(spoilers, probably) Arya's fate

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

I have to wonder if she meets up with Brienne soon. Brienne heading to the RL and Arya heading out of Braavos ( I assume ). Maybe she heads to the the area and hears about people rallying to Sansa's aid?

She will meet up with the Hound again, and then presumably, they will wreak havoc in the riverlands, where her wolf will likely die also,  and then they will go north.  I don't see what purpose Arya and Brienne would have together, especially since Arya/Hound is the best brah trip buddies we've seen so far.  

A life must be taken to fulfill the debt owed.   Jaqen indicated it would either be the actress or Arya, but I don't think he'll care as long as someone dies.  So, Arya will kill the Waif and Jaqen will claim the scale balanced and order Arya to leave.

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

that was the books. She never drank the potion in the show. The kindly man drank the potion to pay for the life that was not taken. Arya began to pull the faces off until she reached her own and then just went blind. The waif who turned into Jaq'en said the faces are poison to her because she was not no one...

Dude, that was a stunt to misguide her. She DID drink the potion. It was hocus pocus.

I would love it if the Waif is really being tested - it makes sense in many ways. But unfortunately with the show, what you see is what you get and what I see is Arya was tested (Jaqen told her she was getting another chance, there won't be more, etc.) and she didn't go through with it and now needs to kill the waif and either give Jaqen her face or just get the hell of out of there afterwards.

1 hour ago, Bloodmane said:

At this point only a plot-armour stands between Arya and certain death. Unfortunately GRRM's pen slashes easily through plot-armour.

I read a while ago that Arya is GRRM's SO's favourite character in AsOIAF, and that she would be very upset with George if he killed off Arya. I'm holding out hope on that one.

2 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

A life must be taken to fulfill the debt owed.   Jaqen indicated it would either be the actress or Arya, but I don't think he'll care as long as someone dies.  So, Arya will kill the Waif and Jaqen will claim the scale balanced and order Arya to leave.

Is that what he said? I thought he said a debt is owed and a face will go upon the wall, he never said Arya or the actress, only a life. COuld also be the waif's face. 

31 minutes ago, Olorin81 said:

Well we see Arya get needle(her sword) out of hiding. So it's pretty obvious she's going to kill Waif. I have no idea what Arya is gonna do after that. If she goes back to Westeros, where will she go?

She will go to the Riverlands, where she will presumably meet the Hound and her wolf pack.  There, she will kill or engineer the death of Walder Frey, probably her wolf will die also, and then she will head North.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

She will go to the Riverlands, where she will presumably meet the Hound and her wolf pack.  There, she will kill or engineer the death of Walder Frey, probably her wolf will die also, and then she will head North.

The Hound is dead. Arya left him to die slowly. I think bringing him back would take away from that scene, and what real purpose would it serve but only to have him and Arya together on screen again?

Remember in the teaser before season 6 started, there was a brief scene looking at the back of (presumably) Arya leaping from a roof somewhere, with what now turns out to be likely Needle in her hand? I'm presuming we will see this scene next week?

7 minutes ago, Olorin81 said:

The Hound is dead. Arya left him to die slowly. I think bringing him back would take away from that scene, and what real purpose would it serve but only to have him and Arya together on screen again?

I guarantee you the Hound isn't dead.  I don't know what purpose it might serve except that Arya & the Hound were a very popular duo, but the fact that the Hound has been brought up in Arya's scenes a few times now, cements the fact that she will see him again.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why suddenly bring back Nymeria all of a sudden after 5 seasons just to kill her off? Seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Because they're going to kill all the wolves.

If you are right, I think they would just "do the deed" off screen and show Nymeria's dead body, or something inexpensive like that. They are already super cheap about Ghost. Also, they never implied on the show the warging and connection between Arya and Nym that the books have. This makes it a lot less emotionally important to have Nym back in the mix.

OTOH, as you know, one of the running titles for book 6 was "A Time for Wolves". I always assumed that meant the resurgence of the Starks, but maybe it really meant "A Time for Wolves"... to be killed off...

Just now, JMJ said:

I'

If you are right, I think they would just "do the deed" off screen and show Nymeria's dead body, or something inexpensive like that. They are already super cheap about Ghost. Also, they never implied on the show the warging and connection between Arya and Nym that the books have. This makes it a lot less emotionally important to have Nym back in the mix.

OTOH, as you know, one of the running titles for book 6 was "A Time for Wolves". I always assumed that meant the resurgence of the Starks, but maybe it really meant "A Time for Wolves"... to be killed off...

LOL.  You might have something there.

I'm not sure the warging is necessary for the show, the Starks had strong connections to their wolves in the first few seasons and people automatically 'get' that emotional attachment.  It's possible they won't bring Nymeria back, because if a single wolf CGI is difficult I would imagine a wolf pack is 100x more difficult, or as you say, give her a lame death like Shaggydog got. Or, they could leave Nymeria out, and just have Arya kill Walder Frey, no wolf needed.

Me, personally, with Shaggydog AND Summer's death, and the theory that Ghost will die before Jon gets a dragon...it seems more and more likely that all the wolves will die.  OTOH, Nymeria is the only one who has lived Ned Stark's advice that when winter comes, the lone wolf dies, the pack survives.  Lady, Grey Wind, Shaggydog, Summer & Ghost are all lone wolves.  That would be the only slim thread on which to think she might survive.  But, I've given on hope on anyone I care about surviving the end at this point, except for Bran.

In the books Ghost was always portrayed as the alpha of the pack. Nymeria was very subservient to his lead. I'm expecting Ghost and Nym to be the alpha male and female of the biggest Wolfpack Westeros had ever seen. At least in the books. It'll be sweet as hell if the show did the same. 

20 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

I wish Arya would just leave this disappointing plotline and return to Westeros ASAP, but I'm sure the Waif is actually the one failing tests and not Arya. 

Anyway, I hope Arya's fate includes a costume change. The one she has been wearing during the last episodes is awfully unflattering, especially with her hair tied up on the sides.

I don't mind the Costume, but yes the hairstyle makes her look like a man face. 

Speaking of fate, I think its the Waif's test since she's not acting very faceless holding a death grudge on Arya. I can't wait for this story to be over. It was a fairly boring story line in the show. Oyster Clams and Cockles, and "It Is Known", will haunt me the rest of my life. 

Archived