Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

17 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

BOLD PREDICTION

The wildfire explosions are vision of the future. Kingslanding will burn to the ground with a big wildfire explosion in the tunnels bellow Kingslanding.

I am beginning to believe the same thing. When I made my video I thought it might be showing a relation of what could have happened if Jaime hadn't killed the mad king, but later thought more that the dragon and KL plus the wildfire explosion is more likely a foreshadowing of what will happen to the city.

After watching this several times, a few notable things stand out.

1)  Jon (or Jon's hair) is visible in several of the WW scenes.

2)  Jaime does stab Aerys in the back.  We see this in actuality and later in shadow.

3)  The repetition of scenes

4)  Bran's fall, Jaime's failure, wildfire, Hardhome, the conversion of Craster's sons.

5)  Jaime is in the position to help destroy the WW.  Bran has the knowledge.  Does this tie them together?

So -- I don't find this to be especially compelling storytelling, but is it _possible_ that the burning of Lord Rickard Stark and the choking of his heir Brandon was in fact what triggered the advance of the Others/White Walkers? And that Bran figures this out, then goes back and tries to prevent Aerys from going crazy, and ends up driving him crazy and therefore causing everything in the first place?

1 hour ago, DreamSongs said:

After watching this several times, a few notable things stand out.

1)  Jon (or Jon's hair) is visible in several of the WW scenes.

2)  Jaime does stab Aerys in the back.  We see this in actuality and later in shadow.

3)  The repetition of scenes

4)  Bran's fall, Jaime's failure, wildfire, Hardhome, the conversion of Craster's sons.

5)  Jaime is in the position to help destroy the WW.  Bran has the knowledge.  Does this tie them together?

I think Bran doesn't know yet why he fell. That may be the reason Jaime appears in the visions.

Bran knows he fell from the tower but he doesn't know/remmenber he was pushed by Jaime and that he saw Jaime&Cersei porking.

I think he is repressing that memmory and might be a big reveal latter for him.

This has precedence in the books where Bran allways sees a golden face - Jaime - and is affraid of it, he dreams about falling but he never remmenbers why he fell, he never talks about Jaime and Cersei and what he saw.

12 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I think Bran doesn't know yet why he fell. That may be the reason Jaime appears in the visions.

Bran knows he fell from the tower but he doesn't know/remmenber he was pushed by Jaime and that he saw Jaime&Cersei porking.

I think he is repressing that memmory and might be a big reveal latter for him.

This has precedence in the books where Bran allways sees a golden face - Jaime - and is affraid of it, he dreams about falling but he never remmenbers why he fell, he never talks about Jaime and Cersei and what he saw.

When the 3ER died he "uploaded" everything to Bran.   I took this vision (in part) as showing Bran the history of Westeros.  It was blowing though history so fast we cant understand it, but he can BC he is experiencing it first hand.  

I am pretty sure if Bran can see Jamie kill the mad king, can see R+L=J, can see TOJ, can see WW, can see anything he wants... he can bloody well see who pushed him off the tower.  The question is, does he even care at this point?  

I brought this up in another thread right after the show aired but in his vision 5 minutes and 53 seconds into the episode, you see what looks like a Stark forearm covered in blood and something else covered in blood.  It's right after young Ned says "where's my sister". 

Does everyone else think that's Ned over Lyanna in childbirth?  

10 hours ago, Xarkar said:

At 31 seconds in the video, (the bloody hand on a bloody torso) looks like Neds.

If you look at Neds Bracer, you can see it looks liek leather, with a wave  or hump pattern.  If you look at the hand on the bloody body you can see the same bumps....

I am sure most already agree it is a scene from the TOJ, but I think this helps.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/33wpkpw.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/ibx3kx.jpg

Ok I'm glad someone else is talking about this.  I'm almost positive that is a Stark arm.  Brown leather and green cloth, Stark colors.  And I believe it's Ned's over Lyanna's body.  What else could it be?  I thought maybe Robb over Talisa, but as another poster pointed out in another thread they would just show Robb and not be so vague.  

2 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I brought this up in another thread right after the show aired but in his vision 5 minutes and 53 seconds into the episode, you see what looks like a Stark forearm covered in blood and something else covered in blood.  It's right after young Ned says "where's my sister". 

Does everyone else think that's Ned over Lyanna in childbirth?  

I do. When I looked at the scenes frame by frame for my video it looks like the same clothing Ned is wearing, he has laced up sleeves. Think it is fairly indisputable that it inside the TOJ

5 minutes ago, PetePeppersHouseStark said:

I do. When I looked at the scenes frame by frame for my video it looks like the same clothing Ned is wearing, he has laced up sleeves. Think it is fairly indisputable that it inside the TOJ

We may finally get confirmation this season of what we have believed to be true for so many years.  This is probably the biggest media spoiler of all time.  I can't believe George hasn't finished the book before this reveal.  It's kind of a slap in the face to the readers in my opinion. 

The wildfire exploding in the tunnels is a vision of the future. I believe somebody else mentioned this, but Dany had that vision of a wrecked throne room with snow (or maybe ash, but I'm pretty sure it was snow) falling into it when she went to the house of the undying. King's Landing is going to burn, and I'm guessing it will be this season.

1 minute ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

The wildfire exploding in the tunnels is a vision of the future. I believe somebody else mentioned this, but Dany had that vision of a wrecked throne room with snow (or maybe ash, but I'm pretty sure it was snow) falling into it when she went to the house of the undying. King's Landing is going to burn, and I'm guessing it will be this season.

The great throne room where sits the Iron Thrones had been seriously put to the torch in that vision.  You could tell by the burnt-out roof letting in the falling snow.

Thanks for the thread. Mysterious shots so far, I like it.

Bran damaging King Aerys, as some people discuss here? I don't see it, would not fit this description of Aerys who did mad things for quite some time before ordering the destruction of King's Landing. But why else would they take time to produce those scenes...

46 minutes ago, Fearodh said:

Thanks for the thread. Mysterious shots so far, I like it.

Bran damaging King Aerys, as some people discuss here? I don't see it, would not fit this description of Aerys who did mad things for quite some time before ordering the destruction of King's Landing. But why else would they take time to produce those scenes...

Just to show that BR's uploaded his memories in Bran. 

4 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Also why does Jaime have short hair in the flashback of him stabbing Aerys?  

Because of continuity errors. They were carefull to film it in a way we never see his face, they shoot it from behind him, then a wideshot, and finally sitting on the throne with a shadow over his face.

Otherwise they would have to cast a "younger Jaime" like they did with Ned.

21 hours ago, The Imp slap said:

Why would Bran ever reach to Aerys? It doesn't work for me (as he knows in the present that Aerys was mad and killed his family). 

Because had that King paid any attention to what was happening beyond the wall the White Walkers could have been stopped before they even started?

17 hours ago, LordImp said:

I liked how it switched from Nights King to mad King . Agree with the posts above that wildfire could be vital in defeating the walkers . Is there a deeper connection between Bran and Jaime? 

Pretty sure that Kings landing will burn. Maybe when Drogon flies over Kings landing it is right before KL burns. 

I think wildfyre will only be important in defeating the WW because it will burn down KL (Cersei will be responsible, she's a fire starter), only when KL is obliterated will human minds concentrate on the real threat beyond the wall. When Dany gets to KL, as in her vision, it will already be a pile of ashes and she'll realise the folly of seeking to claim the throne in those circumstances.

Archived