Sam Stealing Heartsbane

26 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I have for some time had a pet speculative theory that Sam's important contribution will be to re learn the method for making Valyrian steel. It seems that the main ingredient (dragon fire) has reappeared in the world and Sam is headed to the one place where knowledge of how to make it may still be preserved. In the books, he encounters a person who is especially likely to know that secret if it still exists. 

It is possible that heartsbane will assist him in learning how to make Valyrian steel. I

What if you don't require Dragon fire, but just Dragon glass...

We already know a Valyrian steel sword can be reforged without dragon fire (but only 3 people have the skill to do so). Maybe you need to include dragon glass, in some kind of steel mixture in order to create valyrian steel?

I mean it does make sense that you need either Magic  OR dragons, but I wonder if it is simpler than that.

I do agree that Sam will be the one to figure out how to make it.  He needs heartsbane to examine and figure out what it is made of then he just needs to figure out hwo to forge it.   Unless of course teh citadel has all that knowledge already.

18 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Sam doesn't need Heartsbane to become maester. And valyrian steel is so valuable that it would be plausible for randyll to go out with army to get it back.

Yeh I kno he doesn't need it to be a maester I'm  sayin he took it to study it in general. Also you don't need an army to get a sword back from your son lol. I could see if another house battled the tarlys and stole it but that didn't happen. His son stole it. There no point to bring an army. Sam has no army he is one guy.

2 hours ago, Shane snow said:

Yeh I kno he doesn't need it to be a maester I'm  sayin he took it to study it in general. Also you don't need an army to get a sword back from your son lol. I could see if another house battled the tarlys and stole it but that didn't happen. His son stole it. There no point to bring an army. Sam has no army he is one guy.

But you must admit that Randyll won't let his fat son to escape with his sword. He may sent some armed riders to get it back from him.

• 3 months later...

Archived