End of plots

Marada78

If either Cercei or Margery are still alive, neither are going to simply hand over the throne to Daenerys. Contrary to the propaganda Dany was fed, she has no support in Westeros and i doubt Varys can change that - he doesn't deal in manipulating the masses. No, Dany will need to TAKE it - if there's anyone left to take it from. But whichever way, it will be an empty prize given imminent developments up north.

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

If either Cercei or Margery are still alive, neither are going to simply hand over the throne to Daenerys. Contrary to the propaganda Dany was fed, she has no support in Westeros and i doubt Varys can change that - he doesn't deal in manipulating the masses. No, Dany will need to TAKE it - if there's anyone left to take it from. But whichever way, it will be an empty prize given imminent developments up north.

I think she will face no opposition, her army will play its part against White Walkers but she will find only a burned ruins of King's Landing.

10 hours ago, Minuteman said:

However, if Tommen dies without heir

Tommen released Jaime from the Kingsguard, making him both eligible and the next in line to be heir, being Tommen's closest and oldest male relative. If both Kevan and Lancel die before or with Tommen, there will literally be no one other than Jaime with any claim to the throne—Tyrion's wanted for Joffrey's murder, all other Lannisters are dead, all other Baratheons are dead, and there's no one to make Gendry a legitimate Baratheon even if he was around.

2 minutes ago, imaginepageant said:

Tommen released Jaime from the Kingsguard, making him both eligible and the next in line to be heir, being Tommen's closest and oldest male relative. If both Kevan and Lancel die before or with Tommen, there will literally be no one other than Jaime with any claim to the throne—Tyrion's wanted for Joffrey's murder, all other Lannisters are dead, all other Baratheons are dead, and there's no one to make Gendry a legitimate Baratheon even if he was around.

Ah, good point. That should give something for Cercei to live for, but ironically it won't occur to her until too late!

5 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Contrary to the propaganda Dany was fed, she has no support in Westeros and i doubt Varys can change that - he doesn't deal in manipulating the masses. No, Dany will need to TAKE it

Varys will probably succeed in getting Dorne on her side, and since Dorne's largely stayed out of the war and thus haven't suffered many losses, their army should be pretty big compared to the forces left in King's Landing or anywhere else that might oppose her. She'll still need to take it by force, though... well, depending on who currently holds power. The Lannisters definitely wouldn't relinquish the throne. The Tyrells might; they're smart enough to know a lost cause when they see it, and would likely cut their losses and make an alliance with Dany to save their House.

My predictions:

Cersei sets off wildfire in the Sept. Multiple deaths, one of which is Margaery, possibly Tommen, although rumor has him dying another way. Loras is severely burned and is so upset that Cersei caused the death of his sister and out of his mind, kills Cersei in a fury. By now Jaime has made it back to Kings Landing only in time to see Loras kill his sister. He kills him. Then he leaves the south and goes north.

Daenarys defeats the Masters and makes a deal with one of the Iron Island factions, I'm guessing Yara and Theon because I don't think Theon's arc is over, and sets sail for Westeros. Euron becomes a Krispy Kreme.

The Wall falls and the WWs and their wights invade Westeros.

We will have multiple deaths. Hopefully this episode is magnificent, because what follows it is eight or nine months of living off rumors and fuming over cliffhangers.

On 09/06/2016 at 1:24 PM, House Cambodia said:

Either Jaime himself or a girl wearing a face ... 

I hope Arya gets to kill someone (big) of her list, at least. Cersei would be great, Walder Frey too. 

But in the end, I think Jaime will kill Cersei... (that would be awesome too.)

My prediction is that Cersei will blow up the sept from underneath with the leftover caches of wildfire. Given then we've had several examples and foreshadowing discussing Cersei's ineptitude, and her not being nearly as clever or smart as she thinks she is, there will be unintended consequences. I think Bran's visions foretold that when she lights up the sept, the fire will unknowingly spread throughout the city. If she doesn't blow the entire city, she will at least destroy the Red Keep. I've heard rumors and predictions that Tommen leaps to his death in despair over Marg dying. I'm doubting this, Tommen is sweet and easily manipulated but he's not an idiot. My predication is that he's thrown out of a window in the explosion OR he leaps to his death rather that burning alive. 

