The Poster Below: v43

Ramsay B.

I binged Luke Cage. The first half of it was really good, but it kind of lost its way after like episode 7. And 13 episodes was way too long. I still haven't watched the last episode yet.

TPB will tell us their favorite crime movie.

Well I've got a long list for that. The Untouchables, Good Fellas, L.A. Confidential, etc. Can't just not watch them whenever stumbling upon any of those movies on TV.

TPB will tell us their favorite 'movie-plot twist(s)'

Do you mean the type of plot twist, or the movies where it occurs? Because to do both, would be a spoiler...

I'll do the former: my favorite twist of all is "the protagonist you were rooting for was really a villain all along". I can think of several movies where it occurs, but won't list them because - spoilers.

TPB will do the same, but will do the opposite of what I did and list their favorite movies with great plot twists - without naming what the twists are. (Or if you want to, put it in spoiler tags.)

I usually have two books I'm reading, one on my mobile phone/tablet (which is handy to read when you're on a bus etc.) and one as a printed book I can read when I get to sit down comfortably.

On my mobile, I'm reading the e book of the historical novel "I Am the Chosen King" (aka Harold the King) by Helen Hollick... Which just happens to fit with today's 950th annivesary of the Battle of Hastings.

As far as printed books go, I've started reading GRRM's "Dreamsongs" part 1 - collection of his short stories, starting with the earliest ones. I've read the first few, those he wrote in his youth, and I'm about to start "A Song for Lya".

TPB will do the same.

Nice! A couple of days back, I finished reading "The Lonely Songs of Larren Dorr" by GRRM. I've heard that you can spot the genesis of many of the themes and ideas in ASOIAF in his earlier works. 

Currently in the middle of reading Crime and Punishment (Dostoyevsky), taking it slowly.

TPB will tell us their preferred genre in literature (mystery, thriller, crime, fantasy, philosophy, etc.) and their favourite book from that genre.

I always want to read the fantasy genre. I will read mysteries but after one read I want to shout at the characters because they do not see what should be obvious. Historical fiction is another genre I can appreciate. Never really read thrillers or crime novels, and definitely do not read philosophy.

TPB will share what they do when they are bored.

Archived