Why isn't the Crown marching on Dorne?

Just now, Darksky said:

Cersei and Jaime wanted to react hence that scene with the Small Council. They spelled it out for the viewers. Guess many just barely paid attention to what was happening.  But Kevan's in charge now and he has other, more important, business to tend to. I doubt he even cared about Myrcella. He doesn't seem to care for Cersei and Jaime. He's tight with the Tyrells, and they are busy with the HS and his minions now. Tommen is being manipulated left right and centre, and is also occupied with wanting to get Margaery back. Even if they wanted to do something about Dorne, they haven't had time to make any plans. Now also Riverrun mess is keepinig them distracted,

It seems  like some people want everything to be resolved/pieces to be moved in an episode or two. But then they complain about things being rushed. Hypocrisy. Go figure/

There's patience for the dragged out book storylines and the author taking forver to release a book but no patience for a show with episodes coming out every week and seasons coming out every year. Go figure.

Of course that doesn't make sense either, what with Kevan Lannister, brother and confidante of Tywin Lannister....forgetting one of his brother's most iron clad rules about maintaining power....what with Kevan having been at Twyin's side all this time....

The answer is:  the show wants it this way, and that is all there is to it.

Doubt Kevan worshipped Tywin to the point of dropping urgent matters at their doorstep in order to foolishly send the army away to seek revenge for one girl.

Not even Starks were that stupid...well apart from Brandon Stark.

Besides the point the show wants it this way, there is no reason for them to march against Dorne.

How do the Lannisters know the Martells killed Myrcella? Where's the evidence?
And Doran's son was killed in KL too, they won't try anything. 

Let's recap:

Tyrion sends Myrcella to Dorne:  Cersei goes bat shit and rants about it more than once, that she will get even w/her brother.

Joff is killed:  Cersei goes bat shit, imprisons her brother, puts a hit out for Sansa.

Cersei gets the snake/necklace:  Cersei goes bat shit, more ranting and  threatens to burn Dorne's cities to the ground.

Myrcella's corpse arrives:  Cersei says, oh well, no biggie, it was fate after all no one could have stopped it.

LMAO.  Even though, when Tommen dies she is going to go super bat shit insane and start burning cities to the ground.

Which makes the non reaction to Mycella's death sort of out of character....for all the Lannisters, especially Cersei.  LOL.  

**UM, who else would kill her?  They already tried to kidnap/kill her once, then she gets a long kiss and dies by poison, next thing you know the peacenik ruler and fiance are dead, too.  I know people on the show are dumb as dirt, but even they must be clear that it was Ellaria and the sand snakes.

No evidence, just Cersei and Jaime's word. Kevan's not privy to what the viewer knows so if I were him, I wouldn't put much stock to what they say. He's been dismissive of them (mainly Cersei) for quite some time now. And with good reason. 

Anyway, there's no sufficient cause and no evidence to decide to waste troops when they're needed closer to home.

But no, they should have had Riverlands, High Sparrow and Dorne thrown together and resolved in one episode, that would have been better./s

LMAO.  Where exactly I wonder did the Blackfish get an "army" from in the first place?  Cause all of Robb's army, consisting of Northerners and Riverland houses was massacred at the Red Wedding except for whatever small force stayed to hold the castle.  You know, if we're going to be all logical and everything.

And, why would the crown care more about the Blackfish holed up in riverrun than the princess being murdered right out in the open by the red viper's bastard children and his crazy lover?

Answer: creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen.

11 minutes ago, Darksky said:

No evidence, just Cersei and Jaime's word. Kevan's not privy to what the viewer knows so if I were him, I wouldn't put much stock to what they say. He's been dismissive of them (mainly Cersei) for quite some time now. And with good reason. 

Anyway, there's no sufficient cause and no evidence to decide to waste troops when they're needed closer to home.

But no, they should have had Riverlands, High Sparrow and Dorne thrown together and resolved in one episode, that would have been better./s

Well, to be fair, they've been dragging the High Sparrow crap like it's nobody's business. It took them more than six episodes to do what Randyll freaking Tarly achieved in the books offpage, and most non-readers are absolutely hating that plotline in the forums I know. So I don't know if that's time well spent. 

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't like to spend that time at Dorne either. 

2 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Well, to be fair, they've been dragging the High Sparrow crap like it's nobody's business. It took them more than six episodes to do what Randyll freaking Tarly achieved in the books offpage, and most non-readers are absolutely hating that plotline in the forums I know. So I don't know if that's time well spent. 

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't like to spend that time at Dorne either. 

This is because they're saving the KL wrap up for eps. 8,9,10 for maximum OMG Boom Crash Bang Shocking.  

It's kind of funny how they've trapped themselves in their narrative format in a similar way that GRRM is also trapped now.  They've set up the last 3 episodes, especially the last 2 as HUGE and so they are now stringing out plot lines so they all converge at the end.  Ironic.

2 minutes ago, Darksky said:

I understandt if the non-readers think so, but it'd be rich coming from the asoiaf readers, given the painfully stretched, meandering plotlines in the novels.