Predicted King's Landing deaths: In the wildfire - HS, the Septa, Loras, Marg, Lancel, Kevan, Tommen (out of a window, it is known) and all Sparrows, plus numerous civilians.

Additional casualties - Qyburn a le little birds. He thinks he is manipulating them, but I'm sure Varys is still in touch and orders his death. 

Next season I'm sure will be Cersei's death, IMO at the hands of Jaime. He stabbed his king in the back to save King's Landing. He watched his son die, then his daughter, he will not keep his sanity when he learns that Tommen's death was on Cersei's hands. I think he will finally see her as her true self and fulfill the Valonqar profecy, all due to Cersei's insane attempts to stop it. Afterwards, I'm sure Jaime will do something suicidal, but I can't forsee him living too long after Cersei dies. 

Obviously at this point, we all know the Starks will take back Winterfell. I don't think they'll name Jon KotN, and even if they did I don't forsee Jon wanting that. He is a broken man right now, and he's not interested in ruling, he cares only about stopping the Others. IMO Sansa will be named Queen, upon Rickon's certain death and she and Jon will work side by side to prepare for Winter while Jon rallies the houses to the cause.

Bran and Meera will return to the wall, and have his ToJ vision discovering Jon's parentage. Considering that a STARK must always be in Winterfell, and that Winterfell was meant to be ruled by Starks, if R+L= J then it's likely Rhaegar married Lyanna making Jon a Targaryen, thus not really meant to rule in the North. 

Not thinking we will see anymore of Arya this season. 

Varys, he's either going to Dorne or KL but my guess is Dorne to rally their support for Dany. IMO they will be eager to join her cause. 

And as far as Dany, I'm thinking she's going to very much destroy the Masters. I'm still split between which Greyjoy members she will side with, but I cannot see her willingly going with Euron unless he has something of great use to her. It's likely to be whoever gets to Mereen first, and it will be some BS if that's Euron because he barely began building ships last we saw him.

And the BWB are going to go North and join the Starks. They were Stark men to start, and both are fighting the same fight. Sandor will likely join them, I mean where else is he going to go?

13 hours ago, imaginepageant said:

The crown can only be passed to blood descendants of a previous monarch. The Barratheons had a Targaryan grandmother which is how they were able to lay plausible claim. Jaime is a Lannister with no Targaryan blood and hence no claim. Cersei's sole hold on royal power perishes with the last of her children. If Tommen dies without an heir Dany is the only one who has a plausible claim as she is the only one of known legitimate Targaryan blood still alive in the world (even if R+L=J is true who has the universal recognized authority to declare him a legitimate Targaryan heir?). So either Dany assumes the IT without resistance (which seems very anti-climactic at this point) or Tommen leaves an heir in Margaery's belly that can keep the Lannisters and the Tyrells in weak alliance to provide some core of resistance to Dany's invasion. Again, my bet is that Dany faces resistance on landing and Varys went to Dorne to secure their allegiance. So it will be Tyrell-Lannister vs. Targ-Martell while the North is left to face the NK. The Hightowers at this point are non-entities in the show and the Ironborn too minor to do anything other than provide a navy to one of the other factions.

1 hour ago, Minuteman said:

The crown can only be passed to blood descendants of a previous monarch. The Barratheons had a Targaryan grandmother which is how they were able to lay plausible claim. Jaime is a Lannister with no Targaryan blood and hence no claim. Cersei's sole hold on royal power perishes with the last of her children. If Tommen dies without an heir Dany is the only one who has a plausible claim as she is the only one of known legitimate Targaryan blood still alive in the world

The Baratheon claim was about conquest, not blood. If they were still respecting the Targaryen bloodline, Viserys would have been the rightful king after Rhaegar's death, and Daenerys after him. Obviously, that isn't what happened. And if Viserys had no claim then, Daenerys certainly wouldn't be given a claim now. Robert essentially ended the Targaryen dynasty and began the Baratheon dynasty.

