2016 NBA FINALS - Runnin' it Back

Relic

It's weird... I feel like Cleveland is lucky to only be down nine, while at the same time think GSW is lucky to be up nine. :dunno: 

Curry and Klay have started slow, and Cleveland is shooting less than 40%.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Flipside to that is how often is the Warrior's bench going to put up 45 points. 

Hopefully not too many or it'll be a boring series.  They probably won't have another game this good but you can see how much easier it is for guys like Livingston to get their shots here compared to the OKC series.

8 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Hopefully not too many or it'll be a boring series.  They probably won't have another game this good but you can see how much easier it is for guys like Livingston to get their shots here compared to the OKC series.

Oh yeah, The Cavs just don't have the same sort of defense as OKC. Seems like the Warriors have a decent matchup advantage here.

Iguodala actually played better after this.  It's apparently a "play on the ball" and thus a clean, common foul by Dellavedova because at some point his hand may have come within 3 feet of the ball. 

But remember, Green = big meanie, Delly = clean, scrappy gamer.

I'm no Patrick Beverley fan, but his tweet after the nut-shot made me chuckle.  Partly also because of the responses saying Beverley would never have the chance because he'll never make the finals.

Here's to a good rest of the series.

Livingston looked so happy he longer had to face OKC's ridiculous length and Waiters's strength and could just shoot over defenders and post them up easily all day.

Cavs need to get better of offense quickly. And Kyrie should pass the ball more, he forced so many shots.

I was able to catch most of the second half, and it looked to me like Iguodala is gunning for his second straight Finals MVP.  Great defense, clutch shots and big rebounds/assists. 

9 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Cavs getting destroyed by the GSW bench - if they can't win with Klay and Curry ice cold it's hard to see them doing anything in games where they show up.

9 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Flipside to that is how often is the Warrior's bench going to put up 45 points. 

I see what you're saying Manhole, but I think this is really demoralizing.  When Klay and Curry score 20 points on 27 shots, you must win the game.  The OKC series demonstrated that sometimes those guys are going to make their shots even when your defense is right there.  You have to make the most of the chance when they are cold.  Plus, the Cavs didn't just lose, they lost by 15.

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

Cavs need to get better of offense quickly. 

They need to get even better on defense than they do on offense. Warriors scored 104 points on 87 shots, with neither Klay nor Curry having a particularly good game. This series is gonna be SOOO anticlimactic after the WCF. Wars in 5. 

Archived