Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

1 minute ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Dragons = Targaryens

Is that not obvious?!

I don't think there will be an Iron Throne at the end of the story. i think the whole kingdom will break apart in to pre-conquest areas. Dany will take her dragons back to essos

At 31 seconds in the video, (the bloody hand on a bloody torso) looks like Neds.

If you look at Neds Bracer, you can see it looks liek leather, with a wave  or hump pattern.  If you look at the hand on the bloody body you can see the same bumps....

I am sure most already agree it is a scene from the TOJ, but I think this helps.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/33wpkpw.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/ibx3kx.jpg

6 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

The wildfire could be the key to defeating The Others at the end. Bring them all in to Kings Landing, and burn them all. Burn them all could be some instruction Bran is sending Jaime ahead in time.

This is brilliant.

5 hours ago, WinterCloak said:

I thought the focus on wildfire was interesting. I doubt it was so that Bran could discover something specifically about Jamie, rather, the potential for wildfire to help against the WW.

I reckon the 3ER drove the Mad King, mad. Maybe early on in his learning, he made a Bran-sized mistake?

Which means Aerys was the visionary Targ, not Rhaegar as he fancied himself to be.

6 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Watching it again and pausing at that point, it looks like Robb's hand and Talisa's body and then they show Robb's stabbing right afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's Talisa's blood. Although the juxtaposition of 'Where's my sister?" right before could be a form of foreshadowing, using this scene as a way to show us what to expect in the ToJ through the flashback of Robb and Talisa's deaths?

As far as i can tell Robb wasnt wearing a bracer at the weddin.  Robb had black clothes on now brown, so I don think it i Talisa.

5 hours ago, Daereon Lothston said:

I think that none of the visions comes from the future or that Bran warged the mad king or something like that. It may be clues to fight the white walkers.

They could be visions of a future than will never happen because Bran will intervene. The same way Daenerys in the House of the Undying saw visions of a future than never happened - She saw her son Rhaego and Drogo alive and well - but that never happened.

I still think the wildfire and dragon's over Kingslanding are visions of the future wether they will happen or not.

What if the "burn them all" voices were from the Night King? In Bran's vision at the beginning of the episode we see him probably sending ravens somewhere (KL?), and right after that we see Aerys screaming "burn them all". And maybe the Night King also had a part in Jamie throwing Bran from that tower. In Bran's vision we see him with open arms, right before Bran falls from the tower. The same happens with Ned Stark execution. Maybe he's a kind of puppet master triggering wars to weaken mankind before his arrival. 

8 hours ago, WinterCloak said:

:agree:

This!

Bran makes contact with the wrong king and sends him mad? Interesting to see how that plays out but I confess, I did think something similar. Burn them all (with wildfire)! Burn them all (with wildfire)! Side note and completely off topic, apologies, the Mad King sounded a lot like Chris Sabat who voices Vegeta in Dragon Ball :lol:

Ha! Nice catch. They do sound similar. Mad King Vegeta has a nice ring to it. 

I have some questions .

- I can get onboard with 3ER driving the mad King mad , but why ?

- Is there a deep connection between Bran and Jaime?

- Is there a connection between white walkers , Kings landing and wildfire ? 

8 hours ago, Black Crow said:

You want dragons ruling Westeros again?

Who doesn't? Aegon Targaryen brought peace to the realm. Jaeharys the old reigned for half a century with the dragons at the height of their power and the realm in peace. The dischord began when the last dragon died. 

I for one am loyal to the true House of Westeros. The family that forged the realm from blood and fire and united it under a single glorious banner. I would follow any Targaryen King or Queen to the death. No other house is fit to rule.

The idea of a "Mad King", I have always thought, was a calumny perpetrated by the usurper and his dogs. Aerys could be harsh, yes. But even his enemies say he ruled well for nigh on 30 years until the dogs of Duskendale seized upon his royal person and left him shaken and wary. Then a Stark arrives at his gates declaring his intention to murder the Crown Prince? That I name Treason - punishable by law with only one penalty.

Aerys II, I believe, will be vindicated by the time this show ends.

And by the way, what followed him? Did the usurper bring peace? No. He raped and murdered and drank and indebted himself, before dying and leaving the realm to a true madman. The only reason this show exists is because the usurper proved himself, time and again, unfit to rule.

4 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

Great work OP. Thanks for this. 

The bloody hand thing = my guess, Lyanna's bloodied bed. 

We know we are going to get a conclusion to the ToJ scene, so that must be from that scene. 

The Mad King flashback is what surprised me the most though - I'm not really sure what purpose having Bran go back and seeing that would serve the show. So far, all of his flashbacks have somehow progressed the viewer's knowledge (Jon's parentage, how the White Walkers were created, etc). 

What benefit could doing the Mad King flashback have? Maybe there's something that happens there that we aren't aware of yet? The stories we were told weren't true? 

Or maybe the theory that Bran was the one that made the Mad King MAD with his whispers, is actually what happened?

Didn't they film it for Season One and then ditch it?  Maybe they're just using old footage they had to add weight to the visions.

Is it just me or is it equally interesting what major event was left out of Bran's vision, and that's Jon getting killed and coming back from the dead. If we see Dany with baby dragons, Mad King, how Cat, Robb and Ned died, wildfire, even TOJ and nothing about Jon's "rebirth" which to be honest, I think has been devalued in the show, what with him getting railroaded by Sansa immediately after resurrection. I'm dying from curiosity about why these particular set of events were shown, why that particular selection by D & D.

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

Didn't they film it for Season One and then ditch it?  Maybe they're just using old footage they had to add weight to the visions.

That didn't look like stock Season One footage though - Jaime looked more recent, and the wildfire preparation scenes seemed to look more like stuff we can expect rather than stuff already shot. For example, compare that to some of the season 1 scenes we got (Bran falling, Ned beheading). 

Who knows - you could be right, but I would imagine that we are getting the Mad King flashback at some point this season. 

8 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Right at the end between shots of Hardhome, there's a curious one of a bunch of wildlings looking at an ice mountain with a topless white walker on horseback and a human holding an axe - what's that about?

I thought that clip was from one of the first scenes where we saw the white walkers on the move, and imagined that they were all wights but hadn't been fully realized at the time. 

I made a video breakdown that goes frame by frame for this vision as well, so much bundled in there - Bran's vision frame by frame

Archived