The proper line of succession in the books would have been Robert, Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella, Stannis, Shireen, Renly, then possibly Edric Storm (if legitimized) or some Baratheon cousin from a different branch of the House. In the show, however, Edric Storm doesn't exist and his counterpart, Gendry, was never acknowledged by Robert and is currently missing, and there are presumably no Baratheon cousins, as no other branch of the House has ever been mentioned. So, without any possible heirs in the Baratheon bloodline, there would be three possibilities: A. the Crown simply dies out and the Seven Kingdoms are disbanded into separate entities (highly unlikely), B. the last monarch's closest male relative from his mother's bloodline would become his heir (in this case, Jaime Lannister), or C. a Great Council would be held to choose a new king. I suppose there might also be a fourth option, D. another House wins the throne by conquest. Dany will probably do this eventually, but in the meantime, I could see the Tyrells attempting to take over by conquest.

19 hours ago, Minuteman said:

Dany is the only one who has a plausible claim as she is the only one of known legitimate Targaryan blood still alive in the world (even if R+L=J is true who has the universal recognized authority to declare him a legitimate Targaryan heir?).

Look at it from the perspective of a Grand Council.  Daenerys says that she is Rhaella's daughter.  Is Aerys her father?  Are we sure?  Jon says that he is Lyanna's son.  Rhaegar and Lyanna eloped (yes, married), and Bran even confirms it, through his visions.  Even without Bran's confirmation, Jon's claim is really the better one.  There are no living witnesses for either line, unless a wandering Septon comes forward to testify about a marriage that he performed fro Rhaegar. 

18 hours ago, imaginepageant said:

The Baratheon claim was about conquest, not blood. If they were still respecting the Targaryen bloodline, Viserys would have been the rightful king after Rhaegar's death, and Daenerys after him. Obviously, that isn't what happened. And if Viserys had no claim then, Daenerys certainly wouldn't be given a claim now. Robert essentially ended the Targaryen dynasty and began the Baratheon dynasty.

The proper line of succession in the books would have been Robert, Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella, Stannis, Shireen, Renly, then possibly Edric Storm (if legitimized) or some Baratheon cousin from a different branch of the House. In the show, however, Edric Storm doesn't exist and his counterpart, Gendry, was never acknowledged by Robert and is currently missing, and there are presumably no Baratheon cousins, as no other branch of the House has ever been mentioned. So, without any possible heirs in the Baratheon bloodline, there would be three possibilities: A. the Crown simply dies out and the Seven Kingdoms are disbanded into separate entities (highly unlikely), B. the last monarch's closest male relative from his mother's bloodline would become his heir (in this case, Jaime Lannister), or C. a Great Council would be held to choose a new king. I suppose there might also be a fourth option, D. another House wins the throne by conquest. Dany will probably do this eventually, but in the meantime, I could see the Tyrells attempting to take over by conquest.

It doesn't work that way, at least not in European traditions on which Martin has based Westeros. Like any other title the crown only passes to blood descendants of the person previously holding the title. It cannot be passed to or through consorts. Look at Queen Anne of Britain, last of the Stuart line, and how the crown passed not to or through her royal husband, the King Consort who was a prince of Denmark, but rather to the Hanoverian line as they were the closest living blood relation to a previous sitting monarch. There are many examples of this happening but the Hanoverian house of Britain was the most stark. So the Lannisters are out. Jaime can now inherit Casterly Rock but not the crown.

2 hours ago, MtnLion said:

Look at it from the perspective of a Grand Council.  Daenerys says that she is Rhaella's daughter.  Is Aerys her father?  Are we sure?  Jon says that he is Lyanna's son.  Rhaegar and Lyanna eloped (yes, married), and Bran even confirms it, through his visions.  Even without Bran's confirmation, Jon's claim is really the better one.  There are no living witnesses for either line, unless a wandering Septon comes forward to testify about a marriage that he performed fro Rhaegar. 

