Bakker's the Great Ordeal excerpts III: Barthes to Balzac(spoilers)

Kalbear

18 hours ago, Madness said:

Really, Mith?

You would know having informed Bakker of so much Bakker news over the years? Any idea why a single week delay can happen though?

No idea why really.

It happened with previous books as well, I remember. They set a date, and in the end they released it a month later, or two.

The arc's for this one had an August mention on it as well, which sort of indicates the "fluidity" of their schedule. It doesn't matter much when it's only a week of course.

Thanks, Mith. Well - may Fortuna favour us.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more of the Westeros trying to win one of the two ARCs, especially at the rate you can all spew random theories here :P.

Posting a question or a prediction in this thread gets you entered for a chance to win one of two The Great Ordeal ARCs. Duplicates aren't disqualified so you don't have to read the thread if you are worried about spoilers. Your questions/predictions will be counted up to ten so there's really no reason why everyone shouldn't be entered into the draws ten times.

Thanks again, mrganondorf :)!

Yeah, if I remember wasn't the overlook one delayed for a while and a bunch of us ordered WLW via England? I kinda remember lording that over people. That was fun.

6 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Scott got back to me with the answers to the interview questions. :)

So you can expect to see the interview go up soon! ;)

Patrick

Oh, man, I am looking forward to this :).

Thanks, Pat.

The excerpt that was read with sorweel wasn't complete. Its second half is possibly just as weird as the akka/mimara one. Definitely didn't see that one coming. Don't think anyone did.

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

The excerpt that was read with sorweel wasn't complete. Its second half is possibly just as weird as the akka/mimara one. Definitely didn't see that one coming. Don't think anyone did.

Wait, what?

29 minutes ago, Madness said:

Lol - paying upwards of $100 for an ARC is one hell of a way to not support Bakker and still read the book.

Poor Westerosi. You're at his mercy now, I suppose.

Seattle also is home to places that get ARCs, Madness. Places I've worked at and have friends at. Do you think that all ARCs are sold on eBay?

And sorry, @Werthead. While this topic is marked with spoilers and I didn't think what I wrote was particularly spoilery, I'm guessing that it qualifies? I'm not sure how you'd like me to proceed, here. PM me if you could.

Am also curious how the rest of y'all would like me to proceed.

12 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Seattle also is home to places that get ARCs, Madness. Places I've worked at and have friends at. Do you think that all ARCs are sold on eBay?

Lol - nope, I know that all ARCs are not sold on eBay.

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Am also curious how the rest of y'all would like me to proceed.

You could exile yourself from discussion like everyone else who has read an ARC?

My feeling is that we shouldn't be spoiling the whole book before it comes out, especially not this one, which is best read cold and unspoiled (I think me and Pat may have teased a bit too much anyway). Spoiler discussion of the book pre-release is best-handled on the SA subforum especially dedicated to that.

Once the book is widely available in the wild - and that includes if a whole ton of bookshops and Amazon start sending the book out early - it's fair game but we will have a very clearly labelled thread for that.

Archived