Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

11 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

Why would Bran ever reach to Aerys? It doesn't work for me (as he knows in the present that Aerys was mad and killed his family). 

Possible for that very reason. Aerys killed his uncle and grandfather so he could try to reach him to change that.

The bloody hand looks like Ned's hand...not a woman's hand.  He's wearing Stark clothing.  Looks like Lyanna drenched in blood below him.  And it comes after "Where is my sister?"

Our first glimpse of inside the ToJ.

23 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

Why would Bran ever reach to Aerys? It doesn't work for me (as he knows in the present that Aerys was mad and killed his family). 

Perhaps he was learning why the Nights King mobilised. Mad King with a son who he thought was the price that was promised, a son who himself was trying to make Azor Ahai. A Mad King who burnt Ned's dad and older brother.

40 minutes ago, sj4iy said:

The bloody hand looks like Ned's hand...not a woman's hand.  He's wearing Stark clothing.  Looks like Lyanna drenched in blood below him.  And it comes after "Where is my sister?"

It's possible. Also looks like a sword wound on whoever is below the hand. (long slash)

1 hour ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Its also interesting that the vision of a dragon flying over the city (also Kings Landing I presume) is in bright sunlight, most likely in summer.

I hope it is a glimpse of the post-end - summer, with dragons ruling Westeros again.

You want dragons ruling Westeros again?

1 hour ago, sj4iy said:

Its most definitely Lyanna Stark. The hand belongs to Ned. He is wearing similar coloured clothes in the previous screenshot. Robb was wearing Black, so I dont think that was Talia

29 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It's possible. Also looks like a sword wound on whoever is below the hand. (long slash)

I don't see any sword wound...just a streak of blood.

1 minute ago, Daereon Lothston said:

I think that none of the visions comes from the future or that Bran warged the mad king or something like that. It may be clues to fight the white walkers.

I agree...it's no coincidence that we see "Burn them all!" and wildfire in the visions with the White Walkers.

I think it would be poetic for Cersei to burn down Kings Landing. Jamie committed one of the greatest sins (kingslaying) to save the whole city only to have it be his sister/lover that's one that actually destroys it. Cersei has to be killed by a younger brother, so maybe Jamie will have to kill her for destroying Kings Landing.

1 hour ago, Bran Snow said:

I think it would be poetic for Cersei to burn down Kings Landing. Jamie committed one of the greatest sins (kingslaying) to save the whole city only to have it be his sister/lover that's one that actually destroys it. Cersei has to be killed by a younger brother, so maybe Jamie will have to kill her for destroying Kings Landing.

This. And I just watched the Red Wedding scene again and realized that it wasn't Robb's hand covered in Talisa's blood so holy carp, our first glimpse inside the TOJ.

I liked how it switched from Nights King to mad King . Agree with the posts above that wildfire could be vital in defeating the walkers . Is there a deeper connection between Bran and Jaime? 

Pretty sure that Kings landing will burn. Maybe when Drogon flies over Kings landing it is right before KL burns. 

3 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Possible for that very reason. Aerys killed his uncle and grandfather so he could try to reach him to change that.

I get that, but Bran saw the interaction he had with Ned, is a history nerd (knows about the whispers) and has the 3EC uploaded into his memory. I don't think he'll speak to the Mad King at all (could be wrong and could be introduced in a much more intelligent way in the books) 

3 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

Yes, I've been saying this for some time. Margaery's scheming re. the Faith Militant will backfire and Cercei will cause her death (along with Lady Olenna, the HS and others), which in turn will cause Tommen to top himself which will send Cercei over the edge. She'll get Qyburn and the Mountain to raze KL with wildfire and Jaime will have to repeat his role in slaying the crazy person in the throne room - but too late. KL will burn. 

Great work OP. Thanks for this. 

The bloody hand thing = my guess, Lyanna's bloodied bed. 

We know we are going to get a conclusion to the ToJ scene, so that must be from that scene. 

The Mad King flashback is what surprised me the most though - I'm not really sure what purpose having Bran go back and seeing that would serve the show. So far, all of his flashbacks have somehow progressed the viewer's knowledge (Jon's parentage, how the White Walkers were created, etc). 

What benefit could doing the Mad King flashback have? Maybe there's something that happens there that we aren't aware of yet? The stories we were told weren't true? 

Or maybe the theory that Bran was the one that made the Mad King MAD with his whispers, is actually what happened?

7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Yes, I've been saying this for some time. Margaery's scheming re. the Faith Militant will backfire and Cercei will cause her death (along with Lady Olenna, the HS and others), which in turn will cause Tommen to top himself which will send Cercei over the edge. She'll get Qyburn and the Mountain to raze KL with wildfire and Jaime will have to repeat his role in slaying the crazy person in the throne room - but too late. KL will burn. 

Jaime won't be in King’s Landing when Cersei blows the whole city up, immolating herself and everyone else there in her grief over little Tommen’s death.

In the end, Tommen will have been the “little brother” who’s the cause of Cersei’s own death. Tommen dying will put her way far over the edge, and so it can be said that it’s his fault.

Archived