Dany is widely known to be the daughter of the Mad King as Viserys was known to be his son. There really are none who challenge this so nothing to prove on her part. Robert laid claim to the throne because the Mad King was mad and had alienated all of the other great houses. None of them rose up to throw down Rob because he did have a rightful claim being a blood relation through legitimate issue from a previous sitting monarch. The fact that there were better claimants (Dany and Viserys) doesn't render his claim invalid. Other than the Barratheons there are no rightful claimants so the Lannisters are out once the last of Cersei's 'Barratheon' children die. It's not really addressed in the show but is well covered in the books.

So I say again if Tommen dies there is no one beyond Dany that can unite the other great houses in recognition to her claim on the IT unless a new heir emerges. She would be coronated by universal assent. It's just not the direction I see the show going. Bookwise Margaery mey be pregnant, or at least claim to be pregnant, by Joffrey. She could say (and it may be true who knows) that she had pre-marital relations with Joffrey and was taking moon tea to ensure that she would remain barren until Tommen came of age and could consummate the marriage. But since her incarceration she has certainly been celibate and following Tommens death she can oh joy of joys find herself pregnant having only been bedded by Joffrey, whom she married, so her unborn child is a legitimate heir. This keeps the other houses from uniting behind Stannis or fAegon while Dany is still wasting wasting wasting her time in Mereen. In the show, of course, this is not possible.

On June 15, 2016 at 7:27 AM, imaginepageant said:

That puts Jaime back in line for Casterly Rock not Kings Landing.  Tommen claims the throne through his father Robert, not his mother Cersei, so for the same reason Cersei has no claim to the throne Jaime has none either.  Selwyn Tarth, Briennes father is the heir on paper.

Cersei will set off wildfire which will burn down the Sept and some of Kings Landing. Margaery will die in the action.

A despondent Tommen will go to Cersei and she will tell him everything and this will lead him to commit suicide. Cersei will find him and have no real emotion towards it.  She will send a letter to Jaime explaining everything and state how they are the only two who matter.

Jaime will receive the letter before he is ready to leave Riverrun and will toss it in the fire.

On June 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Minuteman said:

Possible. I've always been wrong on my predictions concerning story arcs so the tradition will likely continue. However, if Tommen dies without heir

You mean without issue, not without heir. A monarch always has an heir, no matter what. It just might not be a universally recognized and agreed-upon one.

On June 15, 2016 at 0:07 AM, House Cambodia said:

If either Cercei or Margery are still alive, neither are going to simply hand over the throne to Daenerys.

Even if either Cersei or Magaery is still live, neither is going to be happy letting any other queen take that role unto herself.

On 2/6/2016 at 10:33 AM, Marada78 said:

Seven great families heirs:

- Dorne --> none

- Tyrell --> Loras, he's not going to last, no one after him

- Stormlands --> none 

- Riverlands --> Edmure, not going to last, no one after him

- Vale --> sweet robin, not going to last, no one after him

- Lannister --> complicated, there are many possibilities but somehow I feel they all are going to die, except Tyrion

- Stark --> complicated, like Lannisters many will die, Bran will stay outside politics, Maybe Sansa wiill the remaining one.

Actually that is a common mistake. The fact that we haven't seen more members from a family doesn't mean that there are no other members like cousins or so on.

Beyond-the-Wall:  Bran, ToJ vision w/ Lyanna (5 min)

Winterfell: Jon & Sansa, Sansa & LF, Jon/Melisandre/Davos, white raven signaling winter (15 min)

The Twins: Walder Frey & Jaime Lannister, Frey pies, Arya (7 min)

King's Landing:  Cersei burns the Sept, lots of characters die, Tommen dies, Little Birds scene (18 min)

Meereen: Dany & Daario, Dany & Tyrion, Jorah returns, (15 min)

Oldtown:  Sam talks to a maester (5 min)

Dorne: Ellaria receives Olenna and/or Varys (4 min)

69 minutes.

Absent:  Euron, Brienne (?), The Hound (?), The Brotherhood without Banners (?)

Archived