Will Rob's will surface making Jon King in the North?

Drogo_1

1 minute ago, ShadowKitteh said:

This. 

Plus, don't Cat and Robb only talk about a will? There's really no time to really do anything. 

Or am I not remembering all of it?

In the books. There was no such discussion on the show as Robb's Queen was pregnant with his heir and was at his side.

6 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

This. 

Plus, don't Cat and Robb only talk about a will? There's really no time to really do anything. 

Or am I not remembering all of it?

In the books, Cat and Robb talk about the will, and at the end of the same chapter Robb makes his bannerman sign that will, so it definitely exists, though we don't know where it is.

In the show, there is no will, they don't even discuss the possibility. It wouldn't make sense anyway, since Talisa is pregnant, and they know that Bran and Rickon are alive - at least they are not convinced that they are dead.

27 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Yes. I remember. Which is why I'm always baffled why people bring it up at all, show or books.

The show is so different at this point it will not matter. Look at Dany and Viserys, everyone knew who they were but they had no army to give them the might to take the Iron throne anyway. Dany does now but they had known blood, claim. Look at the incest bastards, everyone accepts that they are illegit but with the Tyrells, who on Westeros could stop them unless everyone else united? Wills and claims mean nothing anyway unless you have the military might to back it up, especially when everyone else has their own agenda.

19 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

There’s zero reason for a will to show up when it isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.  They’ve already shown how such things don’t matter when Cersei tore up Robert’s will naming Eddard Lord Protector of the Realm.  We won’t have a rerun of that same lesson. As Varys taught us, Power resides where men believe it resides.  

Well, that or dragons. When staring down a dragon like Balerion the Black whose jaws alone were large enough to swallow a mammoth in a single gulp, it’s rather hard to argue that belief has any bearing on where power resides.  Sometimes Cersei my dear, Power is power.

Drogon is said to be Balerion come again.  We haven’t seen him that big yet, but we have two more season-jumps to go for him to grow bigger across, and I’m hoping we do.

I still think the will could be important in the books if Robb has disinherited Sansa. LF's whole plan with HtH could partly crumble if she can't have WF or any lands in the North for that matter.

5 hours ago, Les Météores D said:

I still think the will could be important in the books if Robb has disinherited Sansa. LF's whole plan with HtH could partly crumble if she can't have WF or any lands in the North for that matter.

And who would even have the will at this point? And more importantly, who would care?

I don't think it's mattered in the books since the Red Wedding.

21 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

And who would even have the will at this point? And more importantly, who would care?

I don't think it's mattered in the books since the Red Wedding.

I think it did, much is made (in the books) of the North's loyalty to Starks and they would likely respect Robb's will, had they learned about it.

Despite all this 'only power matters' talk, birth and wills matter as well, especially among honorable people. Even show Jon rides partly on this - I really doubt he could hope for any northern support if he was Winterfell's stableboy number six, not 'Ned's son'.

32 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Despite all this 'only power matters' talk, birth and wills matter as well, especially among honorable people. Even show Jon rides partly on this - I really doubt he could hope for any northern support if he was Winterfell's stableboy number six, not 'Ned's son'.

Hodor?

32 minutes ago, Rhaegar the Unworthy said:

Don't believe Robb had a will in the show...?

im looking forward to it possibly playing a role in the books

He didn't.  Maybe they'll film a flashback scene, which would be great.  We'd get to see a bit more of ROBB

Robb was more naive than Ned. At least in the flashbacks, it showed Ned was ok with stabbing people in the back for the greater good. The only commitment Rob showed to 'the game' was Not trading Jamie for his two sisters. As this episode showed, Robb's stock has fallen in the North. 

Yup, and Sansa and Jon need to repair Stark name and why "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell". They need to bring that "wolf bite" to House Stark.

Robb fucked up pretty bad, and I really understand Lord Glover for saying "Fuck you!" to Jon and Sansa. The main obligation of liege lord is to provide safety and protection to his vassals, and clearly Robb did not deliver as with ironborn invasion. Clearly, he was in the south, but explain that to countless dead northmen and their families.

If there is a will, who would have it? Little Miss Mormont clearly doesn't given her dig at Jon's last name. If the Glovers have it, they clearly don't care about it. The Umbers or Karstarks? Well in that case Ramsay has it. Manderlys? The show has barely even mentioned them, so that seems unlikely.

There is no will on the show and it's pretty clear. It would make things just too smooth and clearly Northerners doesn't give a damn about Robb anyway. While people bitch about it but it's logical. Robb fucked up big time. He led them to death. Jon is marching with wildlings, advisors of Stannis and Lady Bolton as is Sansa called or Lannister for that matter. He needs to earn their trust on the battlefield and then he'll be King.

Archived