True, but two wrongs don't make a right. The show had a chance to actually improve on the books by not doing the painfully stretched, meandering plotlines like GRRM, but like @Cas Stark says, their format of leaving everything shocking for the last episodes is proving to be similarly restrictive. 

17 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

This is because they're saving the KL wrap up for eps. 8,9,10 for maximum OMG Boom Crash Bang Shocking.  

And the Big Bang is confirmed by... what so far?

Too many assumptions. I like this.

Anyways it's true, they are focused in making shocking moments in each episode with no reason (the red woman + Dany over Drogon speach for ex)

And a that's the technical explanation to why we didn't get any more Dorne so far. Their fault for making it so dull.

Let's make this more clear. Dorne isn't difficult to conquer. It has proven IMPOSSIBLE to conquer. Any success in bringing Dorne into the fold was through marriage. Now granted Cersei is batshit crazy and is indeed nuts enough to send troops there to be slaughtered... But she's not in charge. The Tyrells who have the strongest remaining army ain't sending their troops there to be slaughtered. Plus the Lannisters are dealing with the Faith whom Cersei foolishly gave power and has allowed to basically take over the city.  There will be no immediate justice for Myrcella if there will be any at all...  Just as there was no justice for Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon...  Did Dorne send there army to KL to seek vengeance?  Nope and neither will the Lannisters. Not even if Tywin were still in charge. 

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I guess that makes Show Ellaria even dumber, really, really dumb.

She killed the rest of the Martell family, and Myrcella and still she hasn't gotten the war she wanted.  All that kinslaying for nothing.

Not to mention that on the show, there are no Dornish troops in the passes, and there are actually only about 17 people in Dorne at all, apparently, including bodyguards who stand around while people assassinate the rulers they're supposedly guarding, and minus one sea captain who was killed for ... bringing valuable information to the Sand Snakes? So Cersei should just send people to infiltrate Dorne, Obara will kill everyone who brings her news of this infiltration, and then whoever gets through just has to bribe those feckless guards with ... I don't even know what, an ice cream cone, and voila, they've won their war.

It's not just that they actively are not marching on Dorne that's the problem; it's that it has never even come up as a thing. Cersei literally said she would burn their cities (or city? or palace?) to the ground if they harmed Myrcella, but now she's doing nothing after they've actually KILLED Myrcella? She's not even insisting that someone do something - she was apparently more bugged by some guy who made fun of her during her walk than by her daughter's murder, 'cos she sent Gregor Clegane to take care of that fellow. And the Small Counsil isn't even a tiny bit concerned that there's been a coup in Dorne, which was allied to the Iron Throne, and now the guy who consented to the marriage alliance that bonded Dorne with IT, his only son and heir, AND Tommen's heir Myrcella are all dead. It's not even like they paid lip service to the idea that it was something they'd have to deal with later. Instead, they are like toddlers pretending that something unpleasant will go away if they ignore it.

It's completely bizarre that people think the show writers have "solved" the problem of Dorne by doing the same thing - pretending that it never existed. These Emmy-award winning writers created the mess in the first place - it's not GRRM's Dorne plot, they made up their own - and their way to resolve that mess is to ignore it completely, and never mind the illogic. :blink: 

Dorne was the escape goat of the show. They killed it and berried it. Its obvious they regret how they ruined Dorne in sesason 5.

There is no logic about it. Everyone on the show is acting like Dorne never happened and that is what D&D wanted.

But by ignoring Dorne and killing Doran they left humongous plot holes.

On 1. 6. 2016 at 9:55 PM, mbuehner said:

- There is no indication that they sent LF North, and why would they send him to attack their erstwhile allies the Boltons?

- The High Sparrow manipulated the Tommen into sending the army to the Riverlands, it wasnt any Lannister idea.

Cersei sent LF to deal with the Boltons after he told her that they betrayed her and had Sansa.

shitty writing, they went to dorne for no reason, they killed myrcella for no reason, and now cersei doesn't care about the death of her child AND ON TOP OF THAT they remind us with the bravos play that there is nothing in the world that cersei loves more than her children.

thats why i can't take seriously people who says that D&D are good writers or are doing a good job writing this show.

simpler solution, never go to dorne, and put myrcella on a bus a.k.a. leave myrcella in dorne and just say from time to time "she is good up there eating blood oranges and splashing around in the water gardens"

24 minutes ago, tormund's beard said:

shitty writing, they went to dorne for no reason, they killed myrcella for no reason, and now cersei doesn't care about the death of her child AND ON TOP OF THAT they remind us with the bravos play that there is nothing in the world that cersei loves more than her children.

thats why i can't take seriously people who says that D&D are good writers or are doing a good job writing this show.

simpler solution, never go to dorne, and put myrcella on a bus a.k.a. leave myrcella in dorne and just say from time to time "she is good up there eating blood oranges and splashing around in the water gardens"

I think that there is no follow up to Myrcella's death because it's related to maggy's prophecy and all dorne's plot was written as fulfilment of this prophecy

28 minutes ago, tormund's beard said:

Cerise does care. She just can't do anything about it.

Archived