DCEU: The Wings of Liberty Have Lost Some Feathers

JGP

48 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Justice League! The tone of that trailer is so unbelievably different than BvS, it's actually jarring. Can't believe they gave us that -- they're really trying to win people back.

Well that certainly looks a lot funnier than expected.

I also liked the Wonder Woman trailer. Despite feeling a bit out of place she was one of my favourite things about BvS so I'm kinda looking forward to her solo movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Do like the look of him in the recent comics with the dark suit.

Wouldn't mind if they do that, for part or whole of the film.

Would also be a nice throwback to Death of Superman.  Although this Superman doesn't have a Fortress of Solitude.  They can skip the mullet though...

• 2 weeks later...

They are reportedly adapting Hush and Death in the Family into two animated movies too.

Hush is fine, but I can see DITF having the same problems Killing Joke had. It's a simple and not very much complex story, I don't think we need a full film based on it. Besides, Under the Red Hood already told that plot in a very effective way. We shall see.

4 hours ago, Steelborn said:

They are reportedly adapting Hush and Death in the Family into two animated movies too.

Hush is fine, but I can see DITF having the same problems Killing Joke had. It's a simple and not very much complex story, I don't think we need a full film based on it. Besides, Under the Red Hood already told that plot in a very effective way. We shall see.

Well they can always flesh out DITF by having a backstory where Batman has sex with one of his underlings prior to the main story? In this case it would have to be Jason Todd. So they could help establish just how important Robin is to Batman. It worked so well in Killing Joke.

Hush would probably be fun as we'd get to see plenty of characters and the plot lends itself well to short animated films.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Affleck does with the role... By now we have a good idea of Henry Cavill's Superman, but as Batman is the soul of the DCU, a lot rests on BA's shoulders.... Gal Gadot looks like she was born for this role...

On the TV side... --IMO-- it's better that they stay kind of goofy.... as a general feel/direction, the movies seem to be dark...  but I think its smart that they create a stark contrast --product wise-- between the two mediums

The goggles make him a bit too Nite Owl, so like Leap says kind of hoping they're temporary.

But generally I quite like the more armoured look, especially for folk who, aside from being outrageously skilled ninjas, are human. His suit in BvS was at least mostly bulletproof (though not totally knife resistant) but didn't really look it, so I think I prefer this one. I did really like his heavily armoured suit actually, but like Stark's Hulkbuster, I'm not going to start questioning why he's doesn't use it all the time.

Archived