)

I'm not sure what what they mean (if anything) I need to ponder over them for a bit, but I doubt that bran will have had the full 'bef of blood' revelation off screen, I'm confident we will be with him when he sees that later today season :)

ETA could the bloodied hand be Talisa at the Red wedding? 

Watching it again and pausing at that point, it looks like Robb's hand and Talisa's body and then they show Robb's stabbing right afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's Talisa's blood. Although the juxtaposition of 'Where's my sister?" right before could be a form of foreshadowing, using this scene as a way to show us what to expect in the ToJ through the flashback of Robb and Talisa's deaths?

That wildfire explosion is definitely from the future, since KL has never had an explosion like that.  This is their way of foreshadowing Cersei burning KL with the stuff.  

Drogon flying with a blue tinted, stormy looking sky behind him could also be a future vision.  I can't remember him flying with a background like that behind him in any past season.  Could be him during the battle of Meereen or it could be him during Dany's journey across the Narrow Sea, which should be quite bumpy imo.  

Everything else from the vision is from the past I think.  

I thought the focus on wildfire was interesting. I doubt it was so that Bran could discover something specifically about Jamie, rather, the potential for wildfire to help against the WW.

I reckon the 3ER drove the Mad King, mad. Maybe early on in his learning, he made a Bran-sized mistake?

Interesting, Ludo. I hadn't thought of that connection of "where's my sister" and Talisa. I thought, ok, maybe Bran is seeing what became of his family...but that's a far more interesting thought!

15 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

The wildfire could be the key to defeating The Others at the end. Bring them all in to Kings Landing, and burn them all.

:agree:

This!

Bran makes contact with the wrong king and sends him mad? Interesting to see how that plays out but I confess, I did think something similar. Burn them all (with wildfire)! Burn them all (with wildfire)! Side note and completely off topic, apologies, the Mad King sounded a lot like Chris Sabat who voices Vegeta in Dragon Ball :lol:

Archived