Will Rob's will surface making Jon King in the North?

Drogo_1

Robb still believed that Rickon and Bran were alive. He got an heir on the way so no need for it and it actually opens a very interesting path given that Jon/Sansa rivalry might be happening. LF would like to see Sansa as QitN but Northerners might want to see Jon rather leading them after the battle. Pre-battle Jon might be the one to be defacto KitN established by smalle Northern houses but the Vale will be in much better position with their army basically full intact. I expect them to win this battle ala Tywin and Stannis did before. Things might get very interesting after the battle.

On 2. 6. 2016 at 7:28 PM, SevasTra82 said:

I agree with Howland Reed.  Unfortunately I don't see him playing a factor at all in the show, so unless he joins up in the Winterfell battle (as you said), I don't expect to see HR at all.

Which makes me wonder...why don't Jon and Sansa send a raven to Reed for aid?  Jon knows that Howland is/was one of his fathers biggest supporters, it would only make sense for him to try to get in touch with him.  I hope the Show at least gives us *that* instead of just ignoring HR all together (outside of flashbacks).

It would be nice to see him even without the parentage to be one fo the Northern lords to respond to their calling. Would love to see him on the show but given that Bran is coming, it might not be needed and saved for him.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Robb still believed that Rickon and Bran were alive. He got an heir on the way so no need for it and it actually opens a very interesting path given that Jon/Sansa rivalry might be happening. LF would like to see Sansa as QitN but Northerners might want to see Jon rather leading them after the battle. Pre-battle Jon might be the one to be defacto KitN established by smalle Northern houses but the Vale will be in much better position with their army basically full intact. I expect them to win this battle ala Tywin and Stannis did before. Things might get very interesting after the battle.

It would be nice to see him even without the parentage to be one fo the Northern lords to respond to their calling. Would love to see him on the show but given that Bran is coming, it might not be needed and saved for him.

Robb called all his banners, so why didn't Reed answer him? That is the bigger question.

20 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Robb called all his banners, so why didn't Reed answer him? That is the bigger question.

Good question this. Maybe Reed is protecting something and will be revealed and relevant later. There is reason why in the books and the show Reed is still a mystery and never responded to Robb. Maybe some pact with Ned over TOJ events.

On May 31, 2016 at 0:24 PM, Drogo_1 said:

According to the books and I believe a scene right before the red wedding, Rob & Catelyn argue about who his heir is. It is very obvious that he names Jon his heir and future king in the North (simultaneously legitimizing him from a snow to a stark) and if memory serves he sent people off to raise his banner near Howland Reid's land to pass the info on. (I may be confusing this letter with other orders but in any case he sent people he trusted with his heir proclamation to someone he trusted.) With Jon and Sansa now traveling from Northern house to Northern house I expect that letter to surface very soon. Either this episode or next. It will be the only way to truly galvanize the north back to their cause and with Sansa having trouble convincing the northern lords that she is neither a Lannister nor a Bolton but in fact a Stark this would be the perfect way to move their stories forward leading to the battle of the bastards. I have been known in the past to throw out some very overthought crackpot theories but I honestly think this generic sequence of events is what we will see. Anyone agree?????

Why would Show!Robb, whose wife had just told him she expecting their child, have named Jon his heir? I could see if he'd named Jon as his child's guardian, but really, it makes no sense for him to disinherit his own child. (Although he also took his pregnant wife with him to the Twins to really rub it into Walder Frey's face that HIS grandkids wouldn't be kings ... so ...)

Can someone point me to the moment in the show, when this will actually happened or was talked about?

Because everyone is discussing it like is a thing in various topics, and I still don't recall it existing.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Can someone point me to the moment in the show, when this will actually happened or was talked about?

Because everyone is discussing it like is a thing in various topics, and I still don't recall it existing.

Thanks.

It never happened in the show and has been stated here several times but people keep ignoring that fact and want to keep crossing the book will into the show.

31 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Why would Show!Robb, whose wife had just told him she expecting their child, have named Jon his heir? I could see if he'd named Jon as his child's guardian, but really, it makes no sense for him to disinherit his own child. (Although he also took his pregnant wife with him to the Twins to really rub it into Walder Frey's face that HIS grandkids wouldn't be kings ... so ...)

Robb wouldn't have to disinherit his own child. He could just legitimize Jon as his younger brother who is heir only until his son is born. At which point Jon would be the heir to Robb's child, until he/she had children. Robb would have to consider the fact that he and his wife could be captured or killed at any time.

On 6/1/2016 at 2:58 PM, tmug said:

Lets not forget Robb had a potential heir to Winterfell on the way with Talisa being pregnant. Why would he write a will giving it to Jon so he could overstep his own kid?

In the book, Robb's wife doesn't even die at the Red Wedding. It made a little more sense for him to issue out a will naming Jon as the heir to Winterfell.

lets not forget " In the show he actually has a disagreement with Cat about naming Jon heir" with him pretty much telling her that he has taking notice of her arguments but that he knows best. 

4 hours ago, Northern_Star said:

lets not forget " In the show he actually has a disagreement with Cat about naming Jon heir" with him pretty much telling her that he has taking notice of her arguments but that he knows best. 

That never happened in the show. No mention of a will, no mention of making Jon an heir, absolutely nothing about the succession.

20 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Thanks.

It never happened in the show, only in the books. It wasn't technically stated 100% that Robb's will named Jon as his heir, but it is heavily suggested and most likely true. Everyone is just wondering if that is going to be incorporated into the show as well.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:11 PM, Artos Cold said:

Link?

Search for Truedde leaks on Reddit and you should find it, they are legit as everything has happened as he predicted it and these were not stuff you could guess either such as Osha and the way she is killed.

There’s zero reason for a will to show up when it isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.  They’ve already shown how such things don’t matter when Cersei tore up Robert’s will naming Eddard Lord Protector of the Realm.  We won’t have a rerun of that same lesson. As Varys taught us, Power resides where men believe it resides.  

Well, that or dragons. When staring down a dragon like Balerion the Black whose jaws alone were large enough to swallow a mammoth in a single gulp, it’s rather hard to argue that belief has any bearing on where power resides.  Sometimes Cersei my dear, Power is power.

Drogon is said to be Balerion come again.  We haven’t seen him that big yet, but we have two more season-jumps to go for him to grow bigger across, and I’m hoping we do.

Well, of course D&D can go the way that Sansa is trying to persuade the Houses to join her (and Jon) and someone being like " *pulls the will out of his pocket* Yeah, well, I got a will from Robb and he named Jon his heir. Sorry Sansa."

Sansa (and whoever is with her) : "oooooh! Holy cow! No doubt this is a real will, not a paper you just made! Wow, a secret will!"

The person: "yeah, that's it. So, Jonny, you're the KitN. Hurray!"

The will wasn't ever mentioned in the show but I suppose that after everything we already saw this season, this will be the tiniest problem. Or they will go all cliché and plot hole, and after the battle, the lords will look around, will see Jon and will name him KitN right there out of the need of saving screen time for some tits etc.

Show Robb doesn't need to have named Jon his heir but to have defined a line of succession (starting with his kid of course) for his will to be relevant. Also, a will legitimizing Jon without naming hi his heir would do the trick as Jon would become the oldest living Stark child. 

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Sansa (and whoever is with her) : "oooooh! Holy cow! No doubt this is a real will, not a paper you just made! Wow, a secret will!"

No, just no. It will be Robb's writing, style and seal, Sansa will see that in the blink of an eye. 

4 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

You nailed it. Nobody would believe it, and even fewer would pay it any attention.  Paper doesn’t matter.

Archived