Why isn't the Crown marching on Dorne?

This has probably been talked about extensively somewhere but if so I haven't found it through a quick search. 

Jaime knows the Sand Snakes took out Myrcella - you really mean to tell me that Cersei isn't mustering every army possible to send down to Sunspear to go Rains of Castamere on the Martells/Sand Snakes?  

Instead we're forgetting about all that and sending Jaime to Riverrun? What the actual seven hells is going on here?!? 

13 hours ago, Duncan I Targaryen said:

This has probably been talked about extensively somewhere but if so I haven't found it through a quick search. 

Jaime knows the Sand Snakes took out Myrcella - you really mean to tell me that Cersei isn't mustering every army possible to send down to Sunspear to go Rains of Castamere on the Martells/Sand Snakes?  

Instead we're forgetting about all that and sending Jaime to Riverrun? What the actual seven hells is going on here?!? 

who is in control of the Lannister armies? 

Yeah, it is a bit ridiculous that the Princess of the seven kingdoms, an innocent little girl, is murdered and there is nothing done in retaliation. Tommen should have rallied all banners and headed south immediately.

38 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, it is a bit ridiculous that the Princess of the seven kingdoms, an innocent little girl, is murdered and there is nothing done in retaliation. Tommen should have rallied all banners and headed south immediately.

Heir apparent of the Seven Kingdoms, let's never forget this. She was Tommen's heir.

53 minutes ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

who is in control of the Lannister armies? 

Yes, this is part of it. The Armies are Kevans, who had an alliance with the Olenna and niehter of them approved of Cerise or Jamie interfering with matters of state.

Now Kevin seems to be happy to play the hand, that Tommen is under sway of the HS and Jamie has the armies.

However, the King has ordered Jamie to the riverlands, so Jamie has to obey.

SO the question isn't why don't Cersie of Jamie want revenge for Myrcella - but why doesn't Tommen. The answer is Tommen is as weak as piss and constantly led astray by the adults around him. He is too young and too kind to rule with the lot of advisors he has.

5 minutes ago, ummester said:

SO the question isn't why don't Cersie of Jamie want revenge for Myrcella - but why doesn't Tommen. The answer is Tommen is as weak as piss and constantly led astray by the adults around him. He is too young and too kind to rule with the lot of advisors he has.

"You will do much better work with the next one" 

Olenna to Margery (doubt that is verbatim, lol, but it was pointed out Joff was killed not only for being a sadistic twat but because he could not be controlled in the way that soft ass Tommen so obviously is used by Marg and the Faith, among many others lol 

1 minute ago, 20goodHoldtheDoors said:

"You will do much better work with the next one" 

Olenna to Margery (doubt that is verbatim, lol, but it was pointed out Joff was killed not only for being a sadistic twat but because he could not be controlled in the way that soft ass Tommen so obviously is used by Marg and the Faith, among many others lol 

Yep - that's pretty close and a very good point. Margery has learnt from one of the best manipulators around and against them both, Tommen doesn't stand a chance - especially when little Tommen is always springing to attention for Margery.

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous that they simply don't care. I get that Cersei and co. are quite busy at the moment with the whole High Sparrow thing but they can send LF to defeat the Boltons and help Freys at Riverlands, but they ignore Dorne. Not only Ellaria killed Myrcella, she also did a coup d'état there and is the ruler now. Dorne is one of the seven kingdoms and quite a big one. Yet Jaime says it like "Ellaria holds the power there, whatever" and they just don't care, they probably don't even think of the possibility of Dorne's potential future independence and / or declaration of war against the weakened Lannisters. Ellaria is such a sweetling and the best friend ever of the Crown, so why bother with it, right?

Personally I think the showrunners wanted to wash their hands of Dorne, that's why they rushed all those assassinations in the first episode. Dorne may show up later, perhaps as a landing point for Dany's invasion, but I can't see them wasting more time with that ridiculous plot. In show it doesn't make sense, but outside of the show they have other, more important stories to tell.

I think the less we see of Dorne on this show the better.  I Love GOT, however they messed up big time with the Sand Snakes.   Everyone loved Obryn so much that they cast actresses all wrong.  They were going for Obryn.2 being total badasses.  They got a Oscar Nominated actress, and 2 pretty girls.  Instead they should have gone for actressess with some fighting ability & more important had the writers re-write the crap that they had laid out for them.  The ship has sailed on Dorne & there was no turning it  around.   I think that we will hear about dorne somewhat & some people may show up in KL, but I think that they have pretty much threw in the towel with dorne.  I hope so anyways.  I will always have the books.

Marching all their remaining armies away from KL seems suicidal. Dorne isn't going anywhere. The Faith Militant, on the other hand, need to be dealt with. Ironically they just managed to convince the king into sending an army away anyway.

7 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous that they simply don't care. I get that Cersei and co. are quite busy at the moment with the whole High Sparrow thing but they can send LF to defeat the Boltons and help Freys at Riverlands, but they ignore Dorne.

- There is no indication that they sent LF North, and why would they send him to attack their erstwhile allies the Boltons?

- The High Sparrow manipulated the Tommen into sending the army to the Riverlands, it wasnt any Lannister idea.

3 minutes ago, Duncan I Targaryen said:

I suspect Dorne is being left alone as it'll probably be the landing point for Dany's forces - it'd be difficult to launch an invasion force with the Lannister army camped out en masse as soon as they get off the boat. Convenient plot hole. 

Its not a plothole, subduing Dorne is a major undertaking. There is WAY too much else going on for the Lannisters to abandon KL to the Martels, ignore the Riverlands and Iron Islands rising up, keep an eye on either Stannis/Bolton/ or Snow depending on what information has flowed South, toss the keys to the Red Keep to the High Sparrow, and march off to a years long campaign against the most far flung region in the Kingdoms.

Dorne isnt a vital threat at the moment, whether they are revenged on this year or in 10 years isnt really relevant when the throne is under siege.

8 hours ago, ummester said:

Yes, this is part of it. The Armies are Kevans, who had an alliance with the Olenna and niehter of them approved of Cerise or Jamie interfering with matters of state.

^This

Cersei and Jamie are no longer in command in KL, Tommen is the king and he is busy with his new friends (the faith militants), kevan commands the lannister's army and Olenna commands the Tyrell's army, even if they wanted to attack Dorne they have no power to do so

The Lannister are enough in trouble already, they can't afford to start another front. The Great Sparrow is gradually seizing KL; the Tyrells want to rescue Margaery and aren't going to send their troops anywhere until then; the Riverlands are resisting the Lannisters; the Boltons have betrayed them (by having Ramsay marry Sansa, who is accused of helping Tyrion murder Joffrey); the Iron Islands are in open rebelion; and Littlefinger is about to make the Vale become rebellious too by supporting Sansa.

I would say that the Lannister troops are spread too thin. The Tyrells aren't helping them keep the Riverlands or the Stormlands, and the Westerlands need protection in case the Iron Islandes target them, so there probably are Lannister troops all around the Crownlands, the Westerlands, the Riverlands and the Stormlands. They have taken many losses too.

As I said, the Tyrells aren't helping them until the issue of the Great Sparrow and of queen Margaery are dealt with. And even then, they aren't going to help the Lannisters in exchange of nothing. They won't help keep the integrity of the Seven Kingdoms unless they are the ones controlling them.

Cersei and Jamie won't move against Dorne until they regain control of KL and close a new deal with the Tyrells for their support. As for Tommen, the Great Sparrow won't allow him to move against Dorne until he (the Great Sparrow) has utterly defeated the Lannisters and the Tyrells.

Archived